On the topic of theme decks, the BEST legacy theme deck?

propugnator

By that I mean, what is your theme deck before they made XY Kalos Starter Decks?

In my opinion, it has to be frost Ray. Eeveelutions + Vanililuxe = Damage. Also, it is (sort of) very consistent with team plasma grunts, team plasma balls, shadow triads, and Cryogonal. Almost no weird cut-off evolutions. It has draw power (Electrode), damage (Vanilluxe), teching (Noctowl, jolteon), Stall (Cryogonal), search (Cryogonal + trainers), and support (Glaceon).

What is your favourite theme deck before they got good?

First of all, the old theme decks were good in theme deck mode. The XY decks just came along and got broken.

My Choice would be DragonSnarl (DRX)

i liked BW basic water and HG yellow theme decks but was not good back then(not much better now) but thats my thoughts

side note: wished i actually bought the theme decks from back then.

Also, the theme deck from Plasma Blast is fast compared to other theme decks, but it has a lot of non-evolving pokemon. Ursaring is good imo tho.

(mostly because of the fact that they run 2 Juniper and 2 Cheren)

Definitely love the Solar Strike and Explosive Edge, but all the BW decks pretty much dominate XY theme decks as far as I am concerned.  Excepting the XY basics, of course, which are NOT level with the rest.

I'm new to the online game but I did have the Blackout, Overgrowth, Zap! and Brushfire theme decks from the base set. I still have the cards in a storage box.

I'm new to the online game but I did have the Blackout, Overgrowth, Zap! and Brushfire theme decks from the base set. I still have the cards in a storage box.

Whew, that is some good stuff.  Bet they might be worth a few $$'s?

Archived