Turn 1 Doom Desire Metal Deck

rgp151

edit: really, **************** Aegi-slash are censored?

This is kind of a weird but effective deck. Max Elixir opens up a lot of turn 1 opportunities, like turn 1 Regice, turn 1 Jolteon-EX, turn 1 Sceptile-EX, etc., and for this deck, turn 1 Jirachi > Doom Desire.

Now Doom Desire is NOT typically something to build a deck around, especially now with Zoroark, but in the early game it can be massively disruptive, and even lead to donks. One key thing to remember about Doom Desire is that if the opponent evolved then it also cancels the effect, so that's the biggest downfall of turn 1 Doom Desire, it basically doesn't work on evolution pokemon, so for example its not going to be effective against Garchomp.

But this deck focuses on making it possible to pull of turn 1 Doom Desire and also setup quickly for other attacks as well.

Pokemon - 14

4 Jirachi (Doom Desire version)

2X2 Zoroark

2X2 ********

Trainers - 37

3 Team Aqua Secret Base (make it harder for them to retreat)

4 VS Seeker

3 Battle Compressor (Increase chance of access to a draw supporter and getting energy into the discard pile)

4 Ultra Ball

4 Level Ball

4 Max Elixir

3 Switch

3 Float Stone

1 Sacred Ash

3 Professor Sycamore

2 Shauna

1 Wally

1 Skyla

1 Lysander

Energy - 11

11 Metal Energy

The deck leaves a little to be desired, but the focus is on speed. If you go second, then what you are hoping for is to get a Jirachi on the bench, with a Max Elixir and an energy and a way to move the Jirachi to the active. With 3 Switches and 3 Float Stones this is a good chance.

Also there is Wally so that if you start with Bronzor you can Wally into Bronzong to potentially attach energy onto a Jirachi and then ******* active. You can also Wally into Zoroark to potentially Stand in and retreat on turn 1 if you have Max Elixir.

If you go first, then you can just do two attachments. I think going second is better for this deck for a couple reasons. For one, if you are able to pull off the turn 1 Doom Desire it can be huge. Even if you don't, it's more likely that by turn 2 they will already have evolved if they happen to be an evolving pokemon, and then you can get them.

I had played this deck, but i played it without Zoroark (that time, zoroark doesnt exist), you could add some escape ropes, and be careful with fairy decks, because they have aromatisse, fairy garden and the special energy that can block all this strategy, maybe a Scizor-ex could work so good in this deck.  ;)

Yes, but fairy is weak to Metal, so not worried about them :P

There are multiple ways to play Doom Desire Jirachi, but this one focuses on trying to get off a turn 1 Doom Desire.

Another way to go is to use either Malamar-EX or Hypno+Steel Shelter and then put them to sleep. If they don't wake up or have a way to Switch out, then it's a KO.

In the past I did an all Jirachi deck with Vileplume. It's actually pretty good, but its complicated to run. The Vileplume prevents the use of Switches, etc. It had 2X2X2 Vileplume and 2X2 ************ 4 Jirachi with 4 AZ. I'd either AZ the Vileplume to use my items or I'd AZ the Jirachi and have another loaded up to put into his place.

Doom Desire is one great attack but this deck is easy to beat with:

first of all keldeo/float stone or zoroark/float stone and retreat system.

But there are ways to deal with it:

The way to deal with its cons is retreat lock and i decided to use dragalgae + ariados line and i use mew ex for attack since it has a higher hp and it can use D.Valley and FFB is a very great staple in most decks . If you manage to pull 1 mew , 1 jirachi ,1 spinarak ,1 skrelp on first turn then you are good . Brigette is very good in this case you can get all 3 basics and get the mew with a ub or maybe you start off with it.

Hope it was good :P
-Mextwo

Another trick you can do is once Fates Collide comes out, you can try Mew with Dimension Valley, so you can use the attack with Mew for only one Metal Energy.

Another trick you can do is once Fates Collide comes out, you can try Mew with Dimension Valley, so you can use the attack with Mew for only one Metal Energy.

I forgot to put thatin my list :P

Good idea, but you would have to run something like 4 Mew and 2 or 3 Jirachi, with 4 Level Balls. Still, it could be worthwhile.

Too bad Miltank is rotating, I'd like to use Mew + Miltank to potentially attack for 80 for 0 energy :)

Archived