It's too late for a rollback.

BucklesFreeman

Its been 24 hours now. People have been playing and progressing in all that time. Not just the cheaters but legitimate players have been playing. So at this point doing a rollback would be screwing over too many people who didn't exploit and they know this. If they were going to do a roll back they would have done it within an hour of the problem being discovered. It's clear at this point their just fixing the problem their not gonna take action against the people who took advantage of the glitch.

There wont be a rollback they are removing every pack and card people got from this exploit yesterday i can confirm this 

There wont be a rollback they are removing every pack and card people got from this exploit yesterday i can confirm this 

This is easy enough to implement, you just do a parameter search for every person who redeemed multiple packs, then do another parameter to net all the people that did not use unique codes for said packs, and voila!  You then bring the Mjolnir down with ban force and reverse ALL trades done by those clowns after the exploitation.  Solved, no roll back needed.

This is easy enough to implement, you just do a parameter search for every person who redeemed multiple packs, then do another parameter to net all the people that did not use unique codes for said packs, and voila!  You then bring the Mjolnir down with ban force and reverse ALL trades done by those clowns after the exploitation.  Solved, no roll back needed.

again as it was said thousands of time. no one wants a ban. the ones who do are the ones are the ones who are jealous. letting jealous take over is a bad thing.

again as it was said thousands of time. no one wants a ban. the ones who do are the ones are the ones who are jealous. letting jealous take over is a bad thing.

Also, adding on to what you said, according to the trades section before it was taken down, at least 20% of the community exploited or at least tried the glitch. I myself (admittedly) may have tried it a few times, but not to aboose it.

Jealousy would be the exploiters' fear of losing their ill-gotten packs, which is already happening.  You're thinking of envy.

They have locked codes and trades... This will allow them to easily reference the logs for these systems and make any changes needed. Rollbacks could easily still be happening and considering how long theyve been locked, seems like what they are likely working on. 

And Just because you keep saying people dont want bans X, doesnt mean we dont... I think they need to ban the exploiters. Cant set the expectation that actions like this wont be punished. 

Jealousy would be the exploiters' fear of losing their ill-gotten packs, which is already happening.  You're thinking of envy.

I don't envy those who have to reverse the whole thing. I wish them good luck and patience

I need to throw this out there, the economy is gonna be ******* rekt if they ban all the rich accounts and most of the rare cards leave the game. The only thing TPCi could do in that situation to balance things out is to make all sets available in shop TRADABLE for 6 months, which they won't do for a lot of reasons.

I like how word "rich" appears in every second post  of "pls don't ban cheaters". Clearly indicates which part of player's base took major part in abusing that bug.

So i propose to ban only poor abusers. And give rich people some sort of reward - maybe 10 packs of each kind. They rich after all.

I like how word "rich" appears in every second post  of "pls don't ban cheaters". Clearly indicates which part of player's base took major part in abusing that bug.

So i propose to ban only poor abusers. And give rich people some sort of reward - maybe 10 packs of each kind. They rich after all.

lol this...

so funny to see how afraid they are to lose their accounts. Basically the only argument they have is that it would kill the economy. It wouldn't, with legacy tournaments there will be enough of the rare cards to trade soon...

If you don't want to lose your account stay away from glitches and stuff, because your screwing other players which aren't rich and have to pay big for every single trade.

They are always giving the same arguments :

1) The economy will get rekt because a lot of "rich" people will be banned.

=> That's obviously not true for a lot of reasons... Like, PTCGO can just give the packs they want to open in plenty of ways (ladder, tournament prizes, bundle, etc), and then the cards get oppened and the price drop.

2) 75% of the players did it.

=> Yeah maybe 75% of the guys you know did it, but certainly not 75% of the whole player base... Only a very very tiny percentage of the player base involved themselves in such shady things.

3) It's not their fault, it's the devs' fault.

=> Who are you kidding ? When you copy past 100+ times the same code, there no way that you can't be aware that it's not a normal thing, and therefore that you are exploiting a bug... Which is against the ToS.

All in all, it's funny to see them trying to justify because they now realize they ****** **** up, and are affraid of the ban.

As for myself, I don't really care anymore, the lack of communication from PTCG (even for a weekend) is ridiculous, and make me think that they are lacking seriousness in what they are doing... And therefore, I would not be surprised if no ban happened, they might very well treat this whole mess like it has been done recently : "we don't care what you think or expect, we're doing what we want when we want (surprise downtime ? no need to tell them)".

So yeah, they might very well ended up saying "****, that suck, let's take some stuff back and Joe will tell them later that it's all good, sorry, please take a chest for your inconveniences".

They are always giving the same arguments :

1) The economy will get rekt because a lot of "rich" people will be banned.

=> That's obviously not true for a lot of reasons... Like, PTCGO can just give the packs they want to open in plenty of ways (ladder, tournament prizes, bundle, etc), and then the cards get oppened and the price drop.

2) 75% of the players did it.

=> Yeah maybe 75% of the guys you know did it, but certainly not 75% of the whole player base... Only a very very tiny percentage of the player base involved themselves in such shady things.

3) It's not their fault, it's the devs' fault.

=> Who are you kidding ? When you copy past 100+ times the same code, there no way that you can't be aware that it's not a normal thing, and therefore that you are exploiting a bug... Which is against the ToS.

All in all, it's funny to see them trying to justify because they now realize they ****** **** up, and are affraid of the ban.

As for myself, I don't really care anymore, the lack of communication from PTCG (even for a weekend) is ridiculous, and make me think that they are lacking seriousness in what they are doing... And therefore, I would not be surprised if no ban happened, they might very well treat this whole mess like it has been done recently : "we don't care what you think or expect, we're doing what we want when we want (surprise downtime ? no need to tell them)".

So yeah, they might very well ended up saying "****, that suck, let's take some stuff back and Joe will tell them later that it's all good, sorry, please take a chest for your inconveniences".

Actually there isnt anything about exploiting a bug in the ToS, players have exploited bugs in every patch since the game was created, and you keep whining about no one communicating about this, but Mike already posted that they were going to PAX, and thus being offline for the weekend, the only people who would have any say in whats going to happen are busy and thus can't update the forums to let anyone know whats going on.  Basically if they remove all the glitched packs, reverse the trades using said packs, and fix the redeem code glitch thats all thats needed.

You're kidding right?

For your information, it is now possible with your telephone to post a message on a forum no matter where you are, thanks to the Internet.

It's incredible how technology is advanced those days isn't it?

Edit : I'm not expecting the issue to be solved before Monday at best, but communication is something that any serious business is not lacking... Even some family owned business answer their customers queries in the evening and weekends, so we can expect bigger companies to do it at least on the same level.

117Random117, on 25 Apr 2016 - 01:19 AM, said: You're kidding right? For your information, it is now possible with your telephone to post a message on a forum no matter where you are, thanks to the Internet. It's incredible how technology is advanced those days isn't it?
:o impossible, you are trolling me. There is no way you can send a message on the internet forums from your telephone

You're kidding right?

For your information, it is now possible with your telephone to post a message on a forum no matter where you are, thanks to the Internet.

It's incredible how technology is advanced those days isn't it?

Edit : I'm not expecting the issue to be solved before Monday at best, but communication is something that any serious business is not lacking... Even some family owned business answer their customers queries in the evening and weekends, so we can expect bigger companies to do it at least on the same level.

Im not sure if you've ever been to a conference but the amount of work and set up required is a lot, not to mention for them to update us on this and give an answer that wouldn't just make players like you more angry, would require a lot of knowledge on the situation, and thinking of what action will be taken, now if your already busy with other stuff you can't dedicate the time to that, and by the time their work is done, its not fair to expect them to be on 24/7 to remain up to date on the game/forums, they are workers and deserve time off

Archived