Raticate Break?

rgp151

I'm working on a Raticate Break deck and I think there are few ways it could be done. Not sure what is best, but I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has tried any of these.

1) Pure Raticate : With this you just run 4X4X3 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, and like 2-4 Shaymin.

2) Raticate / Sceptile-EX: 4X4X3 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, 2 Shaymin, 2 Sceptile-EX, using Sceptile as a backup attacker that also benefits from Ariados.

3) Raticate / Drowsy: 4X4X3 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, 2X2 Drowsy, with the idea of using Drowsy to further stall.

4) Raticate / Entie: 4X4X3 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, 2 Shaymin, 2 Entie, with the idea that you can use Entie against Grass decks and as a general backup attacker.

5) Raticate / Aegislash: 4X4X3 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, Aegislash-EX, 2X2Bronzong. With this you would run Steel Shelter.

6) Raticate / Jirachi: 3X3X3 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, 2X2Bronzong, 4 Jirachi. With this you would run Steel Shelter. The idea is that they both have similar types of attacks but Jirachi sets up faster. It's actually better to lead off with Jirachi.

7. Raticate / Metal: 2X2X2 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, Aegislash-EX,  2X2Bronzong, 1 Dialga-EX, 1 Registeel. With this you would run Steel Shelter. The idea is that with Steel Shelter everyone can make use of Ariados, and you have a grab bag of Metal attackers you can use situationally. Raticate isn't the focus, and pretty much all the attackers can use DCE as well.

Anyone have experience with Raticate? Any thoughts on these options?

Edit: Just thought of a new one:

8) Raticate / Virizion: Raticate / Sceptile-EX: 4X4X3 Raticate Break, 2X2 Ariados, 2 Shaymin, 2 Virizion, using Virizion as a backup attacker and to revenge strike when Raticates get KOed. (I kinda like this idea actually). 

Honestly Pure or Sceptile is probably going to be your best bet. Less scattered about, but grass decks still would mess you up. I would consider one of those while trying to fit in a couple of Entei .

This is what I've landed on for now. I just beat a Mega Sceptile deck with it, but it wasn't the best player. It's not perfect by any means, but its pretty good. I may take out the Ace Trainer, cause it seems like I often go with Team Mates over Ace Trainer.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 19

3 Raticate BREAK BKP 89
4 Rattata BKP 87
4 Raticate BKP 88
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Spinarak AOR 5
2 Ariados AOR 6
2 Virizion AOR 12

Trainer Cards - 33

1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
3 Mountain Ring FFI 97