Done with PTCGO until fixes.

RogueSpecter

Sorry, I know these types of threads are generally seen as complaining, or pity threads, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the issues before I take my break. This isn't me leaving permanently from the game, or me encouraging other to do so, but just don't have any encouragement to keep playing an awful concept that is and was 1.35. 

From the server instability, consistent maintenance down times that don't really specify a cause or hope for betterment, and lack of shop improvements. It's seems like these issues are going overboard, and that the development process is lackluster to say the least. 

* Lack of support to fix basic issues that result in animation errors, simple avatar displacements, and consistent freezes during matches. (I could understand coding a AAA title like a FPS or MMO, but this is a card game... Is the code really that complex? Or better yet, more complex then the aforementioned?) 

* Loading issues are still prevalent, card loads take forever. 

* R.H's are a disappointment and I doubt those will be fixed soon. 

* Additional store features are needed to supply adequate demands for *LEGACY* (Not just throwing a weekly at us that is bundled.... -_- )  Meaning, we need a secondary shop for Legacy. {Going to also throw Jirachi XY67 in this category as well since it's a meta staple at this point and we have ZERO way to obtain one in real life with a code!} 

* Issues with tournament play and refund errors, also note that tourneys cost more to get tickets. Possibly a ploy to get you to buy tickets with $$$. Wouldn't mind it if the game worked well or the issues were fixed, but seriously.... Kinda sad. 

* Trade issues that are still present and affect everyone in game based off of delays, no histories, and artificial cancel'd trades that are still present. (This isn't a huge issues, but still adds to the growing list!) 

* Still no ETA on gems being added to other regions (This has nothing to do with 2.35, just a personal grip I refuse to let go!) 

So on and so on....... I could list more if I so choose. But instead, would rather just take a break, hopefully come back in a month or two, and hope the game is in better condition. If not, then will just continue the RL TCG. Either way, no sweat. But it would seriously be cool if we had a more suitable version of the PTCGO working and not in the shape that it's in.

Well..... See y'all in mid May/June. 

EDIT: 

If you need more relevant info on issues current and prior; http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/90-report-a-game-bug/This should help you in the right direction. 

Also; "POKEMON ONLINE.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING" I see this error msg 5 out of 7 boot-up attempts now everyday I try to log in! Some come just mid game! Just thought it needed to be said. http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/40877-crashing-during-loading/Just an example. Not just me....

This one gets me too; "POKEMON ONLINE.EXE HAS EXECUTED A FATAL ERROR!" Get that every time I close the Launcher. 

Devs are already aware of the glitches, ETC but if you have found more GO TO THE REPORT A BUG THREAD!

Another USELESS THREAD! PLEASE CLOSE!  U_____U

Yo, it's the feedback part of the forum, and this guy is providing feedback so I'm not sure why this should be closed, and even less sure why you are asking for it.

Anyway, on to the topic.

While I don't agree with everything that has been said, I do think that the game needs a decent amount of fixes, especially on the random maintenances that happen every now and then.

It is definitely an annoyance to have several downtimes in a week, and the worst is probably that we're not really aware in advance of those downtime... I understand that some issues have to be taken care right away, but that should remain (very) occasional.

As for the crashes explained at the end of the original post, they are as well a major concern that should be fixed..

Yo, it's the feedback part of the forum, and this guy is providing feedback so I'm not sure why this should be closed, and even less sure why you are asking for it.

Anyway, on to the topic.

While I don't agree with everything that has been said, I do think that the game needs a decent amount of fixes, especially on the random maintenances that happen every now and then.

It is definitely an annoyance to have several downtimes in a week, and the worst is probably that we're not really aware in advance of those downtime... I understand that some issues have to be taken care right away, but that should remain (very) occasional.

As for the crashes explained at the end of the original post, they are as well a major concern that should be fixed..

THIS ISENT FEEDBACK!!! hes talking more-so about glitches, bugs and problems which should be reported under the REPORT A BUG FILE-FEEDBACK is more for discussion on how to HELP players and aquire better items, trading-things of that nature.

Sure you can disagree on things but if you read his post-he talks more about bugs, maintenance then anything else. He even gives the link to the report a bug thread under his EDIT for a better summary of what he is trying to point out.

POINT: Post things like this under bugs/maintenance

THIS ISENT FEEDBACK!!! hes talking more-so about glitches, bugs and problems which should be reported under the REPORT A BUG FILE-FEEDBACK is more for discussion on how to HELP players and aquire better items, trading-things of that nature.

Sure you can disagree on things but if you read his post-he talks more about bugs, maintenance then anything else. He even gives the link to the report a bug thread under his EDIT for a better summary of what he is trying to point out.

POINT: Post things like this under bugs/maintenance

Actually no! I was posting feedback. My feedback was a correlation of issues and the reason why I am not participating until the issues are fixed. It's a form of expression and a general statement of discontent based off the stated issues! These issues that I've pointed out are a form of examples nothing more nothing less. The "FEEDBACK" is me saying "Hey, these are the already commonly known issues, and why I feel playing under them is unacceptable!" So.... Yeah, it's feedback. 

I'm sooooo glad I took a break from this game! Seems the issues are more persistent than ever! Glad I'm not sharing in the frustration. Feel bad though for those who are. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the OP. I take long breaks between playing the game because I am busy. When I come back there is always a new update and the results have been just horrible. The game keeps getting worse and worse each time. More slow, more annoying than before, more restrictions, removal of my favorite verses mode, no work on years of requests to improve things for the players. Now I'm reading about some kind of horrible trade pack glitch/exploit and no trades/trade bans? I don't know what's going on at all and also my game won't maximize and it sits on my desktop like a widget with my task bar in the way. Ugh. drag and drop nonsense, woo many mulligans, too many irritating messages. It's gotten irritating to play rather than fun. Oh and the Night March Deck can go to the lost sock zone where it belongs ;)

Archived