Greninja vs Greninja

FlaFlaPT

So I built a Greninja Break yesterday and today I tasted the mirror match which I found out I'm not a huge fan of.

My opponent had the brilliant idea of throwing down a rough seas. Conclusion: We ended up for 20 turns shadow stiching each other. Without being able to actually make a move to gain edge over the other, because as we all know shurikens are good.

And what did my opponent did ? When he was 5 cards away from decking out (and both of us had hands of 20-25 cards), he used Shauna. And my response ? Judge. We ended up trading more 10 shadow stiching before he quit because I had more cards in my deck than he did.

So I came here to ask my fellow Greninja Break users, how do you deal with the mirror match ? Have you had any success with it ?

I'm gonna throw down my deck in here, if you have any suggestions to it without breaking the other matchups, I'd appreciate.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 17

4 Froakie BKP 38
4 Frogadier BKP 39
3 Greninja BKP 40
1 Greninja XY 41
3 Greninja BREAK BKP 41
1 Remoraid BKT 31
1 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 35

1 Energy Retrieval PLB 80
1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
3 Rough Seas PRC 137
4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Professor's Letter XY 123
2 Wally ROS 94
1 Lysandre FLF 90
2 Fisherman BKT 136
1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Judge BKT 143
1 AZ ******
***** Trainer AOR 69
4 Dive Ball PRC 125
2 Max Potion BKP 103
1 Rare Candy PRC 135
4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 8

8 Water Energy BLWEnergy 9

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

You just have to shadow stich repeatedly, as you did. Put energy on all of your benched pokemon that need it for retreat if they get Lysanderd. The first one who cannot pull of shadow stick or uses another attack other than shadow switch will lose. Just be very very careful playing cards from your hand.

Just like you did, you want to have more cards in your deck than your opponent or you lose. A copy of Super Rod, I found is very helpful.  I'd probably cut a max potion.

Although I do agree that max potions and probably 1 rough seas are the main candidates at being cutted from the deck,  your suggestion doesn't solve my issue with the mirror match - I don't want to spend dozens and dozens of turns (not an understatement) shadow stich.

The best I can come up with is Delinquent, because rough seas is the main issue I feel. 

EDIT: Seriously, the censor is getting on my nerves.

Your deck is the first I've seen to run 4-4-4 greninja. I would get rid of one froakie instead of the max potion.

And you already know you gotta switch stadiums. I would go with delinquent too.

If you just wanna switch stadiums, your best bet, IMO, would be parallel city. Reducing the damage they are doing would be your best chance at winning the clone war.

I would still go with delinquent though.

I went with Delinquent and dropped a Froakie. Lets see how it changes things. I had 4 Froakies so that I didn't mull so much, but I don't mind mulling more. Parallel City seems to be a really interesting option. If I feel delinquent isn't enough, I'll drop a rough seas for a parallel city.

Archived