Rainbow Energy Situation in future set

Lanstar1

This is an interesting strategy I learned about...

Basically, there are 2 Pokemon I found that could have synergy with each other, both in the next set: Mew and White Kyurem. White Kyurem has this following move:

---

Burning Icicles - [W] [C]   40 Damage

If this Pokemon has any Fire Energy attached to it, this attack does 20 Damage to 2 of your opponent's benched Pokemon. (Don't apply weakness and resistance to benched pokemon.)

---

Now, with Mew and Dimension Valley, you can use Mew's ability to copy this attack, and remove the colorless attack cost from the move. Then, theoretically, by attaching just one Rainbow Energy, you can activate the move, as well as the bench attacking effect at the same time, as Rainbow Energy can count as Water for the attack cost, and is also Fire energy to activate the effect.

My question is if the player would be allowed to do this - Does Rainbow energy mean it is only one type at the single given time it is used for a given attack and ability effect? Or is it always every energy at a given moment, and that it is just limited to the equivalent of a 1 [C] energy cost?

I think it would work, since it does provide 'every type' of energy at the same time. I think the only 1 at a time is moreso for things such as the promo Arceus' judgement attack, which does damage based on the number of different types of energy attached. I could be horribly wrong though, I'm definitely no expert lol

i would work. well it should. i can't say i barely use rainbow. i know with prism energy it should. but thats a expanded card. it does the same as rainbow minus the damage

I guess that's what I'm thinking myself. I'll do a practice match with the AI to test this out, once the set is released...

Archived