[CARD] Mewtwo-EX Breakthrough 62/162 (among others)

KarpGrinder

Encountered a bug while playing my Regice (Ancient Origins 24/98) against a Mewtwo-EX using the 'Damage Change' attack after my Regice had used 'Resistance Blizzard' (During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon-EX).

When the 'Damage Change' attack was used no damage was done to my Regice, however; the Mewtwo-EX was healed completely (even though there was 80 damage on my Regice).

I don't know if other 'EX blocking' pokemon are vulnerable to this or just Regice (since that is based on an attack).

Is this a bug, or is this in alignment with the rules of the standard PTCG? 

Regice's attack prevents all effects of the attacks, but does not prevent the attack from happening. So Mewtwo swaps its damage done to it, but because of your effect in place, nothing happens in return. hope I explained it well enough

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

As already mentioned, this is not a bug and is working as intended. As such, I'll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other issues.

Thanks for your report!

Archived