Which duel mode doesn't allow EX types?

Joshuam303

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right bit to post this , it's my first time using the forums xD

I just started yesterday, and while I am enjoying the game and it brings back fun memories whenever I do the expanded vs duels I get put up against people with EX decks, so far it's been 8/10 of the PVP duels I've done :/

I thought this game would have a ladder system like a lot of online games do, where you get matched with people your level, but if they have EX's already they can't have just started out like I did

So is there any of the match types like theme, standard or that which disables the use of EX cards?

I've tried fighting them, outsmarting them, but I don't have many card's yet and they just seem to 1 hit all my cards before I get the chance to give my cards enough energy to attack, or evolve them up , etc etc

Theme is the only format that has no EXs, and that's only because players are only able to use preconstructed theme decks, as the name implies.

There have been numerous calls for a non-EX format, almost always from people new to the game, but the moderators have stated before that such a format simply won't happen.

Theme is the only format that has no EXs, and that's only because players are only able to use preconstructed theme decks, as the name implies.

There have been numerous calls for a non-EX format, almost always from people new to the game, but the moderators have stated before that such a format simply won't happen.

Why not :/ if there was one, then the people who don't want to use/fight against ex's won't need too , and the ones who do want to use/fight against ex's will get to , seems like a win/win situation 

Why not :/ if there was one, then the people who don't want to use/fight against ex's won't need too , and the ones who do want to use/fight against ex's will get to , seems like a win/win situation 

Because the best decks will be Night March; Greninja Break and Trevenant Lock. There will be even less variation in the decks you play against.

The best decks in game are not EX-reliant decks. So the mode would just end up being 5 or so dominant decks, with the newer players having no more of a chance to compete. There is a match making system, based on wins and such, but has nothing to do with the strength of ones deck. 

I'm a beta-player, so I've been on the game for quite a while and I can easily say that making a non-EX format would actually make it worse for new players. Sure there's no more mewtwo-ex, sceptile-ex to worry about, but you'll lack the necessary fire-power and bulky pokemon to endure a typhlosion, greninja or trevenant deck.

As for night march, someone plz ban that lazy, lame ******* for crying out loud xD

I understand where your coming from, but what everyone else has been saying is correct. Maybe try doing trainer challenge op? You can earn a lot of good cards that way.

I understand where your coming from, but what everyone else has been saying is correct. Maybe try doing trainer challenge op? You can earn a lot of good cards that way.

I was trying it , but I was getting bored of the 3 basic decks and couldn't find a way to use my own deck, and it also felt like a grind getting those starts to the 4th star :S

Is it really concern for the format, or more about Nintendo can't stand the thought of telling people they can't use their o-so-precious Exs and Megas aside from normal rotations?  People might get their feeling hurt if they thought their overpowered cards were restricted and stop spending money.  

Create a non-Ex room and let the "win at any costs" type ruin the regular room with their broken decks.  Maybe they will eventually quit out of boredom while the rest of us are playing the game the way it is meant to be played.  

Is it really concern for the format, or more about Nintendo can't stand the thought of telling people they can't use their o-so-precious Exs and Megas aside from normal rotations?  People might get their feeling hurt if they thought their overpowered cards were restricted and stop spending money.  

Create a non-Ex room and let the "win at any costs" type ruin the regular room with their broken decks.  Maybe they will eventually quit out of boredom while the rest of us are playing the game the way it is meant to be played.  

First of all, Nintendo doesn't own the Pokemon card business. I believe wizards of the coast does?

Anyway, a person could always do private matches with friends. And even so, people in versus and in tournaments aren't all pros. You can make your own custom deck and still do good.

The Pokémon Trading Card Game (ポケモンカードゲーム Pokemon Kādo Gēmu?, "Pokémon Card Game"), abbreviated as PCG or Pokémon TCG is acollectible card game, based on the Pokémon video game series, first published in October 1996 by Media Factory in Japan. In the US, it was initially published by Wizards of the CoastNintendo eventually took over publishing the card game alongside the video games in June 2003.

Archived