Code Selling Sites? Legit? Seems fishy.

TimmyFTW3

So, it was recently come to my attention that there are sites buying and selling codes and 'sponsering' streams for code giveaways. It seemed pretty fishy to me so I stayed well away.
Was wondering what's the general view upon this kind of thing? Doesn't it count as copyright infringement? 

Selling the code cards themselves infringes no copyrights IIRC, otherwise it would be illegal to resell other Pokemon merchandise (e.g. Tins, single cards, etc.)

Selling virtual cards (from PTCGO, already redeemed), is illegal and a bannable offense. I personally do not use code buying sites in favor of a different online marketplace where I can buy from sellers that I trust.

Just my two cents, if I am doing something wrong @Mods, please notify me via a Support Ticket.

So, it was recently come to my attention that there are sites buying and selling codes and 'sponsering' streams for code giveaways. It seemed pretty fishy to me so I stayed well away.

Was wondering what's the general view upon this kind of thing? Doesn't it count as copyright infringement? 

Copyright infingment is basically making a product that infinges upon a copyright... so, no, its not that at all... might be against tos, idk.... but isnt a copyright issue. 

What it most likely is, is collectors or comic stores who end up with a ton of codes they'll never use so they sell the codes. 

Buying the code cards themselves is perfectly fine, and many people do that. But as seminc said, you can't buy/sell already redeemed in game items, since Pokemon cannot control whether or not both players got what they agreed to. 

If you are looking to buy code cards, I recommend the usual big sites, where you get guarantees, and they sell millions of products per day so you know it is not a scam. The more sketchy ones are likely cheaper, but I would pay a few extra bucks for a reliable source that I know isn't a scam anyday. 

Archived