prof syacamore

Xensor

so i had 8 cards left. prof syacamore states discard and draw 7. that would mean 1 card left. cause of that it made me lose a game.

Then why did you play it? If you play Sycamore with 8 cards left and then lose by decking out, that's your own fault, not a bug.

The deck I play in real life runs through the deck very quickly because of its many discard effects, so I am always keeping an eye on how many cards I have left, and often forgo playing a Sycamore because it would leave me with too few cards to avoid decking out.

If you often need a draw Supporter when your deck is low, consider adding Shauna or Professor Birch's Observations to your deck. Those give you slightly less draw power (5 cards or average 5.5, respectively), but with the benefit of first shuffling your existing hand back into your deck. Of course, this means you could get some of the same cards back, but used creatively, you could shuffle in a large hand and draw fewer cards than you had before to increase your deck size and delay a potential deck-out loss.

Then why did you play it? If you play Sycamore with 8 cards left and then lose by decking out, that's your own fault, not a bug.

The deck I play in real life runs through the deck very quickly because of its many discard effects, so I am always keeping an eye on how many cards I have left, and often forgo playing a Sycamore because it would leave me with too few cards to avoid decking out.

If you often need a draw Supporter when your deck is low, consider adding Shauna or Professor Birch's Observations to your deck. Those give you slightly less draw power (5 cards or average 5.5, respectively), but with the benefit of first shuffling your existing hand back into your deck. Of course, this means you could get some of the same cards back, but used creatively, you could shuffle in a large hand and draw fewer cards than you had before to increase your deck size and delay a potential deck-out loss.

you didnt get it.

it draws 7 so if i had 8 left. i wouldn't of decked out. meaning i would of had another turn after using it. i decked out cause of it drawing 8 instead of 7.

i had 8 left. meaning drawing 7 leaves 1 left to draw for next turn. meaning i would of had to take the mew-ex out. apparently you forget the 8 cards left and decked out due to drawing 7. it would of not drawn 8 i would of not decked out that turn.

And this is why you make sure that all of the relevant information is in the initial bug report. Nowhere in the original post did you state that it drew 8 cards. You just said that you had 8 left, played Sycamore, then had 1 left, then eventually lost the game.

If it did draw 8 cards, then that is indeed a bug. Just to check: are you sure that you actually had 8 cards left at the moment Sycamore was played? I just want to make sure you didn't see that number before your turn started and incorrectly think it was at the time Sycamore was played; if you had 8 before the turn started, then the automatically drawn card at the start of the turn would have reduced the deck to 7. I don't think this is the case, but just want to rule it out for sure. Memories can be faulty at times (mine especially).

so i had 8 cards left. prof syacamore states discard and draw 7. that would mean 1 card left. cause of that it made me lose a game.

i figured you all would of done been able to read what i said.

sorry but i am trying to watch how i say things, so forgive me.

i pretty much did say that but not in that way or term.

yeah i had 8 so i had enough to draw 7.

turn before i had shauna. which makes me reshuffle and draw 5. that left me about 10 cards or so.

when that turn ended i had about 9.

turn comes back to me i had 8 due to drawing a card.

used prof.

draws 8 instead of 7. (yes I counted the amount drawn. it was 8.)

so yeah it made me lose.

yeah i quit cause it made me lose.

thats why i hate that card. i dont use it no more after that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Xensor!

It would be incredibly helpful if you could submit your game log to us via support ticket if you experience this again. You can save the game log from your match by clicking the Social Menu, clicking the Game Log tab, and clicking "Export". This will copy it to your Clipboard where you can paste it into a .txt file and attach it to your ticket. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your patience!

Archived