Is it me, or the coin flip tends to land on heads a lot more?

Pokegamer232

Long story short, the randomizer system in this game depends on a RNG. 

The RNG being a computer algorithm, and computers being incapable of producing random numbers due to their reliance on algorithms and strict programming to function, the coin flips in the game will always be different than real life. The computer is doing its job correctly, it is just not what people would expect, due to the real life aspect of randomness.

Good luck,

seminc

Long story short, the randomizer system in this game depends on a RNG. 

The RNG being a computer algorithm, and computers being incapable of producing random numbers due to their reliance on algorithms and strict programming to function, the coin flips in the game will always be different than real life. The computer is doing its job correctly, it is just not what people would expect, due to the real life aspect of randomness.

Good luck,

seminc

So you are telling me the dozens of threads and thousands of replies to them could be summed up in this little baby paragraph? Amazing :D lol. 

As usual, seminc is correct. It is "random," but real life random and computerized random are not the same thing, as a computer has to base "random" off of something. Computers do what they are programmed to do, nothing more. A perfect RNG would be considered an AI, and as cool (or terrible, wish I could reference tv shows here) as that would be, we do not possess the capabilities to make an AI.

Maybe It's because I always usually depend on tails? Lol

:o

I so, so, SO, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish this were true for me, but unfortunately, I only have 2 decks where I depend upon coinflips, Blaziken EX and Bibarel.  I rarely use Bibarel because it is an exercise in futility, even with trick coins, and Blaziken EX is kind of a beast in a speed deck, but still falls a little on the short side of probability on flips.

The RNG in this game is a bit streaky, at least from my experience, and it is something we just must deal with.  Personally, I avoid flip cards like the plague.

Archived