Too Many Quitters - SUGGESTED SOLUTION

vickyloses

I'm getting a bit tired of people who realise they will probably lose after i power up a pokemon and so they quit making challenges extremely difficult.

SUGGESTION

I think it would be cool if when someone quits you got an option to continue and have the computer player take over from that point on. If the computer can handle trainer challenges surely it could at least take control to allow me to complete my challenges.

Any chance of this being implemented as the quitters have me too stressed half the time to continue playing.

What a awful idea. Best moment of any day is when I concede before attack animation started and OP player gets his "victory".

Jokes aside, nobody will bother to implement such system.

Clash Royale solution: similar to what you said, but just let the game go on without your opponent. When you pass your turn, the turn simply goes back to you. But I guess that would make challenges too easy.

League of Legends solution: Queues. You quit? You'll have to wait before starting another game. And that means less ladder-grinding.

here is my solution but the developers did not like it:

make us go against the players of our same skill level or level. meaning like if we have a 75% chance of winning games we get put against those type of players. or so something like that. but as normal our ideas just get ignored it seems. someone made a very good idea and everyone was up for it. but it never happened nor heard anything else about it. we even kept tabs on it nothing.

here is my solution but the developers did not like it:

make us go against the players of our same skill level or level. meaning like if we have a 75% chance of winning games we get put against those type of players. or so something like that. but as normal our ideas just get ignored it seems. someone made a very good idea and everyone was up for it. but it never happened nor heard anything else about it. we even kept tabs on it nothing.

There is little, if any correlation between win rate and dash rate. It comes down to the person's personality. Someone could be really good, but they get a bad hand and their oppent sets up well. Depending on the person they'd either just not even try or try to make a comeback.

There is little, if any correlation between win rate and dash rate. It comes down to the person's personality. Someone could be really good, but they get a bad hand and their oppent sets up well. Depending on the person they'd either just not even try or try to make a comeback.

yeah thats understandable but you wouldn't also feel bad cause a new player goes against you and knowing they have no way of chance of beating you. atleast make the new players go against new players and vets go against vets. as for tournments well its free game. but versus atleast put em against somewhat of there own skill level.

Punishing player in addition to lost match and wasted time will be a good addition to already disasterous state of game. Horse broke the leg, lets shoot it then.

I think it would be cool if when someone quits you got an option to continue and have the computer player take over from that point on. If the computer can handle trainer challenges surely it could at least take control to allow me to complete my challenges.

Any chance of this being implemented as the quitters have me too stressed half the time to continue playing.

The devs have already said they intend to implement such a feature, but that was 6 months ago.

This already exists with the hidden matchmaking rating each player has.

I'm getting a bit tired of people who realise they will probably lose after i power up a pokemon and so they quit making challenges extremely difficult.

SUGGESTION

I think it would be cool if when someone quits you got an option to continue and have the computer player take over from that point on. If the computer can handle trainer challenges surely it could at least take control to allow me to complete my challenges.Any chance of this being implemented as the quitters have me too stressed half the time to continue playing.

It can actually speed up your challenge if you have to win games . It is only annoying if you need to Ko a certain number of Pokemon or do damage. I would rather have a quitter than someone extremely slow

I think the idea of more than 3 quits in an hour and they shouldn't be aloud in the lobbies for another hour. Although I would still like to complete my strategy and get the ko or damage needed for a challenge. 

im happy if someone leaves the match quickly..if the person has no real winning condition why should he/she waste both our time on this match? even in real life matches people forfeit when they see no option to win this game anymore.

I'm not saying that but if they're taking the loss anyway at least give me the option to complete the battle with a computer player.

I mean I've seen it where I've pulled a gyarados out and people have quit or you defeat their ex pokemon and they run away it's highly annoying.

There are many possible solutions to this problem.  The AI taking control would be ideal but may take time to implement.  I would prefer to have "You don't get a prize wheel if you quit on your opponent's turn".  Obviously this would have worked better the the losing prize wheel had better prizes, but it might just be something that would make a difference albeit small.

Slow players are the bane of my existence.  I've taken statistics and I typically play about 90s to 120s less than my opponents.  That said I wouldn't mind locking players out from quitting on my turn.  This would of course need to come with a modification whereby player cannot stall for more than 45s and cannot stall twice.  I've had knock out challenges regularly take 20 matches, which is nuts when you need 16 KOs.  My maximum was probably around 26-30 matches.

In short, the quitting issue needs to be solved soon.

Because Gyarados is OP.

You can made light deck specially for grinding kills/damage. People rarely concede if they see at least some chance of comeback.

Aren't you guys looking at it too much from the point of view of a winner? Sure, it might feel good showing off the wonderful trainer and Pokemon cards in your hand and deal a massive 500 damage in one hit, but it's frustrating being on the receiving end. If I know I'm going to lose, and sometimes I've already mistakenly put down a benched Pokemon so the game doesn't end when my active Pokemon gets knocked out but there's absolutely nothing I can do (for example a benched Gible with no energy facing down a Greninja Break), why should I waste time letting you crush me? It's depressing enough to lose, but sometimes it's even more depressing to lose in a one-sided fashion where you're utterly helpless and totally unable to even deal 10 damage back.

Plus there's an issue of grinding, and when I'm losing 5 matches in a row, I would rather move on quickly instead of waiting a minute or so per game for my opponent to empty his hand of trainer cards and Pokemon-Ex/Breaks before crushing me in spectacular fashion. Fun for my opponent, not so much for me.

That said, if you were polite and friendly enough to tell your opponent that, "hey, I'm completing my challenge, do you mind? I don't need you to deliberately lose to me, just give it your best go and if you win, congrats. But I just need you to hang on as long as possible so that I can get these challenges done", I'm sure he or she will be happy to help. I know I am, I've often responded to people telling me that they have challenges and offered to help as much as I can. In these games, I don't concede immediately when I lose, and just do my best to hang on. Similarly, when I tell people I have a challenge, most of them are more than happy to help me too.

So that's the solution. Not some game-implemented feature, or punishment. Just simple human contact. There's a chat feature in game for a reason. Use it, discuss with your opponent, maybe have a brief, friendly talk on how best to complete challenges, and help each other. You're not asking him or her to deliberately lose the game, but at least it's less frustrating than being utterly destroyed by a silent player who spams Night March, Greninja Break, etc. Underworld (because the four-letter version is censored), even if the opponent uses Greninja Break but is friendly enough to tell me, "I need to do a bit more damage if you don't mind." then I'll stick around and let him Giant Water Shuriken/Shadow Stitch my poor Garchomp/Trevenant.

Aren't you guys looking at it too much from the point of view of a winner? Sure, it might feel good showing off the wonderful trainer and Pokemon cards in your hand and deal a massive 500 damage in one hit, but it's frustrating being on the receiving end. If I know I'm going to lose, and sometimes I've already mistakenly put down a benched Pokemon so the game doesn't end when my active Pokemon gets knocked out but there's absolutely nothing I can do (for example a benched Gible with no energy facing down a Greninja Break), why should I waste time letting you crush me? It's depressing enough to lose, but sometimes it's even more depressing to lose in a one-sided fashion where you're utterly helpless and totally unable to even deal 10 damage back.

Plus there's an issue of grinding, and when I'm losing 5 matches in a row, I would rather move on quickly instead of waiting a minute or so per game for my opponent to empty his hand of trainer cards and Pokemon-Ex/Breaks before crushing me in spectacular fashion. Fun for my opponent, not so much for me.

That said, if you were polite and friendly enough to tell your opponent that, "hey, I'm completing my challenge, do you mind? I don't need you to deliberately lose to me, just give it your best go and if you win, congrats. But I just need you to hang on as long as possible so that I can get these challenges done", I'm sure he or she will be happy to help. I know I am, I've often responded to people telling me that they have challenges and offered to help as much as I can. In these games, I don't concede immediately when I lose, and just do my best to hang on. Similarly, when I tell people I have a challenge, most of them are more than happy to help me too.

So that's the solution. Not some game-implemented feature, or punishment. Just simple human contact. There's a chat feature in game for a reason. Use it, discuss with your opponent, maybe have a brief, friendly talk on how best to complete challenges, and help each other. You're not asking him or her to deliberately lose the game, but at least it's less frustrating than being utterly destroyed by a silent player who spams Night March, Greninja Break, etc. ****, even if the opponent uses Greninja Break but is friendly enough to tell me, "I need to do a bit more damage if you don't mind." then I'll stick around and let him Giant Water Shuriken/Shadow Stitch my poor Garchomp/Trevenant.

You sir, are a genius.

Clash Royale solution: similar to what you said, but just let the game go on without your opponent. When you pass your turn, the turn simply goes back to you. But I guess that would make challenges too easy.

League of Legends solution: Queues. You quit? You'll have to wait before starting another game. And that means less ladder-grinding.

I'd honestly only play tournament mode or vs friends then, people already stall the game, a timer just means even more waiting and less playing.

Guest Olexa

Im playing this game for several month(3) and have no problem with challanges. i didnt know what are you talking about and i cant agree with you,there is one problem - bugs,glitches etc!

As long as the VS Ladder remains a horrendous chore for the average player, early game conceding will always be a thing. I don't like OP's idea as I have no interest in playing against a computer, that sounds awful, but now I would have to concede if I didn't want to finish my match vs AI??? No thanks. I never understand why so many people are so desperate for daily challenges to be easier. Even the hardest ones take no more than half an hour. As for people asking for there to be consequences for conceding.. that's just not how it works. Even in real life tournaments players often concede by turn 2. And you can't punish people for this, considering how often new players with hodge-podge decks get matched against ultra-tryhard "I've never tried to make a fun deck in my life, I copy all my lists from the internet" players. If you want people to stop conceding so often either cut the vs ladder in half or reward players with at least 5 vs points just for playing a game most of the way to completion. As it stands right now nobody has reason to play a losing game and it isn't their fault, the game is stacked that way. Why waste 20 minutes just to get 3 coins? 1.5% of a single pack? 

So that's the solution. Not some game-implemented feature, or punishment. Just simple human contact. There's a chat feature in game for a reason. Use it, discuss with your opponent, maybe have a brief, friendly talk on how best to complete challenges, and help each other. You're not asking him or her to deliberately lose the game, but at least it's less frustrating than being utterly destroyed by a silent player who spams Night March, Greninja Break, etc. Underworld (because the four-letter version is censored), even if the opponent uses Greninja Break but is friendly enough to tell me, "I need to do a bit more damage if you don't mind." then I'll stick around and let him Giant Water Shuriken/Shadow Stitch my poor Garchomp/Trevenant.

This. I've helped lots of people with daily challenges (especially in theme mode, but I remember people asking for help with challenges in Standard as well) and I can confirm it was always a win-win situation.

(P.s. ouch the Gible example. That's exactly what I did a few days ago  :wacko: )

Silly idea. Players who are winning should finish their last attack ASAP instead of needless show boating for starters. I always attack without attaching energy or playing any trainers when I know the opponent has no chanceofwinning

Archived