Uses for the new Mew

rgp151

What are some good uses for the new Mew from Fates Collide?

The new Mew has 50 HP and can copy the attack of any of your pokemon, but requires the same attack cost. However Mew is Psychic so can make use of Dimension Valley to attack for * less if there is a * in the attack cost being copied.

Here are some of the ones I can think of:

1) The most obvious of course is Night March, being able to copy the attack of Joltik so you can attack for 1 energy instead of a DCE, plus you get 10 more HP.

2) Jirachi (Doom Desire) for 1 energy.

3) Regice, Jolteon-EX, Glaceon-EX for 2 basic energy you can use a Safeguard attack, which negates the problems of low HP.

4) Mega Rayquaza to Emerald Break for 2 basics, but may not be worth it since that would require D Valley, but might be worth running 1 Mew just in case the opponent plays D Valley, maybe...

5) Miltank in Expanded (assuming Miltank rotates) so you can attack for 0 energy with D Valley. 

6) Dialga-EX also a Safeguard type of pokemon sort of.

7) Kyurem-EX would, let you Icecalibur for 3 energy which is also a sort of safeguard attack.

Of these obviously Night March makes the most sense. Jirachi may work too since there isn't any really critical stadium for Metal. Could possibly combo well with Dilaga-EX. Maybe a Jirachi, Dialga-EX, Mew deck?

Regice, Jolteon, Glaceon, etc., are kind of interesting, but running these with D Valley doesn't sound great. 

Mega Ray is also an interesting, but obviously you aren't going to run D Valley. Could still be worth it even without D Valley though, but probably not. Wouldn't be worth more than being a single tech card. 

Miltank would be awesome. Maybe running this with something like Empoleon, but may not be Standard any more. 

Kyurem probably not, because loading 3 energy onto something with 50 HP doesn't sound good, plus D Valley and Kyurem doesn't sound good.

Any other ideas?

I'm tempted to see how it would run in a donk deck. One of the biggest issues with a latios donk deck is starting with a latios over another card. In this case you can start with Mew, search the latios and donk.

The question comes with the legality of it, can a Mew attack if the attack he is copying can be used when you go first? 

I'm tempted to see how it would run in a donk deck. One of the biggest issues with a latios donk deck is starting with a latios over another card. In this case you can start with Mew, search the latios and donk.

The question comes with the legality of it, can a Mew attack if the attack he is copying can be used when you go first? 

I think so, because the language is on the attack, it's not an ability of the pokemon. 

The new mew looks fun and good but with 50 hp (i think lol) i dont know how good it will truly be but it will be good with night march for sure 

Scepite, Toad, Manectric, Shaymin (sky return for multi-usage), maybe Lugia or Yveltal to revenge a heavy energy mon.

Sceptile maybe. Toad no, because without the HP you would just get one turn of a lock and very little damage. The problem with Lugia and Yveltal is that it's too situational because like you said, it would only make sense when the opponent has a lot of energy. You aren't going to load up lots of energy onto Mew. 

It would get a zero energy Stardust from the promo Jirachi.

I thought about this, but I don't see people playing Jirachi + Mew just for this scenario. 

The new mew looks fun and good but with 50 hp (i think lol) i dont know how good it will truly be but it will be good with night march for sure 

That's why most of the pokemon I was proposing are Safeguard type pokemon. If the opponent can't attack you then your low HP doesn't matter. I think Mew only makes sense when you can do a lot of damage for little energy, or when you take take advantage of a Safeguard effect. 

I could see Raticate Break also as a possibility as well.

Sceptile maybe. Toad no, because without the HP you would just get one turn of a lock and very little damage. The problem with Lugia and Yveltal is that it's too situational because like you said, it would only make sense when the opponent has a lot of energy. You aren't going to load up lots of energy onto Mew. 

I thought about this, but I don't see people playing Jirachi + Mew just for this scenario. 

That's why most of the pokemon I was proposing are Safeguard type pokemon. If the opponent can't attack you then your low HP doesn't matter. I think Mew only makes sense when you can do a lot of damage for little energy, or when you take take advantage of a Safeguard effect. 

I could see Raticate Break also as a possibility as well.

Mew in a raticate break deck would be amazing...

Pretty sure Raticate Break isn't a basic.

Ahh, I didn't notice that it only works on Basics. I guess that rules out Mega Ray as well then, to bad...

So I guess the main use will be Night March and Safeguard attack pokemon..

Archived