CycloneGU

Triner;s Challenge Suggestion - Legacy Mode

CycloneGU

I don't know how to phrase this better: having a "Legacy Mode" in Trainer's Challenge to allow users to unlock BW packs would be a great way to encourage more participation in this mode of play.  In other words, bring back the old leagues to participate in after the player has completed the 36 trainer challenge and won the City Championship, and allow players to not only earn the older decks for winning (I mean HG/SS ad B/W basic green, blue, red, and yellow decks), but also to participate in the leagues - including the currently defunct Diamond League - and play against the old decks that Trainers used to use in those eras.  Winning these leagues and 4-starring these Trainers then earns you HG/SS or B/W packs depending on the league; the same bonuses apply again for clearing the entire league with each owned theme deck.  This would allow users to obtain a large number of HG/SS/B/W cards and thus be able to come up with their own Legacy decks, and perhaps trade for the few missing cards to complete a targeted deck as well, rather than having to grasp for straws from the outset.

The availability of Feraligatr in the shop is a good start to making these packs available.  We also need to have all of these packs available in the shop again for tokens (because I see no reason to spend $28 on Gems to buy virtual cards, and don't agree with that idea).  You want to encourage more people to participate in Legacy Mode?  Get the packs in the shop and easy to get.  People can't buy the physical packs very easily these days, so let them earn tokens and use them on those packs instead of the XY packs.  Those who can find the physical packs will redeem the code cards, anyway.  Another option is to start reproducing the older packs and re-releasing the lines in addition to the Sun/Moon coming up; that way, they spend the $6 on those packs as well and get the code cards to redeem online.

Come up with some way to encourage more people to play Legacy Mode. I believe this is a good start.

KarpGrinder

This isn't really a bug - and would be better posted in the 'Game Feedback' forum.

CycloneGU

If the moderators wish, it can be moved there. I actually plan to submit a request for the feature through the portal anyway, but I have been getting constant insufficient login - info messages so have not been able to.

And another censor note.  Those two words surrounding a hyphen are censored.  How are we supposed to request help or give feedback if our feedback is censored in every single post?

Edited by CycloneGU

KarpGrinder

And another censor note.  Those two words surrounding a hyphen are censored.  How are we supposed to request help or give feedback if our feedback is censored in every single post?

If you're referring to the original post - it appears to be intact with no censors. 

Back on topic; the developers are more likely to take heed of your feedback in the feedback forums since you'll likely get more replies making the moderators of these forums take note and pass said feedback to the development team.

CycloneGU

If you're referring to the original post - it appears to be intact with no censors. 

Back on topic; the developers are more likely to take heed of your feedback in the feedback forums since you'll likely get more replies making the moderators of these forums take note and pass said feedback to the development team.

Put those two words together in a post.

Login info

EDIT: Wow, why did that get blotted out in the original post until I edited it afterwards?  Maybe I made a typo and it was a censor item...

Once again back on topic, I'll have to see which forum that is.

Edited by CycloneGU