Multitude of Bugs - April 26, 2016

CycloneGU

All right, where to begin...let's just start with a record of my play this evening after I got back online. I won't go into the problems I had logging in (freezing at 34% several times) this afternoon as I assume a bug was being worked on at the time and that possibly led to the problem.

This evening (the 25th actually, I write this at 1:30 AM on the 26th), I logged in and went to play a few games to try to clean off my remaining bonus prizes. I won three times, and failed (seriously, the mechanics of this need to change, BTW, as versus isn't very rewarding as it is anymore outside of ladder prizes, but that will be another thread). I took off for a few minutes as the ladder would have reset by now. I then returned and took part in some tournaments for the first time in a while, as I decided I wanted to win some booster packs, realizing that there is way more of them available in tournaments, not to mention a possible 25 tokens with each prize wheel spin (win or lose, though win should double the prizes IMO).

Completed the first tournament (I won, yay! - got a Furious Fists random, and my BREAKpoints). Great. Started another tournament. Lost in the second round. Took a break. Later, I got a popup of tournament completed. Hmm, I won this tournament. You already told me this, go away...wait, is that FLASHFIRE on the rewards? And two BREAKpoints? No, that can't be right. By now, I had started a third tournament, so I decided I'll investigate this later. Meanwhile, I'm getting "4 tickets" as prizes everywhere. It's really amazing how many tickets I should have by...oh, wait, my ticket count isn't going up. Hmm.

Finished the third tournament with a 6 KO sweep of Dark Hammer with Basic Blue (I kept this log, I was proud of this one) and called it an evening as far as those go, as I wanted to get a few versus games in and try to get some of my tokens, and was happy having won 7 out of 9 possible packs. Went to look for locked stuff to open, and opened my Flashfire (that was my prize for 3-4 anyway) and Furious Fists, where I also had a trade-locked one from somewhere for 2 total (hey, I won't complain!). I found a Roaring Skies hanging out in there and also opened that (still no Shaymin). I checked BREAKpoint and found 6 total (including two I redeemed from the Ash-Greninja box, even though Ash-Greninja itself did not work - but there is already a thread for that). By now I had tokens for a pack in the shop, so tried again on Roaring Skies and hit another Whammy. I did, however, get a Pokémon that FOR SOME WEIRD REASON is censored on here (It begins with a K and ends with "khan", and apparently a certain African animal is banned because the first half of the name is in fact censored - can you relax the bloody censors please, mods?) on Flashfire earlier. Not very useful, though I needed one for collecting, so meh.)

I took a break to watch a video about a Xerneas deck. Man, that guy is entertaining.

Over to versus. Won my first game. Spun the wheel and got a guaranteed box as it was my first game since 8 PM. Yay! My prize: 4 tickets. Wait, what? Won my second game: 4 tickets. I looked at my tokens and noticed they hadn't changed much, so I figured this is another display bug related to the tournament one earlier; in fact, I found the last tournament I won constantly coming up again after both games. This happened again, with another 4-ticket prize, after the third game. Going to the messages tab just now, as I type this, I see the prizes (in some order) were 1 ticket, 2 tickets, and 50 tokens. This makes sense! I did notice the tokens add after the third game, so like with the tournament display bug from #2 (where I won a Flashfire), the tournament always popping up keeps telling me I'm winning 4 tickets with every game, and overrides whatever other prize should be popping up (which is later verifiable in the messages tab). I'm not getting 4 tickets every time, so at least the accounting is correct.

I decided I had enough of "Bugland" for a while and came to write this report, stopping to reply in another thread en route. And there you have it: the last six hours of my evening. And man, this game is horribly buggy right now.

Oh, and BTW, I did try to log a bug report through the portal. Would you believe the portal is bugged right now? Insufficient account information? What? At least I got my Ash-Greninja report in before THAT happened, but I can't access any of my account stuff on the Web right now. THAT is sad.  Also, somehow when editing this post, every paragraph merged and became one paragraph.  What a mess.  With all the bugs this evening, I am not surprised.

Edited by CycloneGU
  • Upvote 1
Plasmetic

Well, to start, there are a multitude of bugs in the game and on the forums.

The forums bugs cleared over time, I now use the forums with no problem.

As of now, the only bug I encounter is the game not returning to the home screen after a game. Everything else (tournaments and such) seemed to no longer act up.

The tournament glitch was annoyingly frustrating purely because it spammed with nonsense.

I feel you on the annoyed part.

Edited by Plasmetic
CycloneGU

Well, to start, there are a multitude of bugs in the game and on the forums.

The forums bugs cleared over time, I now use the forums with no problem.

As of now, the only bug I encounter is the game not returning to the home screen after a game. Everything else (tournaments and such) seemed to no longer act up.

The tournament glitch was annoyingly frustrating purely because it spammed with nonsense.

I feel you on the annoyed part.

So these bugs cleared up since I previously opened the app?  This is reassuring.  It's still raining outside, and I suspect thunder is around, so I'm nervous to play ATM and will check later.

Propayne

The problem I've found is that whatever rewards you win from the first tournament of a session continues to pop up every time you get rewards for the rest of the session. If you want to see what you actually have won without going to the product log you have to log out and then relog back in and it seems to reset the reward screen that occurs after a tournament has finished.

CycloneGU

The problem I've found is that whatever rewards you win from the first tournament of a session continues to pop up every time you get rewards for the rest of the session. If you want to see what you actually have won without going to the product log you have to log out and then relog back in and it seems to reset the reward screen that occurs after a tournament has finished.

Exactly, and I detailed that I did this as well (referring to 1 ticket, 2 tickets, 50 tokens).  On a new session for the last couple of hours, I had no such popups.  I did not play in any tournaments, however.

It seems the workaround for now is to close the app if changing from Tournaments to Versus.  But even playing multiple tournaments, I seem to see old tournament rewards popping up.  So you may have to quit BETWEEN TOURNAMENTS - or at least after you first see a completed notice for one.  It doesn't explain why I was deemed the winner of the second one falsely, however.