Sign in to follow this  
CycloneGU

Suggestion: Maximum of Trade-locked Cards and Quantity Sort

CycloneGU

I know this is going to break the entire concept of tradeable packs designed by the developers here, but it really needs to be considered here.

In the game, there are a large number of packs that are not tradeable.  These can be obtained from the ladder or possibly from the shop itself (with tokens).  I get that cards are not tradeable; I have no problem with that.  However, I do have a problem with having, for instance, 11 trade-locked Pikachu sitting there and knowing 7 will never be of use.  Do I really need 11 trade-locked Pikachu?  The same four can be used in unlimited decks anyway, so why not let me use the other 7 for trading?  Sometimes, people do giveaways on their Twitch channels and such, so being able to use them to acquire giveaways would be a nice thing to do.  I agree with keeping four of them trade-locked in the spirit of the intent for not being able to trade them, but at the same time, it's better to trade-lock the intended packs and then, I feel, allow regular common cards and such to be traded later.  Perhaps common cards should never be trade-locked; very rarely do people need to trade them, unless trading a foursome for someone interested in a deck using them (or for giveaways).  Even better, why not let us choose cards we want to trade-lock ourselves?  For instance, when I first sought Octillery, I eventually found one and traded a Gen pack for it, and suddenly I had people fawning all over my Octillery trying to offer me Uncommon Chests and the like for it; I don't want those offers, so let me trade-lock the Octillery I just received so those offers go away, or let me choose how to filter my trades by whether I'm trading FOR or trading AWAY.  I'm scared of what will happen when I have a tradeable Shaymin-EX; the trade window will be so full of garbage offers that there will be no point even trying to trade for the second one.

Additionally, sorting by quantity in the collection, as it stands, is useless.  It takes a full minute and change to scroll through all the 1s and 2s in my collection to reach what I really want: the Pokémon witth 5 or more in there.  And I have a few of those by now.  The Pokémon you have the most of should be the FIRST Pokémon available in the sort, not available only after two minutes of scrolling.

One last idea: why do we still not have the ability to see Trainer Challenge decks?  I'm doing a good job analyzing those so far (Exploud, you are the 'MON - see what I did there), and am currently working on Greyson, but it would be easier if we can just look at them like a regular opponent's deck.  I'll post another thread suggesting Legacy Mode with those trainers; I brought this up in discussion and it was met favourably, and I want to expand on those ideas separately.

So, to summarize my ideas here, and please pass these ideas along.  These ideas would make for an even better game.

- maximum 4 non-tradeable of any species

- players can choose to trade-lock anything not already locked

- better trade filtering (whether trying to acquire or trade something away)

- quantity sorting sorting by most first

- see Trainer Challenge decks after the game

• Downvote 1

shinygeodude

I've seen the suggestion made before of having a maximum of 4 non-tradeable of a given card. I posted about it once myself. Maybe the more people who post this idea, the more likely they'll actually do it.

Nightsshade

Trade locked will likely never be fully tradeable, it incentivises pack purchasing. That said, I could see them going hearthstone esque allowing people to breakdown tradelocked cards for currency which allows them to buy other tradelocked cards/packs.

jcgoble3

I'm scared of what will happen when I have a tradeable Shaymin-EX; the trade window will be so full of garbage offers that there will be no point even trying to trade for the second one.

Having possession of a tradable Shaymin, I can confirm that this fear is 100% valid. :P The ability to voluntarily trade-lock it would be wonderful.

Additionally, sorting by quantity in the collection, as it stands, is useless.  It takes a full minute and change to scroll through all the 1s and 2s in my collection to reach what I really want: the Pokémon witth 5 or more in there.  And I have a few of those by now.  The Pokémon you have the most of should be the FIRST Pokémon available in the sort, not available only after two minutes of scrolling.

In list view, once you click on a column header to sort by that column, you can click on the same header again to reverse the order. So you are (I assume) just clicking on the quantity header once; if you click it a second time, it will flip it so that the cards you have the most of are at the top.

Winkel-hime

Tradelock specifically exists so you can't get rid of useless cards and keep buying packs for real money. So making it less awfull... Nope, not gonna happen.

CycloneGU

Trade locked will likely never be fully tradeable, it incentivises pack purchasing. That said, I could see them going hearthstone esque allowing people to breakdown tradelocked cards for currency which allows them to buy other tradelocked cards/packs.

This isn't about trading an EX from a trade-locked pack.  I even say leave cards locked for trade like they are now, but give the option to make THE GAME better by allowing excess cards, even from locled packs, to be tradeable.  Most people who get a lot of spare EXs could of course give them to friends, giving them a good early experience with the game and perhaps having a new permanent participant in that player; it also means that those friends can better try out things against each other by sharing their spare free cards.  A happy customer is a staying customer, so try to keep them happy; don't restrict activities.  Even with EXs, most players will demand a good tradeback, and if two locked EXXs end up trading for each other, it benefits both parties, and both parties will probably be very happy and continue to have an interest in the game, whereas not being able to get what you need is going to give a negative experience and cause some to quit playing.  They need to stop thinking about how to sell digital cards for real cash because no one in their right mind should be buying digital cards with real cash.  That's just my opinion though.  This is for the betterment of the game itself that I make this suggestion, and I note that it only would take effect for any cards above the four that are already trade-locked; they must always retain four of each card if they originally had them, and it provides security in knowing your decks will never break if you already use those cards.  Heck, cards used in a deck should be locked, too!  (I don't want my theme decks to be tradeable, but this applies to custom builds as well.)

In list view, once you click on a column header to sort by that column, you can click on the same header again to reverse the order. So you are (I assume) just clicking on the quantity header once; if you click it a second time, it will flip it so that the cards you have the most of are at the top.

Believe it or not, that didn't work for me last nite.  And now, it's still not working.  So I am considering this a bug.  Even so, the default sort SHOULD be highest, not lowest.

Tradelock specifically exists so you can't get rid of useless cards and keep buying packs for real money. So making it less awfull... Nope, not gonna happen.

Once again, this would only apply with cards over four locked cards and puts more cards into the marketplace, making it easier for players who need more common cards to get them.  Yes, I know that it's preferred they buy real packs, but to be fair I started playing online because I started buying real packs, and I'm probably never going to play with those real packs.  I buy them to collect them.  I just wish I had better EX luck IRL as I have so far only pulled a Kyogre-EX outside of Generations...

In any case, if they want people to buy packs, they should stop offering so many free packs to players in the first place.  Solves the problem.  Also keeps people away from the game.  My point stands: allow cards in excess to be traded.  Players can get rid of a lot of commons, get a couple packs, and get a new EX in one.  We're frowning on this?

falangel4

The best idea and I've thought this would be the best route to allow trade locks passed 4 to have a sense of "value" without diminishing or adding to the amount of trad-able cards.

Cheery-Dog

The filters "I am Getting" and "I am Giving" already exist for avoiding seeing bad offers come up.

Or at least they do with Public Offers.

I generally just end up going "I Am Giving" and "For Trade" when I go searching them.

There's still the occassional random people that offer bad things for something I have listed as tradable and my Shaymin though. (there's at least one of these every time)

I want to see a "Not For Trade" tag that could be applied top those certain cards, so they can be filtered out of appearing in my search though.

Xensor

I've seen the suggestion made before of having a maximum of 4 non-tradeable of a given card. I posted about it once myself. Maybe the more people who post this idea, the more likely they'll actually do it.

yeah or trade em for coins or tickets atleast if not in pub trade. like do you wish to sell this many for this many coins.

like 11 gets you 50 coins or so.

CycloneGU

Oh, I get this now.  So my 12 locked Pikachu cards from Roaring Skies, I would have the ability to say hey, I want to sell these cards back to you, so you'll give me 5 per card?  Great, that's 50 more tokens, thanks!  That might be an idea to explore, though at the same time I have no problem offering 8 Piakchu to loving homes instead of *ahem* selling them. -.-

The filters "I am Getting" and "I am Giving" already exist for avoiding seeing bad offers come up.

Or at least they do with Public Offers.

I generally just end up going "I Am Giving" and "For Trade" when I go searching them.

There's still the occassional random people that offer bad things for something I have listed as tradable and my Shaymin though. (there's at least one of these every time)

I want to see a "Not For Trade" tag that could be applied top those certain cards, so they can be filtered out of appearing in my search though.

How do you activate this?  I've looked in filters but can only see to pick cards, packs, avatar, gameplay.  I don't see other options.

EDIT: I have found it.  So clicking on Cards, even though it's already selected, brings up the window for options.  This is not very clear and user-friendly, as I have never known you could do this.  There needs to be a better way to show there is a filters window.

Now we need a way to specify a specific card that we are seeking.

Edited by CycloneGU

max32td

Your ideas won't be accepted. I think you know why. Because it wont be a win-win situation

My idea is even better. If over max 4 trade lock cards, exchange it into trainer tokens

CycloneGU

Your ideas won't be accepted. I think you know why. Because it wont be a win-win situation

My idea is even better. If over max 4 trade lock cards, exchange it into trainer tokens

I don't have a problem with this, but some people probably want to keep details on the cards they have collected the most of, so that would ruin their information.

I prefer that we can actually trade them, but at the same time people have to WANT them.  So exchanging for tokens seems like a fair option, and only for over four.  Anything that you open that IS tradeable you keep and can trade as well normally.

Sign in to follow this