PTCGO Worst its ever been. STOP THE DRAMA

Littledarkfury

Hi, so from speculating whats been going on with ptcgo the past couple of days with the free pack exploit and the tourney ticket exploit i think ptcgo should have a huge 24 hour maintenance before Fates Collide. Clearly 7 hour maintenance are causing huge bugs to pop up with people abusing them. What really has caused this is a World War 3 to happen here with people arguing over banning, the exploit outcome and irl money issues.( yes i was one who tried to defend exploiters but still ), Trades have also been down for 2 days which is another thing that ptcgo misses. Also with the legacy 6 ticket tourney that happened on the weekend was also unavailable because tourneys were down. Ptcgo was a mess this weekend. With people arguing, the game being half playable. 2 huge bugs being exploited i think its the game needs a 24 hour maintenance to be nice and polished before fates collide. breakpoint already had a disastrous launch day. If whats happening keeps up than Fates Collide will have a worse launch day. ( Not trying to doubt the devs and stuff but the chance is there) Just giving my 2 cents on all of this and if things keep up ptcgo could have a big downfall.... Hopefully mods see this and consider it. I know people will be angry at a 24 hour maintenance but with whats been going on it may be necessary. there are also still a multitude of glitches happening in game to which need to be fixed. PTCGO is supposed to be a game about fun and friends but rn its just people trying to get others banned, Roasting others and trying to expose also people making senseless posts trying to get attention hating on others its breaking the community! its seriously the C word disease.

~ LDF :)

I think a longer-period maintenance would be good if the developers actually knew what they were looking for. I get the feeling they don't really personally either understand the game, or have the necessary expertise/ manpower to really know how to fix a lot of the issues.

I feel like the problem that they have often is not time per se, but sometimes it can take weeks, months or longer to figure out how to fix even some relatively minor problems. No matter how much maintenance they do, there isn't any point if they don't actually know how to fix the issues. 

It seems that most (not all) but most of the issues I reported in the last few months (end of last year and start of this) haven't been fixed and may well not be for the foreseeable future. Based on my previous experience of long maintenance, the length normally doesn't seem to balance with the results. 

I may be wrong and they might one day prove us wrong with a really successful long update to fix most of the problems, however I just don't think it's that likely. 

I've been fairly loyal to PTCGO these past 5 or so years, but really I feel like it's coming to the point now where it will either significantly improve and reach its full potential, or just be forgotten as some kind of failed project. Their response to these big issues in the next few months will certainly decide that. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the statement, yes PTCGO does seem to be the worst its ever been, in my opinion anyway (as someone who actually didn't mind the original web browser version). 

A 24h Maintenance would be nothing, even a 48h one. If they can fix all of the bugs, test every glitch and make the server stable, they can even take a week for what I care. I haven't played a single game since the packs glitch has started, nor I will until the mods give us a proper answer to what happened in this weekend. The game is unplayable like this, and I agree that a major maintenance is necessary. What I fear is that, even after that, most of the bugs will still persist, we all saw what happened with the codes after 4 days of redeem disabled.

You see, they technically wouldn't even need a 1 hour maintenance.

Here's how:

Back up current files to a Administrative server. Only whitelisted members can join, and use all features (even with all the exploits).

They then work tirelessly on fixing them, having the active client to test with every update.

This would remove the need for a 24-48h maintenance and would allow them to consistently test they're fixes before going live.

I'm going to assume, seeing they are a professional gaming company, that they have a similar system to this. However, they clearly aren't using it as effectively as they could be.

Here's how:

Back up current files to a Administrative server. Only whitelisted members can join, and use all features (even with all the exploits).

They then work tirelessly on fixing them, having the active client to test with every update.

This would remove the need for a 24-48h maintenance and would allow them to consistently test they're fixes before going live.

I'm going to assume, seeing they are a professional gaming company, that they have a similar system to this. However, they clearly aren't using it as effectively as they could be.

yes yes yes

Good input guys matthew's was good imo hopefully we can BAND together as a community and put an end to this silly drama and save ptcgo! :) <3 

Good input guys matthew's was good imo hopefully we can BAND together as a community and put an end to this silly drama and save ptcgo! :) <3 

Not even trying to brag, but if people read any of my posts I've made regarding the subject and had even the slightest amount of intelligence, they would seriously understand all aspects of the problem and if they listened to people like you as well there would be no drama, just people chatting on possible solutions.

I'm hoping an administrator magically views one of my posts and either corrects me or says "hey, he's right. that's what we're doing. Now silence"

xD

Here's how:

From what you wrote, something tells me you might have some software development experience. In an ideal development environment, you have a separate server environment which is used to test code updates. Once code changes pass QA, then they get deployed to the production server environment. The hard part with your idea here is making sure the server address that the program uses points to the correct server you are trying to test against. In the end, you are still going to need some downtime in order to deploy code changes which have passed testing to the production server environment. Keep to testing in that separate environment and you won't affect anything in the production environment. What we might need here is some extra people for QA work. (I hope these problems didn't start by someone deploying code updates to the production server environment without testing them in the dev environment first.)

From what you wrote, something tells me you might have some software development experience. In an ideal development environment, you have a separate server environment which is used to test code updates. Once code changes pass QA, then they get deployed to the production server environment. The hard part with your idea here is making sure the server address that the program uses points to the correct server you are trying to test against. In the end, you are still going to need some downtime in order to deploy code changes which have passed testing to the production server environment. Keep to testing in that separate environment and you won't affect anything in the production environment. What we might need here is some extra people for QA work. (I hope these problems didn't start by someone deploying code updates to the production server environment without testing them in the dev environment first.)

By no means am I saying my thinking would negate the need for any down time. You will need some downtime in order to push patches through.

You raise a very valid point. I pondered in that before I posted, but I was too tired to incorporate it completely xD

My main thing was saying "test in a controlled server then launch it to the live server". That's pretty much the dumb down of my post.

Not even trying to brag, but if people read any of my posts I've made regarding the subject and had even the slightest amount of intelligence, they would seriously understand all aspects of the problem and if they listened to people like you as well there would be no drama, just people chatting on possible solutions.

I'm hoping an administrator magically views one of my posts and either corrects me or says "hey, he's right. that's what we're doing. Now silence"

xD

Thats true, but the community is just so outraged i saw so much arguing and people trying to expose it was really bad :(. Just i haven't seen any mods stop this or update us on anything :( hopefully they will soon so ptcgo can go back to normal and the community gets healed :P

The communication (or lack thereof) from the development team regarding bugs/glitches is the key factor that's making so many users salty.

The 'News and Announcements' board is rarely used - and it'd only take a few minutes to notify the community of issues and/or plans to remedy recent failures.

Either they're incapable of providing solutions - or they just simply don't care - and the lack of developer feedback is only exacerbating tempers in the user base.

The communication (or lack thereof) from the development team regarding bugs/glitches is the key factor that's making so many users salty.

The 'News and Announcements' board is rarely used - and it'd only take a few minutes to notify the community of issues and/or plans to remedy recent failures.

Either they're incapable of providing solutions - or they just simply don't care - and the lack of developer feedback is only exacerbating tempers in the user base.

im sure the devs are working hard on these bugs but the fact they havent said much about these 2 glitches is a pretty big reason as to why theres so much drama since they havent said anything on punishments for the 2 exploits. but i just want trades back :( 

Archived