I am going to try to ask this again

jcgss77

Devs, Mods, can we get some love please? We are all here because we love to play this game. We love the at will ability to play a game of Pokemon. We even (though not all) spend money on the Pokemon franchise. We can be very grumpy, and at the current state of affairs, you must understand our dissatisfaction.

Why?

-There is no trading
-There is no code redemption
-Bugs abound, many persisting from before the LAST rotation
-Devs? Mods? Are there any? Just to close 'heavily' criticizing threads it seems.
-No one says anything at all to us, so we must draw our own conclusions that either:
a. no one knows what is going on, utter chaos in PTCGO
b. no one cares about we who play the game/pay those who receive money
c. those in authority believe we are idiots who can't handle the truth
d. those in authority have no idea how to run this game

We really want to believe that you all are doing the best you can, but due to the radio silence we must draw our own conclusions as to what is going on. Why? BECAUSE WE HAVE NO IDEA BECAUSE YOU WON'T TELL US ANYTHING!!! So I will ask again-can we get some love and can you please tell us what in the world is going on here, other than the obvious everything is falling apart?

Anyone?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and how could I forget about the lack of Tournaments?  They are also down!  What works around here?  Was the client hacked?  LET US KNOW!!!

i feel like a song from michael jackson is singing right now.

i want to paste the lyrics so bad. but it may make the mods mad.

this is what we feel like. it feels like mj is singing it to us. To me i feel like that. i feel like the dont care about us. they seem to only care about our money.

i gave a suggestion and guess what?

we will not be doing any of that. which i know everyone would love.

make the match maker pair us up against our own skill level or close to it. but nope.

they dont want to listen to us about fixing bugs so maybe now with what happened they will start to listen.

i once said that one day they will find out what happens if they do not listen to their members. they found out. it may cost them more then they wish.  lets face it, its gonna take them a while to fix this mess up.

we are prob talking days of work. hours and over time.

cause see in one side: i can understand why they did what they did with the packs. we get nothing for the long down times that is worth it. we get bugs aglore. and sometimes we cant even play.

other side: well yes it was wrong and it should of not happened. but do you guys think that the ones who shared or gave this idea out was probally the ones who told this company about bugs so many times and they just did nothing about it?

I'm starting to suspect that the game was hacked, so they're frantically trying to figure out how to "plug the hole" and prevent the same thing from happening again.

I'm starting to suspect that the game was hacked, so they're frantically trying to figure out how to "plug the hole" and prevent the same thing from happening again.

Yes, this is VERY possible, and it seems quite likely to cause SOME of the issues.  Again, though, if they were, do you agree that the best thing to do is let us know that it was hacked, and that they would be bringing everything back online ASAP?  That is, after all, the respectful way to carry this out.  The only problem is that I really don't feel much respect as a gamer here, moreso lately.  No communication at all with things.

I definitely agree. I wonder if it's possible though that, if it was true, they decided not to announce that they were hacked until they "plugged the hole," because they were concerned about other people trying to take advantage of whatever flaw/backdoor/loophole/hack was discovered? Not saying I agree with it, just wondering if maybe that's their reasoning. Like, if they say the game was hacked, even though they don't explain how, they think it might cause other hackers to get curious and try to figure out where the exploit is.

I definitely agree. I wonder if it's possible though that, if it was true, they decided not to announce that they were hacked until they "plugged the hole," because they were concerned about other people trying to take advantage of whatever flaw/backdoor/loophole/hack was discovered? Not saying I agree with it, just wondering if maybe that's their reasoning. Like, if they say the game was hacked, even though they don't explain how, they think it might cause other hackers to get curious and try to figure out where the exploit is.

that could be bad tho. what if its someone trying to hack the whole system and us knowing we could prevent ways of it happening. to be honest if the community knows what is happening it can sometimes save the community in ways you may not realized.

idk anything about game development but i do know web development. in a way its the same. one bug can be very very bad later on if not fixed. this game found that out.

i did one time say that ignoring your members can have a bad action as one community once found out. this one found that out to.

now maybe they will take us serious about the bugs we report and fix them fast so this never happens again.

Hello all,

I totally get that there are a lot of upset players right now, and that you all just want to get some quality Sunday game time in.

There is not much information available. The game was not hacked. Redeem glitch -> redeem taken offline -> trading taken offline -> and some reports that add friend is not currently working.  Everyone wants to know what the clean-up will look like. At this time, Moderators do not have any answers. I suspect that we will know more on Monday.

In the meantime, we truly apologize for the inconvenience, and very much appreciate your support.

Hello all,

I totally get that there are a lot of upset players right now, and that you all just want to get some quality Sunday game time in.

There is not much information available. The game was not hacked. Redeem glitch -> redeem taken offline -> trading taken offline -> and some reports that add friend is not currently working.  Everyone wants to know what the clean-up will look like. At this time, Moderators do not have any answers. I suspect that we will know more on Monday.

In the meantime, we truly apologize for the inconvenience, and very much appreciate your support.

Thank you for your word, I do appreciate it.  We would just like some info as to what is going on, and for mods to disappear for days whilst the worst I have seen the game since I have been playing does no service.  About the only thing we have seen from a mod is the locking of threads which vent the frustration because we don't know anything.

And just on a side note, authority may have told you nothing about the issues other than stuff is being shut down, but giving us some information just might cool the temperature, you know?  You did come on here to communicate to us, but you also said nothing that we don't already know.  These are the types of things which cause frustration to people.

the clean up seems to be removing illegal cards from players collections. if so i think everyone can deal with that. that would be a better option.

but then again everyone wants a ban hammer cause they can't stop thinking about there selfless ways cause there profits got killed. as i said and same as some others said. that would kill the profits more and more.

Archived