Favorite decks? Let's have a friendly conversation about them!

Plasmetic

Let's all start a new friendly idea for the forums, to pass time for updates and all.

What's your favorite deck to play? Feel free to explain it, or even put the deck list. Only real rule is don't judge someone or be rude towards their play style. Only positive criticism!

I currently love playing TinaToad (Giratina EX and Seismitoad EX)

It's very fast, aggressive and disruptive, which matches my play style perfectly.

Anyone care to join in? :)

• Upvote 1

my all time fave deck is 2014 championships empoleon/dusknoir/miltank

but in standard atm im playing yveltal zoro gallade/ mega manectric slowking

edit: i have toad tina and it is great!

Edited by pikach0w

Mine is the Blaziken Ex Summer 2015 deck. It's been one of my most powerful deck, making the first part of the Legacy challenge rather easy. The only problem so far is that the deck is melting crazily fast. It's not uncommon for me to end with less than 10 cards in the deck.

for the people who are intrested this is the decklist i use:

*********** ex

3 m gardevoir ex

1 lugia ex(ao)

1 shaymin ex

1 flogres ex

3 xerneas(xy base)

3 aromatisse(xy base)

3 spritzee

trainers:

4 vs seeker

4 max potion

4 ultra ball

4 fairy garden

3 trainers' mail

3 professor birch's observations

2 gardevoir spirit link

2 professor sycamore

1 super rod

1 pokemon fan club

1 lysandre

1 teammates

1 hex maniax

energy:

11 basic fairy energy

I have to go with M Gardevoir. It isn't really weak to anything else in the meta, it hits for large amounts of damage, yet isn't slow and clunky. There are many ways to run it so they are not all the same. The cards themselves look great. You don't get people screaming cheater at you like NM. To me it is perfect in every way. It has been my favorite since PC released, and the reprint of Max Potion solidified it as my favorite XY era deck.  

• Upvote 1

Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade (Standard) is my favorite so far. Not only energy acceleration is my jam but this archetype is ridiculously flexible.

Other decks worth mentioning:

- M Manectric EX/Ho-Oh EX is way more fun than I would ever expect when I first saw the Ho-Oh EX card. Might not be a top-tier deck but Ho-Oh + FFB + regenerating 50HP each turn is hard to take *****

********** can set up so fast and easy it's ridiculous. Not sure if that would be controversial but I only play two Sycamore in my list since most of the time I'm just playing Korrina nonstop + drawing cards with Octillery anyway.

- Giratina/Fairies was once my favorite deck for tournaments and I still like it a lot; when Breakpoint arrived I was impressed at how the new item cards made it so much better. And speaking of Fairy engine I need to play a little more with Gardevoir EX but I suspect it's going to be one of my favorites too.

- Mew EX/Manectric EX is very fun, but I think my list need some serious adjustments.

- My Legacy collection is still small but Reshiram/Typhlosion is pretty cool. I'm considering adding a Mewtwo-EX or anothe fire-type EX as an alternative attacker, though.

Didn't expect to see so many people ****************** so much to be honest. Always seemed a bit underrated in the community.

Edit: what's with these censors... Anyway I'm referring to the deck mentioned in the previous post

Edited by miyamoris

i love my 3 Legacy Decks ( Legacy of Water, of Grass and of Darkness)

Water: my star cards are the feraligatr, Blastoise with deluge and the new Blastoise with poke ability, the politoad with poke ability.

Grass: My Star cards are leafeon with energy crush, Roserade with poke ability, shaymin with poke ability, 2 differents normal verizion, and a normal genesect.

Darkness: my star cards are Tyranitar prime, Darkrai leyend, Zoroark, absol, houndoom and ursaring with poke ability.

I usually play only Standard, being a new player and all...

I like my Trevenant deck. Not because of the play style (though Forest Curse item lock and Nervous Seed are pretty cool, and Trevenant Break's Silent Fear is awesome), but because I like the concept of Trevenant as a ghost/grass tree Pokemon. And the art style really appealed to me, so the Trevenants quickly became my favorite cards in terms of aesthetics and concept.

But play-style wise I like Garchomp and Primal Groudon-Ex. Yeah, I know my decks suck and I'm no professional, but I like how it hits fast and hard with Turbo Boost and **** Off while pumping my Primal Groudon for Gaia Volcano.

Edit: They censored the name for Garchomp's second attack? Really?!

Edited by PMTobias
  • Upvote 1

I like to play with Glalie EX, no one think it's worth it. But I can predict 99% of the time the amount of cards in hand of my opponent, I can copy it. It's always fun when they try to discard everything or buy a huge amount of cards. In both cases I just start the engine and buy a huge bunch of cards too and adapt my hand using and discarting trainers, or I trow everything away with shuffle and buy 4 or 5 cards trainers.

This is so fun... it's like driving alongside your partner and just pressing the accelerator enough to be pair by pair with him.

• Upvote 1

I like to play with Glalie EX, no one think it's worth it. But I can predict 99% of the time the amount of cards in hand of my opponent, I can copy it. It's always fun when they try to discard everything or buy a huge amount of cards. In both cases I just start the engine and buy a huge bunch of cards too and adapt my hand using and discarting trainers, or I trow everything away with shuffle and buy 4 or 5 cards trainers.

This is so fun... it's like driving alongside your partner and just pressing the accelerator enough to be pair by pair with him.

Glalie is pretty nasty when it's played right :D

I really like DarkraiEX/Hypno/Zoroark. To avoid putting myself to sleep, I run All-Night Party, Sparkling Robe, and Float Stone (for Zoroark shuffling). I also run Muscle Band so I can one-shot most EXes. So basically, while playing I have to decide which of those cards to use, depending on the situation I'm in. It's really fun.

I also have a blast with my Mega Mewtwos deck, which focuses on setting up Mega X but also has a Mega Y in case I need it.

Do you mind sharing your Glalie EX deck? Send me a PM if you d'like.cheers

Edited by Eika86

Yeah, Glalie and Mega Glalie are good. I can't say they are my favorite decks, because I have a really, really good Mega Glalie deck that I don't play that often. 

The two best ways to play Glalie IMO are Gallie/Octillery/Slurpuff, and Mega Glalie/Shrine of Memories. The second is what I play. It's basically 3X3 Mega Glalie/2X2Octillery/ 2 Regice/1 Articuno/1 Manaphy. I've actually hardly ever lost with this deck. 

Right now I'm liking my Palkia-EX/Kyurem-EX/Manaphy-EX/Huntail deck. I think it surprises a lot of people. Turn 2 Icebcalibur can be a bit daunting. It's also very versatile with the ability to hit the bench and lock out attacks from the active.

I still really like Noivern Break. I've gone back now to my Noivern/Malamar-EX build. I include Octillery now, which makes matching hand size easier as well. It's just always fun when Echolocation works :P

I like playing Machamp-EX. Very underrated IMO. Now with Max Elixir, getting a turn 2 fully powered Machamp is easy, and Steaming Mad with Focus Sash, Heavy Boot, or Fighting Fury Belt makes Machamp extremely difficult to deal with. The biggest problem though is Jolteon-EX. My Machamp build is really good, except it can't deal with Jolteon-EX, BUT when the new Carbink Break comes out I think that issue will be solved, so I may start playing it again more. I'll switch out Landorus for Carbink Break.

Another favorite is my Malamar/Malamar/Malamar-EX deck. This is a very versatile deck that can win using a number of different strategies, but unfortunately the heavy Fighting Weakness keeps me from playing it more. When not against Fighting decks this deck is quite powerful. It runs 4 Dangerous Energy, 3 Bursting Balloons, 2 Delinquent, Ace Trainer, Several Hammers, Team Flare Grunt, and of course the Mental Trash Malamar to attack the hand (great follow-up after Ace trainer or Delinquent), Trash Tentacle Malamar to get stuff back from the discard, and big KO power with Malamar-EX and Trick Coin.

And last but not least, my favorite deck is Mega Mewtwo X, BUT I haven't played it hardly at all since Breakpoint came out due to Trevenant. If XY Trevenant rotates with FC, then I'm going to be playing a lot of Mega Mewtwo X to deal with all of the new Safeguarders. Jolteon-EX, Glaceon-EX, Carbink, and Regice are going to be out of control, and Mega Mewtwo X is just the pokemon to deal with them. (Assuming there isn't a psychic type item locker around!!)

Edited by rgp151

i still stick with Giratina Transfer. It lost some steam once night march became so broken, but i love the max potion addition, shutting down stadiums and DCEs. Its so fun when new guys are asking how I'm transferring dragon energy. 

i still stick with Giratina Transfer. It lost some steam once night march became so broken, but i love the max potion addition, shutting down stadiums and DCEs. Its so fun when new guys are asking how I'm transferring dragon energy.

If you love Giratina Transfer a lot, you should try playing TinaToad :) It's even more trolly and so much fun. Oh, it also destroys night march :)

Edited by Plasmetic

greninja break and trevenant BREAK are my fav break cards deck and im thinking about alakazam/trevenant break deck and still need more advice about zygarde ex deck,i pulled it after i updates the game and bought it in shop.

Edited by Rottanakveha

Favorite by far is Mega Rayquaza EX. I can just turbo like mad through my deck and start knocking pokemon out before they have time to get a setup. I play a hyper aggressive build that can get 240 damage knockouts as early as turn 1 if I go second

Wailord EX..

Who doesn't like watching your opponent deck out while you recycle and heal your 'mons XD

The New Serperior I absolutely adore. 

My own Vespiquen/Zoroark deck..

Carbink Break. 

Glalie EX is wonderful. 

my fave deck i've built is a simisage hand fling deck.  my best deck is a mediocre garchomp and the deck i really want to build is a wailord troll deck