how to deal with the bug that gave unlimited packs! all ideas and input is welcome

ROB888

in my opinion the best way to deal with it, is just to make  the bugged codes  "TRADELOCK",

so they are not affecting the trade market.

its a shame 3 expansions are basicly destroyed but a rollback sounds impossible.

im been playin the game for the last 3 years on a daily basis and to me this might be the best way,

also discussing it with many friends who play the game and we all agree to it.

Im interested on how everyone else feels about it and what your ideas are on how to fix it.

im been playin for the over 3 years on almost a daily basis and love the game

tho i follow the forum im not really sure how/where to put this post so i hope it will find all your attention (mods/devs/players like me)

thanks to all for reading and commenting

hope to see you all back ingame soon

ROB888 

I like the idea but I traded a Giratina EX for 13 packs and a Luxray Break for 50 flashfire packs. I think if the packs I got were tradelocked I would be a bit annoyed that I wouldn't be able to get my tradeable Ex and Break cards back. They either need to reverse the whole thing or just give something back to the community for all the recent problems.

are those redeemed booster filled with cards that were actually opened or did they just work as currency to trade for other cards? if they dont consist of a new set of cards by every opening i will agree with rob888. but if they got some cards out of it my opinion is to ban these guys because it is about havin those cards including ex, sr etc. or not having those cards. e.g. if i need an ex out of this set i need to spend my resources to get it and it would be unfair for every user if they could keep those cards even if they are locked for trade.

I think your solution won't work, because huge amount of people get cheated(let's say trading shaymin fa for 50flf/xy/fuf), with your solution ,they will have 50flf/xy/fuf untradeable packs so they will still be cheated.I think there is no good  solution for this bug, i think the best but still bad, would be rollback to 21 April( I know people will lose progress from ladder,tournaments etc)( i don't think they able to rollback,does they have some way saved the data). Secondly what to do with people who exploited this bug, there should be banned/suspeneded if yes there will be huge crisis in trading( price will rise because people who was part of companies also used this bug)+ there will be  huge drop in amount of players,so the time for finding player will increase. The developers messed this game(after the last update, the game got so buggy), and I think the release of Fates Colide will just addeven more bugs.

Just roll it back 24 hours. This will reduce the influx of toad FAs,yveltal FAs,lucario FAs, and packs in the market and everything will be fine.

So, since I log in and go to trades before anywhere else, I traded a SR catcher before I realized what was happening ( thought I got a great snipe) Now youre suggesting the packs I got should be trade locked..Ha..terrible idea and not a good solution.. Here's what I suggest.. Everyone quit crying and deal with it..acting like a bunch of dang fools.. If you don't like what happens, quit. Nobody on this game is irreplaceable. Whatever happens, happens. Bottom line. I'm drenched by all the tears.

They can't let the people that abused this glitch go unpunished. I know that if they do a rollback, a lot of people will be mad and lose trust in the game. They also can't ban everyone that was involved with the glitch because it would ruin the economy of the game by getting rid of copies of high value cards. I think they should reverse the trades and delete the glitched packs. If anyone opened those glitched packs, then they could keep the cards but they should be trade locked. Then ban the people that abused the glitch heavily so only the abusers of the glitch would be banned and not a huge chunk of the community.

They can't let the people that abused this glitch go unpunished. I know that if they do a rollback, a lot of people will be mad and lose trust in the game. They also can't ban everyone that was involved with the glitch because it would ruin the economy of the game by getting rid of copies of high value cards. I think they should reverse the trades and delete the glitched packs. If anyone opened those glitched packs, then they could keep the cards but they should be trade locked. Then ban the people that abused the glitch heavily so only the abusers of the glitch would be banned and not a huge chunk of the community.

You have no idea how many glitches get exploited with no consequences. For instance the Durant glitch where it discarded 4 in staid of 1 card. Several people made a huge fussy fit about it and they glitch was fixed in a timely manner but no one got banned or suspended. Next there was something VERY similar to this where some hard to obtain packs were duplicated to where people got thousands where before it was hard to get more than 5 and no one was banned because of that and no roll back. Now we have this, another pack exploit that honestly wasn't all that bad. Yes I had stocked on a few FA toad and FA yveltal and now they are dirt cheep but w/e, minor setback and everyone should be happy that highly playable cards are easier to get now. Now the fact that half of you are just jealous that you couldn't get in on this is pretty lame. Just get over your selves and move on.

Just ban the cheaters! I don't give a heck about "it's bad for the economy"!!

**** the so called "economy"!!!

Justice needs to be served without damaging us normal players.

To **** with "rollbacks" or bound booster packs.

Just ban the cheaters and it's good.

in my opinion the best way to deal with it, is just to make  the bugged codes  "TRADELOCK",

so they are not affecting the trade market.

its a shame 3 expansions are basicly destroyed but a rollback sounds impossible.

im been playin the game for the last 3 years on a daily basis and to me this might be the best way,

also discussing it with many friends who play the game and we all agree to it.

Im interested on how everyone else feels about it and what your ideas are on how to fix it.

im been playin for the over 3 years on almost a daily basis and love the game

tho i follow the forum im not really sure how/where to put this post so i hope it will find all your attention (mods/devs/players like me)

thanks to all for reading and commenting

hope to see you all back ingame soon

ROB888

you know i suggested this but we are defending the cheaters. we don't believe that we should be giving them a second chance.

i do agree. why? cause it could actually help in a way more then some realize. for one it woke u the developers. they realized that bugs are now not something to ignore. two: it helped some and maybe allot more then we realize. some of the players prob mad cause they didnt get the chance. but to my honest  opinion, why punish everyone for something that may more likely been the developers fault. i have seen where game developers mess up and players take advantage and only thing was done was the bug being fixed and us being rewarded for it and the ones who did it got a bigger reward ( i know sounds weird but they found it even tho they used it allot, they still reported it. not saying the ones who did it here reported it).

but truth is this is a community. its not meant to be destroyed but to be kept together. Some of the ones who prob did this is prob also your high traders hoping to get there stock up so they can trade more. who knows really.

but no one wants to think about the reasonings why they did this. sometimes the reason could be for a good one.

You have no idea how many glitches get exploited with no consequences. For instance the Durant glitch where it discarded 4 in staid of 1 card. Several people made a huge fussy fit about it and they glitch was fixed in a timely manner but no one got banned or suspended. Next there was something VERY similar to this where some hard to obtain packs were duplicated to where people got thousands where before it was hard to get more than 5 and no one was banned because of that and no roll back. Now we have this, another pack exploit that honestly wasn't all that bad. Yes I had stocked on a few FA toad and FA yveltal and now they are dirt cheep but w/e, minor setback and everyone should be happy that highly playable cards are easier to get now. Now the fact that half of you are just jealous that you couldn't get in on this is pretty lame. Just get over your selves and move on.

you know we agree on allot with this topic. banning would really be wrong. everyone is acting like there whole "economy" (meaning profit) went to down hill like it never was gonna happen with those cards anyway. yveltal is dropping due to the next set, shaymin is being effected to. but yet no one was crying about it.

its best to learn that what is coming from the nextset will have more of a bigger impact then what this did.

i mean yveltal is being reprinted meaning older one will be cheaper due to the newer one being harder to get.

look at promo yveltal ex. it dropped and i still see some over pricing it. cause they lost profit but reality did not lose any profit. just dropped some.

prices changes its part of our game. if you don't like the fact it happens, then why are you even bothering with trading games?

i mean irl the prices of items drop and sometimes bad. sometimes good.

mewtwos prices dropped after states due to it not doing good but its still a good deck.

yveltal is the same. its already dropping irl. it use to be 4.99 but its dropped by cents. its still going lower.

Just ban the cheaters! I don't give a heck about "it's bad for the economy"!!

**** the so called "economy"!!!

Justice needs to be served without damaging us normal players.

To **** with "rollbacks" or bound booster packs.

Just ban the cheaters and it's good.

Great input and thanks for the viable solution! Not

They're removing cards gotten from the bugged packs, but only for the exploiters and only good, playable cards.

have you got proof?

locking the packs still effects the trade market, if the exploiters now already have all the cards from the effected sets they wont be needing to trade for them, the packs and cards from those sets will drop. the glitch also effects the entire economy negatively because the packs were able to be traded for anything when they were available. locking the packs/cards it just a giant reward to those who took part in the exploit and sends the message that players will not get in any trouble for exploiting and instead will make a large profit. a roll back would be the best solution.

The thing is, they already started deleting the illegal packs. My 24 Tradable Rallying Cry Decks vanished a couple hours ago.

well i dont see why that would been removed tho. but who knows

Archived