Nice Promo for Legacy from the Shop

lgunico

You can't make everyone happy.  I'd MUCH rather have standard cards in the shop.  I understand Legacy needs help, but most new players are playing standard, and getting those cards is harder when the shop and Ladder don't help them out.  

I'm just really hoping I can manage to get enough tokens to just buy a bunch of them. There are some cards I need out of that set and my first pulls were kinda meh lol

You can't make everyone happy.  I'd MUCH rather have standard cards in the shop.  I understand Legacy needs help, but most new players are playing standard, and getting those cards is harder when the shop and Ladder don't help them out.  

But all the standard packs and theme decks are already available in the shop and can be purchased at any time, so I fail to see how new players are disadvantaged. And maybe I'm in the minority here, but I know that even as a new player I would have been interested in these bundles just because it's fun to expand your collection and get new cards.

Moreover, when it comes to opening packs to build your collection, I've found it MUCH easier and quicker to get packs from the wheels and tournaments than trying to save up all the tokens for the shop. I only spend my tokens on these rotating bundles since I get quite a few free packs from the daily versus wheel and tournaments (both wheel and prizes) are such a terrific source for packs/tickets/tokens. You don't even need to purchase anything to be competitive in theme deck tournaments since the free XY decks are so good and everyone is more or less on the same playing field because of the limited format.

Anyway, that's just my two cents.

For the most part I understand what you are saying, only because the standard offerings have been weak lately. 

However, within the last year it was possible to buy bundles that had standard EX's in them (Lucario and Gengar are two that come to mind) and a lot of bundles that had standard playable cards (the Landrus/Thundrus bundle, the Jirachi bundle, etc).  

Consider this, though - In September, every EX available in the shop or on the ladder for the last 2 years will move to expanded.  Every last one.  At that point, only the players who have been around long enough to amass a powerful stash of EX's through pack collection and trades will have any to play - Everyone who was depending on the generosity of the prizes in the system will be SOL.  

So I get it - Legacy is new so they want to support it.  And I get it - the mythical collection is rolling out so they are tying that to the ladder.  But those two decisions combine to really raise the barrier to entry for new players who want to get some strong cards together for Standard.  And that means that they are all going to rely on Night March.  Which means everyone loses - Night March sucks the fun out of this game like nothing else in the metta.  

In my opinion, in preparation for the rotation in September, the shop and the ladder should be offering quality cards that will be standard playable in October and beyond.  As it stands now, not only is it hard for a new player to get strong standard cards, the ones that they do get are likely to move to expanded shortly.  That is a rough reality that will probably cost the game some users.   

As it is right now, the prize payout for Legacy is way better than the other 3 tournaments, so from a purely value perspective it makes no sense to play anything but legacy in tournaments.

It has somewhat been fixed with the switch in Legacy packs a day or two ago (since the 3rd-4th no longer get the COL pack but a BW one instead)... But still making final in legacy gives the equivalent of 5-6 BP packs wich is way over Standard, Expanded and Theme deck tournaments offers at the moment.

Also, after about 1 month I've got everything I need to play all 3 formats, so I'm not sure where the struggle is... Started with theme decks, then NM in standard, and then an insane legacy deck and now I'm only playing with this one in tournaments to get my daily share of packs.... Wich basically pay for the trashy decks I'm running in standard on ladder as well as all the Shaymin, Toad, Giratina, Yveltal and other standard staples.

Final word on the bundle, it's definitely a great one, and probably the best I've come accross in the short period I've been playing (I arrived at the end of the ladder that was offering N fullart)... But again, I don't really understand why it is a hinderance for people willing to play standard, they have to play legacy anyway, that's where they'll get all their stuff from.

For the most part I understand what you are saying, only because the standard offerings have been weak lately.

However, within the last year it was possible to buy bundles that had standard EX's in them (Lucario and Gengar are two that come to mind) and a lot of bundles that had standard playable cards (the Landrus/Thundrus bundle, the Jirachi bundle, etc).

Consider this, though - In September, every EX available in the shop or on the ladder for the last 2 years will move to expanded. Every last one. At that point, only the players who have been around long enough to amass a powerful stash of EX's through pack collection and trades will have any to play - Everyone who was depending on the generosity of the prizes in the system will be SOL.

So I get it - Legacy is new so they want to support it. And I get it - the mythical collection is rolling out so they are tying that to the ladder. But those two decisions combine to really raise the barrier to entry for new players who want to get some strong cards together for Standard. And that means that they are all going to rely on Night March. Which means everyone loses - Night March sucks the fun out of this game like nothing else in the metta.

In my opinion, in preparation for the rotation in September, the shop and the ladder should be offering quality cards that will be standard playable in October and beyond. As it stands now, not only is it hard for a new player to get strong standard cards, the ones that they do get are likely to move to expanded shortly. That is a rough reality that will probably cost the game some users.

I don't think new players - or any players, for that matter - are going to get anywhere if they rely on shop bundles and promos for good cards and and build their decks around them. It's easy enough to pull good cards yourself from opening packs, and since the tournament prize packs are unlocked, unwanted/extra cards provide decent trading ******. And maybe this is just me, but by the time I've earned enough tokens to afford a shop bundle, I've probably gotten several free packs along the way through wheel and tournament prizes.

I've been away from my computer for a few days. What's the new bundle?

Hope to get to buy it tomorrow.

Feraligatr Prime (PR-HS HGSS07), and 3 HS-Unleashed Packs. Costs: 650 Tokens

This are the best Cards, i have been winning all my battles in legacy with the cards i got from the promo. and without Ex cards. :D

I bought it 7x I love that set, what a deal though! Best deal I've ever seen in the shop, got so many of my wants with coins XD in 21 packs I pulled kingdra, crobat, ************* 2 steelix primes and half a raikou/suicune legends and some other sweet cards

yeah i got leyends too. and great combinations cards to buid great decks without using cheaters cards. because they give you a winner deck from that Booster packs. i been wining all my tounaments waiting for when they get online again.

Archived