The Pokémon TCG has made me truly happy, despite everything

Treadlight

I picked up this TCG just a couple of weeks ago. Due to the situation I'm in, I can't reliably play against other people IRL, so the Online client was what made me try my hand at it.

I suffer from a multitude of treatment-resistant mental illnesses that often contradict each other in rather incapacitating ways: Depress ion, OCD, ADHD, etc. (all properly diagnosed btw). My life has consisted of drudging through the emotional smokescreen with what little willpower I can muster.

Despite everything, the Pokémon TCG has somehow managed to make me truly happy again, even if only a little bit. For the first time in over a decade, I'm happy. Just yesterday, I went to a prerelease event for Fates Collide, and managed to be able to directly interact with other humans (outside my family) for the first time in over 3 years. The experience was so surreal to me, it might have actually been the best day of my life. (no exaggeration)

I know so much is going awry with the PTCGO client right now, but I wanted to share my gratitude here among the chaos.

Thank you, dev-team. Thank you for bringing me something that has affected me in this way.

:lol:

Wha, '**********' is censored? That's...odd. I guess I'll have to mutilate the spelling or something to get it to display...

I wonder... '********'

Oh geez, wow. That brings back memories...

It's good to see some positivity after everything that's been going on. I just came back to this game a few weeks ago myself, and I have been enjoying it too, especially now that I've gotten into PvP (which has been drastically improved since I played years ago, especially with the VS ladder, the four different types of matches, and the fact theme deck matches are a thing for people with few cards).

Let's hope that all these problems can be sorted out so that the game can be enjoyed to its full extent once again. In the meantime, there's still VS mode, AI battles, and more to have fun with.

Thanks for the positivity, I feel that it is much needed right now!

OMG I love u! The first person in a while not complaining! You know, if more people(me included) were positive like this, things would be much better. That being said I am very happy that you could find something that makes you happy and I hope that this game will continue to make you happy! :)

This game is the source of happiness for many of us despite all the chaos happening around us. For that I am truly grateful :)

I, like everyone here, am happy to see someone showing some awesome positive energy for the game we all love :) Really hope you enjoy the rest of the ride :D despite all the bumps in the way I am glad to see you are happy :)

i have seen many people in my life actually originally start from here to play the actual irl tcg, pokemon on here despite its flaws, is meant to be fun and exciting and an extension of the actual tcg which is also fun and exciting.

even in the chaos sometimes its nice to just sit back and enjoy the fact the game that is here exists, and it connects alot of people who like pokemon together. 

I enjoy the game a lot too, and while I'm a little disappointed that I can't trade for now, I'm still happily playing Versus and stuff. I don't really know what happened with the whole exploitation and bugs thing, and I'm not going to get involved in the debates, but I would much rather spend my time and energy playing the game and having fun than argue with everyone or whining about it.

I started this because I wanted to play a modern, updated version of the old Gameboy Pokemon Trading Card Game, and this is way more fun!

A non-hate thread about PTCGO? I give you props.

I enjoy the online as much as I enjoy the card game. It's fun. Battling others to test your skill and creativity is one of the best things ever. Yea the game has it's bugs, but so does every game. :)

Took me 15 minutes to make this post. I was distracted by kettle corn...

Archived