Favorite decks? Let's have a friendly conversation about them!

Plasmetic

hm i don't really know what my favorite deck is that i made...I can name a few though. 

1. Miltank/Empoleon - Takes advantage of miltanks powerful friend attack with a power up from empoleon. Plus non-ex and actually easy set up with miltank attack only costing 1 energy. 

2. Garchomp/Lucario ex/Hawlucha/Garbodror - Takes on ex decks with ease.

3. Sceptile Ex/Verizion Ex/Ariados - the first competitive deck i was ever able to make . nostalgic to me and fun to use. 

4. Aurorus Ex - Took me awhile to make a deck list for this card because set up is so hard with it and the attack limits it. To say the least i actually made it viable and it performs quite well and is very unique from anything i've ever played against online. 

Very interesting decks...

Thoughts on Alakazam EX decks and Carbink-BREAK decks?

I still haven't decided if Carbink Break/Regirock/Medicham is better than just Garchomp/Regirock, but it's certainly not bad. When you start with Carbink it can be quite awesome, but it's kind like Fairy where you get really depended on having that Xerneas start. If you are running Carbink then generally you are very depended on the Carbink start. 

I gotta say that my all time favorite deck has gotta go to Fox/Lugia EX/******** **. Although it is a newer deck with cards from Fates Collide and may not be as popular yet, it is a very flexible and all the cards except for ******** ** are dirt cheap. Will post deck list in edit in a little while.

Edit: Seriously, they censored the Emerald Slash pokemon!

My most consistent decks are:

A standard Garchomp/Lucario Ex/Champ/Landorus deck.  This deck is my go to deck for when I want to put up a bunch of versus points.  I may try throwing in a zygarde ex or two and see how it works.

A Hydriegon/Malamar Ex/ Darkrai Ex/ Yveltal deck.  I also just added Umbreon Ex to this deck and it seems to be working out.  Umbreon Ex can save a game if you get a bad draw.  

The third deck I have been having fun making is a Ampheros Ex/Kingdra Ex/ Magnezone/Manaphy Ex Deck.  This deck uses scoops and energy pouches to keep energy and then dump it onto your next attacking pokemon. You can also run a Goldduck Break with this deck if you wanted.

In my three years of playing PTCGO (in fact, tomorrow's my third anniversary), I've played all kinds of different decks as I steadily built my collection. But I think my personal favorite deck I've ever played has to be Weavile/Eggs.

Around the time when Flashfire was new, I was playing Unlimited, and I faced someone playing this deck. I just barely beat them, but I couldn't help but marvel at the sheer power of Junk Arm in that deck; I had to try it myself. After getting some Junk Arms together, I built the deck, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, from back then all the way to this day in the Legacy format.

One of my favorite moments with it happened recently in a Legacy Tournament. I was facing a Plasma deck, and I was one Pokémon short of KO'ing my opponent's Deoxys-EX; however, I noticed that it would have 10 HP after my attack (it had a damage counter from Rainbow Energy), and I used that to my advantage next turn by KO'ing it with Hail, of all attacks! What a way to win a game. XD

I still haven't decided if Carbink Break/Regirock/Medicham is better than just Garchomp/Regirock, but it's certainly not bad. When you start with Carbink it can be quite awesome, but it's kind like Fairy where you get really depended on having that Xerneas start. If you are running Carbink then generally you are very depended on the Carbink start. 

Well, a good Fairy deck isn't dependent on Xerneas start, but I get what you mean. Yea, thought about it that way for a while though, it's what is making me hesitant about building it.

My most consistent decks are:

A standard Garchomp/Lucario Ex/Champ/Landorus deck.  This deck is my go to deck for when I want to put up a bunch of versus points.  I may try throwing in a zygarde ex or two and see how it works.

A Hydriegon/Malamar Ex/ Darkrai Ex/ Yveltal deck.  I also just added Umbreon Ex to this deck and it seems to be working out.  Umbreon Ex can save a game if you get a bad draw.  

The third deck I have been having fun making is a Ampheros Ex/Kingdra Ex/ Magnezone/Manaphy Ex Deck.  This deck uses scoops and energy pouches to keep energy and then dump it onto your next attacking pokemon. You can also run a Goldduck Break with this deck if you wanted.

Garchomp alone is nasty, adding Lucario is overkill xD But it's fun to play.

In my three years of playing PTCGO (in fact, tomorrow's my third anniversary), I've played all kinds of different decks as I steadily built my collection. But I think my personal favorite deck I've ever played has to be Weavile/Eggs.

Around the time when Flashfire was new, I was playing Unlimited, and I faced someone playing this deck. I just barely beat them, but I couldn't help but marvel at the sheer power of Junk Arm in that deck; I had to try it myself. After getting some Junk Arms together, I built the deck, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, from back then all the way to this day in the Legacy format.

One of my favorite moments with it happened recently in a Legacy Tournament. I was facing a Plasma deck, and I was one Pokémon short of KO'ing my opponent's Deoxys-EX; however, I noticed that it would have 10 HP after my attack (it had a damage counter from Rainbow Energy), and I used that to my advantage next turn by KO'ing it with Hail, of all attacks! What a way to win a game. XD

Such an old deck that was just so much fun.... Weavile/Eggs brings back memories...

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think NM is the hero of the TCG. Yes, it's blatantly overpowered. Yes, people are going to scream at you constantly. Yes, it's good to be creative and defy the trend. But this deck is the perfect example of how well-used common cards can beat even the rarest deck. If it wasn't for NM, the TCG would end up looking like Yu-Gi-Oh, which is essentially a money-throwing contest. So, when a 30HP Pokemon pounds your favourite EX into the floor, stop and thing what the format would be like for amateurs who are looking to compete without spending a small fortune. Don't hate NM, thank it for proving anyone can compete at the highest level without having to spend obscene amounts of money.

Oh, and as for my preference, I would pick the Fates Collide Aerodactyl. It is unproven, but with a lot of potential.

(1 DoCoul for 120 with no outside help!? And a free Enhanced Hammer? On a non-EX Unevolved? Yes, please!!)

As for favorite decks, now that FC has been out for a while, I'd have to say Regirock/Medicham, Delphox Break, and Genesect-EX/Bronzong Break. 

Those aren't necessarily the best decks, but they are all very good and the ones that are the most fun to play for me.

A lot of other good decks are lock type decks, like Vileplume decks, Toad, Trevenant, Jolteon/Glaceon, etc, but I don't find those types of decks to be "fun", more like work. 

I guess for me "fun" is doing big damage, not grinding out torturous slow painstaking wins. 

New favorite deck :D

Project: Aegisect (Aegislash/Genesect EX)

It's still in beta so I wont release a deck list yet. All I'll say is Genesect + Mew + Aegislash = Damage. A lot of it.

genesec ex, aegislash/bronzone break deck

Its fun to play and takes some skill on deciding which tool to use to maximize genesec's ability. However, its really weak against greninja and some fire deck.

regi rock, carbink break, zygarde ex

this deck is really powerful and brutal, can do tons of damage and lock down ex's, not to mention the tankyness of zygarde ex with fighting belt.

however, parallel city can counters this deck hard or lucario fight alone? that lucario fight alone deck is really cool too, little lucario is like a hero haha.

My favourite is definitely Archie Blastoise-Keldeo Beach deck. Took me a while to get everything i wanted for this deck, but the win rate and damage output u hit every turn is amazing and satisfying haha

My favorite deck?  Does anybody remember those outrage reshiram and zekrom that were all the rage in 2011?  My favorite deck is outrage reshiram, outrage zekrom, outrage kyurem-EX, and the yanmega from Phantom Forces.

Pokémon: 15

1 shaymin-EX

3 yanma

3 yanmega

3 reshiram

3 zekrom

2 kyurem-EX

Trainers: 32

2 energy retrieval

3 prof.'s letter

2 potion

4 ultra ball