We want the Codes back

illertal

Cant understand why it takes so long

It is now Day 4

No one knows how long it will take

it can not be true that it takes so long to introduce codes

And for me are the Chests are a joke not a apologize

They aren't "introducing" codes per se, but are working on fixing code redemption bugs, and finalizing a code redemption website where users can redeem codes during downtime.

I may be wrong, but i think that the Chests are their way of apologizing for the down time without flooding the game with trade locked packs.

This is kind of a bummer.   "Sometime in the near future" is much too vague.  I bought a bunch of Roaring Skies codes only to find that redemption was down, and I haven't been able to redeem them for days.

Pretty frustrating.  I wish they would at least give us a better idea of when it will be back.

i aggree with jive. "the near future" is not an answer. near future is some hours, some days, some weeks and even some years if u think to the eternity of time :P. we have to know at least approximately when we can take our packs.

after said this, i dont understand the sense of yesterday's maintenance.

they said: "This is to complete code card redemption maintenance.  At the conclusion of maintenance code card redemption functionality will be restored in the PC, Mac and Android clients.  Code card redemption functionality will remain off in the iPad client." this is the first point

at last point they said: "The game is up and available to play.The Code Redemption system remains offline temporarily.  We are working to re-enable the code redemption system, but do not have a specific estimate at the time.  We will post announcements when we do have an estimate."

some contradictions? what was the maintenance really for?

at least i agree with illertal: chest are not apologize, but a joke: for most (me included) this apologize = 10 coin + 1common and 1 uncommon that we already have in 20x...... not the best for waiting 7 hours to play (after many others maintenance of 9-11 hours this last three weeks)

As somebody who understands how horrifying maintenance can be for the programmers when something goes wrong, I'm not surprised that they haven't given a concrete time frame. They likely honestly don't know when it will be fixed. I mean, what if the bug they're trying to fix is game-breaking? You wouldn't want that to be reintroduced into the game's ecosystem. And you wouldn't want a partial solution either. So they're likely working on ensuring that it is 100% functional before pushing it back online. This is especially true when introducing an entirely new element into the game, such as the code redemption website. A website isn't an easy thing to set up, even if it's just a single page. There's a lot of back-end stuff and overhead that needs to be accounted for. And if one little thing goes wrong, as it likely did, then that's a whole lot of things that need to be rechecked. In addition, they didn't have to give us anything to apologize. They aren't obligated to.

tl;dr Cut them a bit of slack. Believe me, I'm frustrated too, but I'm sure they're working as hard as they can on solving the issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll probably be back up today or tomorrow. I don't represent them in any way, but as somebody who's been in these kind of situations before (as a programmer), I understand their plight. So yeah. Hopefully it'll be back soon! Unless you're playing on iOS, because it seems likes there's a whole host of other issues with that lol

As somebody who understands how horrifying maintenance can be for the programmers when something goes wrong, I'm not surprised that they haven't given a concrete time frame. They likely honestly don't know when it will be fixed. I mean, what if the bug they're trying to fix is game-breaking? You wouldn't want that to be reintroduced into the game's ecosystem. And you wouldn't want a partial solution either. So they're likely working on ensuring that it is 100% functional before pushing it back online. This is especially true when introducing an entirely new element into the game, such as the code redemption website. A website isn't an easy thing to set up, even if it's just a single page. There's a lot of back-end stuff and overhead that needs to be accounted for. And if one little thing goes wrong, as it likely did, then that's a whole lot of things that need to be rechecked. In addition, they didn't have to give us anything to apologize. They aren't obligated to.

tl;dr Cut them a bit of slack. Believe me, I'm frustrated too, but I'm sure they're working as hard as they can on solving the issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll probably be back up today or tomorrow. I don't represent them in any way, but as somebody who's been in these kind of situations before (as a programmer), I understand their plight. So yeah. Hopefully it'll be back soon! Unless you're playing on iOS, because it seems likes there's a whole host of other issues with that lol

Problem is we're at the point where they might as well revert to the old working system then work on an internal test server to fix the issues with the new code. Instead, we now are working with an incomplete product and are unable to access content we may have paid for... Which is unacceptable considering how long its taking and the lack of regular updates. 

Last update we had on this was yesterday @ 7:15 pm after issues with the patch dragged 2 hours with little comment at all from the team. 

Its now 5:32 pm, nearly 24 hours since the last we have heard about it. 

Problem is we're at the point where they might as well revert to the old working system then work on an internal test server to fix the issues with the new code. Instead, we now are working with an incomplete product and are unable to access content we may have paid for... Which is unacceptable considering how long its taking and the lack of regular updates. 

Last update we had on this was yesterday @ 7:15 pm after issues with the patch dragged 2 hours with little comment at all from the team. 

Its now 5:32 pm, nearly 24 hours since the last we have heard about it. 

Actually, a lot of people were having issues with the code redemption (myself included) before maintenance. I imagine they did have it working on a test server, but something broke on the front end.

there is really no point on speculating what could have went wrong.   The fail here now is discontinuation of communication and regular updates.

And expectation time / date would be nice...

Archived