Palkia-EX / Kyurem-EX/ Huntail....

rgp151

So I really wanted to make a Palkia deck and messed around with Palkia-EX/Kyurem-EX, which is good but I had some losses to Jolteon-EX so I decided a needed a way to deal with safeguarders, so I came up with Huntail. 

Now what I'm doing is:

3 Palkia-EX

2 Kyurem-EX

2X2 Huntail

1 Manaphy-EX

2X2 Octillery

I don't have a 4th Palkia, or I may go with 3 Paklia and only 1 Kyurem. 

But this is actually a pretty good deck. I run 12 energy, with 2 Max Elixir on top of Palkia, it makes it possible to get a lot of energy out really fast.

Here is the deck list at the moment. I'm down to 1X1 Huntail, but I kinda want to go back up to 2X2, but I'm still messing with it. So far I haven't had to deal with too many Safeguarders. This deck is surprisingly good. The hardest part is turn 1 & 2. It's way better to go first, but if you get energy discarded on turn 1 it can be a huge setback, but if you go first and don't get your energy discard then the deck is a beast.

Even if you go second it's okay, as long as you don't have some kind of bad start, like Kyurem and no draw support or something. I might switch out Giovanni's Scheme for Pokemon Fan Club, but I'm not sure. Like a Fairy deck, it is very important to get someone on the bench so you can accelerate energy ASAP, but unlike Fairy, you have to get the right cards on the Bench, which means either Kyurem or another Palkia. 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 12

1 Clamperl PRC 49
1 Huntail PRC 50
2 Kyurem-EX AOR 25
1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32
3 Palkia-EX BKP 31
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 36

2 Rough Seas PRC 137
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162 (Changed to Pokemon Fan Club)
2 Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28
1 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
3 Shauna PHF 104
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Max Elixir BKP 102
2 Energy Switch FFI 89
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
3 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Energy Retrieval AOR 99
1 Switch BCR 135 (Changed this to an Escape Rope)
4 Dive Ball PRC 125
2 Muscle Band XY 121
2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

Energy - 12

12 Water Energy Energy 3

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Edit: I changed the switch to Escape Rope and changed Giovanni's Scheme to Pokemon Fan Club.

I put in Escape Rope as another way to deal with Jolteon-EX (Escape Rope > Lysander). Once you can hit Jolteon with an Icecalibur things are okay, especially with Team Aqua's Secret Base out. Still, Jolteon is hard to deal with in this deck. I've considered putting in Quagsire instead of Huntail just for Jolteon, but Huntail is better in general. Still, Quagsire can OHKO Jolteon, and if they put on a Belt, can still OHKO him with a Muscle Band. So I may indeed swap out Huntail for Quagsire. I like Huntail better overall, but it seems many people are bringing Jolteon out on turn 2 or 3, quite fast, before I have time to really get enough energy out for Huntail anyway. 

The problem with Quagsire is that if I put him in then I need to put in Ultra Balls. I could put in Heavy Balls I guess, since they could also get Kyurem, but meh, Ultra Balls are probably better, but still, that's a whole other mess...

After a few losses to Joltic-EX and Regice I've landed on this version, which is actually really good. I've beaten quite a few decks with it. Basically I dropped Octillery because there just wasn't room and I had to have a non-basic/non-EX attacker.

Pokémon - 10

2 Clamperl PRC 49
2 Huntail PRC 50
2 Kyurem-EX AOR 25
1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32
3 Palkia-EX BKP 31

Trainer Cards - 38

2 Rough Seas PRC 137
2 Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28

4 VS Seeker ROS 110
4 Dive Ball PRC 125
2 Trainer's Mail
1 Ultra Ball
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Max Elixir BKP 102
2 Energy Switch FFI 89
2 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
1 Escape Rope

2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
2 Muscle Band XY 121

3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
3 Shauna PHF 104
1 Skyla BKP 122
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Lysandre AOR 78

Energy - 12

12 Water Energy Energy

Generally you try to lead off with Palkia, and get as much energy out as fast as possible, preferably onto Kyurem-EX. Kyurem is the main attacker, but Huntail can work against Safeguard type pokemon or when you don't want to put an EX or a lot of energy at risk. The nice ting about Huntail is being able to attack for only 1 energy. It's common to have about 6 energy in play by turn 3, so you can hit with Huntail for 100+ most of the time.

Team Aqua's Secret base is used to help lock opponents into the active when using Kyurem and to get rid of Rough Seas against other Water/Electric decks. It works really good against Joltik-EX because it takes away their free retreat. 

If you run 3 sycamore, there's no reason to run 3 shauna also. 4 VS seeker seems a tad bit cloggy.

Without Shaymin or Octillery you really need to make sure you have enough draw supporters. In fact I really would like to get 1 Giovanni's Scheme back in just to have 1 more draw supporter. The bad thing about running the draw engine like this is that if you ******* with Delinquent or a bad Judge, etc. you can be really stuck. That's what's nice about Octillery.

But there just isn't room in the deck for it. I could put in Shaymin, but then I'd need to put in at least 3 Ultra Ball, and I'd rather not, plus I don't really want to waste the deck space.

4 VS Seeker can result in bad starting hands sometimes, but that's why any time I run 4 VS Seeker I also run 2 Battle Compressors. It's not perfect, but its usually pretty good.

And I like 3 Sycamore and 3 Shauna. With 4 VS Seeker you almost always have the option of using one or the other based on the circumstance.

Archived