Share your epic comeback/ battle stories!

Shinsones

I'll start. So I was in a tournament with Using M-Ray vs a Manectric bats deck. Midway through the game decides to disconnect me (as usual). And when I reconnected the game has skipped 2-3 of my turns and my opponent has 1 prize left. I thought it was goner for sure....

But then the RNG god decides it's my turn to have good luck and I draw like Yugi in the first Yugioh anime and proceed to OHKO every single M Manectric he has before he can fully charge them. The end. 

pretty much I was getting destroyed the whole way through the match but I did enough to keep going and hang on in the match, and in the end I won the match because the other guy ran out of cards, He kept on using different items to draw cards the whole way through the match and in the end it backfired on him

I was playing my TDK deck in a Legacy Tournament Final round against a Ray/Eels deck - RNG was terrible for me and he was down to his last prize card - I still had all 6 remaining.

PLOT TWIST: He was ready to take the final prize card and started his turn with :08 seconds left on his in game clock. It wasn't a glitch or disconnection issues - he had just been playing VERY SLOWLY. His timer hit 00:00 and he lost the tourney final before he was able to launch his final attack (I still had 10:22 on my timer).

Some people just try to hard I suppose.

Came back from a 6 prize card vs 1 prize card against an op guy with all his SR stuff, with only a deoxys-ex on the field.... After that pulled a koolaid guy, "Oh yeahhhhh" :D

The very common : i have 2 prize card left, he got 1 prize card left. I lysandre his EX at his bench, straight away takes 2 prize and win

My memory is a bit fuzzy, so if my opponent is reading this and notices some details wrong, forgive me. :)

The other day I was playing a theme deck tournament (I believe it was the semifinal) with XY Basic Blue, against XY Basic Green. Of course, many of the Pokemon in Basic Blue are weak to Grass, plus I had a bad draw to start, so I was struggling to get going. The main strategy with Basic Blue, it seems, is to bench a Magikarp, attach a few energies (and maybe an Exp. Share), evolve to Gyarados, then use Gyarados to drown your opponent and win.

Except that I couldn't get Gyarados. My opponent took multiple prizes with OHKOs, while I couldn't keep anything alive long enough to power it up for a decent attack. Finally, with prizes at 6-2 (I think), I drew Shauna and played it. Boom: Rough Seas and Dive Ball, the latter of which I used to pull Gyarados. I retreated, put Gyarados up in the active slot, and started attacking with Aqua Tail.

My opponent, by this time, had multiple Pokemon powered up, so he was hitting as good as he was getting it. I'd OHKO something, and he'd bring something else up to hit me for 70 or 80. With the help of Rough Seas, Gyarados managed to land four OHKOs before being KOed himself. So now the prizes are 2-1.

I brought up Sealeo; I don't remember what his active was, but it had 70 or 80 HP total. Anyway, Sealeo had two energy attached, so I was limited to Freezing Headbutt. I did 30 damage, but flipped tails, so he was able to hit me for 80. Just 10 HP away from a loss. The next turn, I attacked with Freezing Headbutt again, and this time flipped heads to paralyze his active. He couldn't attack, but did play a Super Potion IIRC. So we're back to square one here.

I drew another energy (one turn too late) and attached it to Sealeo, but chose to play Freezing Headbutt again to attempt paralysis, since my Sealeo still had 20 damage on it and could be knocked out in one turn. I held my breath... and it came up heads. Success. He couldn't do anything on his next turn, and then I drew my other Shauna. That handed me another water energy... and Greninja. Guess what: he had a 50 HP Pokemon on his bench with two damage counters already on it from my early-game weak attacks. And I had a Frogadier on my bench. Bingo.

Evolve to Greninja, use Water Shuriken to snipe the Pokemon on the Bench for one prize, and Aurora Beam with Sealeo to KO his active for the last prize. Game.

(Oh, and I ended up winning the tournament, which I had never done before. :D)

pretty much I was getting destroyed the whole way through the match but I did enough to keep going and hang on in the match, and in the end I won the match because the other guy ran out of cards, He kept on using different items to draw cards the whole way through the match and in the end it backfired on him

Lol, I've done that so many times with my yveltal deck. I have to watch the amount of cards I draw and end up discarding. It's easy to go through all of your resources. 

Legacy - Me vs VirGen.

I had just lost a landorus and a garbodor to a genesect, and he needed the G Booster to take the final prize off of my Reshiram. Skyla, G booster was prized. He attacked, I KO' his genesect, he wasn't able to charge his last virizion in time, bam win.

Was losing 2-5.

This is a cool thread. The first tournament I played in the Legacy format I used my Plasma Ursaring/Deoxys EX deck. I had won some pretty good matches to get to the finals, and who do I meet there? An eels-Ray EX deck. Once I discovered it, I was thinking I was a goner, and we were going back and forth through the whole match, and my opponent was no slouch, he kept working my bench to try to KO my Deoxys.

So we are in a position where he KO'd 3 of my ************ a Deoxys. I KO his 2nd Ray with my last ************* 1 Ray left for him. So on my opponent's final draw of the game, he has his last Ray up with a lightning on it and 30 damage, I believe, and he plays a Professor Oak. I am holding my breath....

And he does not ******* fire energy. On top of that, my Ursaring in the active slot only had 3 energies on it, with no energies in my hand, and I topdeck a Colress machine. I click it, drop it, and I have my eyes closed for the game to tell me that my last Plasma energy is prized...

And cha-ching! There is that last, precious Plasma energy in the select screen, I attach that bad boy, and put the hammer down on that unfortunate Rayquaza and close the envelope on my first attempt at the Gold in Legacy. I was thanking my opponent for an epic throwdown in the tourny final, that is how they should all be!

EDIT: Are you serious? the evolution from Teddiursa is censored?  Lame man.

@jgcss So many censors...I can't make out what you trying to say

Sorry, I tried, but I remedied the first 2 with my edit, and the 3rd was my opponent not drawing the mentioned energy.  I tried to make the story as entertaining as the actual game, it seems I failed miserably...

:blink:

I like this thread as well :)

Long story short, I was in a vs. match not too long ago:

My opponent has a Mega Charizard, I think I had about 4 basic Pokémon left and every time he attacked me he had to discard 5 cards - well basically I played it smart and made them use all of their cards. So they ended up losing because they didn't have any cards left! I laughed so hard when I won xD

numerous of times when i do my evo challenges. No attack just want to get some tokens right
and I am doing them, evolving + scoopup before they knock me out etc then after a few of those they randomly surrender especially when i use only bats its epic

Just won a good Theme deck tournament with a comeback. I was XY Green vs Mental Might. The guy got Gallade out early and had Miltank, etc. I had a horrible start a lot 3 before getting going. I had like all energy and a Sycamore. I had literally like 10 energy in hand. I started with that colorless one, and had put 3 energy onto him, and at least a Lucky Helmet, but every attack I rolled all tails :P Finally I got a basic or two and kept having to sacrifice them, but then I drew straight into the Shrifty line, and was able to stall enough to get Shrifty up. Once Shrifty was up I steam rolled everything else :P

But that's theme for you.

On other note, I just won against a Mega Manectric / Jolteon deck using Night March / Maxies Garchomp! I wouldn't exactly call it a come back, but it was awsome!

I was ****************** EX Deck. They only had 1 Prize left, (I had a terrible hand), but then I got a Mewtwo EX out and took all 6 of my prizes in the blink of an eye. ;)

I frequently have the opposite situation. I'll start off in the lead, and then get disconnected hen it looks like my opponent has no chance of winning. Sometimes 5 or 6 games in a row. My game will just lock up, and then after a couple minutes, "DEFEAT" pops up. I guess that counts as an epic comeback story, when I am smashing my opponent, and they make an epic comeback through internet rng.

Had 280 damage counters on opponents Wailord EX w/ FFB.

Sinister Hand, moved 110 to both Shaymin EX's, 4 prize cards.

Moved 30 to active, 1 shot with Creep Show..

God I love that card xD

Comeback because I started with dreadful hand and he had 1 prize card left.

My Greatest Victory!!!  

Happened Tonight. I was using my dark deck, my opponent was using a Rayquazza/Toad deck. I have only one copy of the new Umbreon ex and I had it in play which he managed to hit for 150. I switched it out using my Darkrai and hit his Mega Rayquazza for 140 using Yvetal EX. He then damaged it using the same Ray, But when it came back to my turn I switched to my Umbreon EX (Which has an attack called END GAME) It is his second attack and I used it. It killed his Mega Ray and I got 4 prizes on that ko alone- When it happened- we both still had 6 prizes at that time. His next turn came up and he used Colress for about 12 cards and couldn't  get anything to help him so he Conceeded.

Funny thing is-Umbreon EX's attack ACTUALL ENDED THE GAME LOL!!!!

I NEVER would have dreamed in a million years I would live to see it happen. I was ROTFL (No disrespect to my opponent), but it was HILARIOUS!!!

I doubt ill ever see it happen again, but once in my lifetime is good enough for me. ^_____________________^ 

• 2 weeks later...

My most memorable game for sure: 

Just started playing PTCGO and the first thing I bought was the Roaring Skies theme deck, Storm Rider, with Zapdos and Dragonite. 

My opponent was playing the same theme deck, and set up Zapdos right off the bat (the one that does 120 dmg, and 40 to his bench). He was attacking with that attack by the 3rd turn, and to avoid doing bench damage he didn't put down any other pokemon.

He one by one he KOed everyone of my pokemon except a lone dratini I saved on the bench with a double dragon energy on it. Finally after KOing 5 of my other pokemon my dratini comes out, and low and behold i get the dragonaire that turn. I have one change to attack, and that dragonaire has an attack called slam, which has you flip 2 coins and does 60 dmg times the number of heads. The RNG gods blessed me and I hit both heads, KOing his only pokemon out for the win. This was tournament match too making it that much sweeter.

This matched happened over a year ago haha but I still remember it like it was yesterday!

Archived