I call it....Aegitree. Suggestions?

Zefferiah

So I've been playing this since the Mew ladder and doing various tweaks since.  

I know TB is a thing once in a while so I've been trying to do my own thing with it.

The obvious basic point is to spread damage around then get a solid multi-ko with Aegislash.

Espeon's around to ko by de-evolution.

Honestly I'm not feeling the Level Balls, so I'm open to suggestions for that especially.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 18

1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
3 Honedge BKP 60
3 Doublade BKP 61
3 Aegislash BKP 62
2 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
4 Phantump BKP 64
2 Trevenant XY 55

Trainer Cards - 32

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
4 Professor's Letter XY 123
2 Wally ROS 94
1 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
4 Evosoda XY 116
2 Float Stone PLF 99
2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Level Ball NXD 89

Energy - 10

6 Psychic Energy Energy 5
4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I like the idea. Probably not the strongest attacks ever but a fun deck for sure.

Anyway, with all that Mega hitting hard for just 2 energies it's so complicated to fight against having to set up 3 or 4 of them in a stage 2.

As general, set up more than one Stage 2 (Break counts like) in a deck use to be hard. And also it's a lot of space.

As for the deck itself, your main attacker is Trevenant to finish with Aegi and eventually play Espeon after, so I would focus a little bit more in Trevenant with maybe a 3-3-3 line and running 3 Wally because your strategy it's not easy so item lock turn 1 is your ally.  [61 cards]

Dimension Valley is your best partner for this deck. You're all Psy and cuts you one set up and attack turn. Trev Break attacks for just 1 energy, Phantump ascends without it, Espeon de-evolve for free and Aegi will go for just one DCE. Add 4 stadiums to the deck! [62 cards]

Oh... what to cut so? We will have space problems for sure. We all have in every deck (LOL) so we will need to be drastic.

Professor letter is a nice card but run 4 seems a way too much. Is it so hard to get the energies, probably because you need a lot. So I would try with a pair and add two Skyla for if you need to search it specifically...? Skyla helps you to get the Stadiums too or you can get Trainers' mail to search again... [still 62 cards]

3-3-3 line of Aegi is pretty consistent although a 3-2-3 or 3-1-3 with rare candies are the same number of cards and use to be a little bit better because fasts your evolutions. With the Trevs out there rely on so much items is a risk and Aegi is a back up attacker so I would try a 2-2-2 to see if this runs. If you're fearless, 2-1-2 with one Rare candy. [59 cards]

About the Level balls, use Ultraballs, They give you the needed for sure. That's why 4 use to be played (but in water decks of course). So change 2 Level for 3 UBs [60 cards again]

If you need more a more consistent Aegi line (3-2-3 with rare candy) then I would cut Flare grunts and 1 evosoda to be still in 60.

In this deck a Lysandre would fit so much, to make active a desired opponent's to attack with Trev's Tree slam  and still hit the bench to thers nearer to be KOed, or double the damage counters in some desired pokémon. But I don't know where to cut... another Evosoda or 1 Birch...?

What do you think about?

I think you have good points for sure! I'll throw some Skyla in for sure, I was actually thinking about that for a while now.

I used Ultraballs for a while and honestly they didn't do too much for me! By the time i got them I already had out everyone i needed.

So, what do you think about cutting 2 Sycamores for 2 Lysanders? Or 1 Syc and 1 Evosoda. I almost always use Birch instead of Syc if the option is available so maybe dropping 1 wouldn't be awful. Thoughts?

Talking general all tier 1 decks run 4 Sycamore and 4 UB. This are 2 of the best cards of the format. UB gets what you want for a "minimum" pay and Sycamore gives you a new fresh and powerful hand to very good chances to get anything you need in that moment. Of course if Shaymin EX in the deck, UB it's a must. But here...

On a practical mode I use to play 3 Sycamore because of my playstyle or just 4 Sycamore but no Birch's nor Shaunas. I like to include other cards I want and I don't mind to cut 1 Sycamore if needed.

I would try cutting 1 Syca to enter 1 Lysandre. Or 1 Syc and other, yes, if you think you'll need 2 Lysandre.

If you prefer Birch's you can go with 4 Birch's and 2 Syca only. I think it's not so bad. A 3-3 it's the more balanced. That doesn't change the number of your drawing supporters so up to you.

I thought about Battle compressors. 2 Battle Compressor + 4 VS Seeker makes you get the required supporter at any moment because they are waiting for you in the discard. And also makes your pile thinner for drawing other cards I use it in my Trevenant deck to the Wallies 1st turn and use to work quite good because the Shaymins allow me to draw more cards 1st turn. I can run less supporters but the four Vs Seeker + a pair of Battle compressor make they being available. Anyway, if just with the initial hand and no extra drawing 3 or 4 Compressors would be needed. That, plus you end changing the quitted supporters for the BCs and if item locked it's bad its why I didn't' said in the post before.

Summaring: Yes, try cutting 1 Syc and 1 Evo. If problems to get the stage 2, make the Evosoda back again and cut UBs if you are not going to use them. Pokémon decks are a trial and error mode so no fear to make "strange" cuts and additions just for if...

You don't need Lysandre, at all. Your point is to silent fear then double all counters, you aren't going to need lysandre to snipe a benched pokemon, since your deck's main idea is to snipe everyone.

My changes:

-1 Espeon EX (do you even need this ? Its devolution is only useful vs rare candy stage 2, and you already hard counter Garchomp with Trev Break)
+1 Trevenant
-1 Aegislash

-3 Professor's Letter
+1 Wally
-1 Team Flare Grunt
+1 Skyla
+2 Brigette
+1 Dimension Valley
-2 Evo Sodas
-2 Level ball
+three Ultra Ball
+1 Super Rod

-3 Psychic Energy
+4 Mistery Energy
-1 DCE

I took out an aegislash because I don't think you'll ever get 3 on the field, 2 at max. Espeon-EX I took out because I think it's useless in your case. And I added 1 more Trevenant because I feel it's needed there.

With 3 Wallys, 2 Brigettes and 4 trainer's mail, is more likely you'll get a good start item locking and filling your bench. Just 1 professor's letter in case you're really low on energies which shouldn't happen often. Added Skyla to get you everything trainer you need, +1 dimension valley because the deck works 10x better with it on the field, you don't need that many evo sodas because of ultra balls. 1 Super rod for longevity. With 3 Ultra balls and 4 sycamore's, you'll eventually discard some mons and energies you'll want back.

No reason why not to run 4 Mistery energies, and you don't need 4 DCE's, 3 is enough imo.

I don't agree with the 3-2-3/3-1-3 rare candy part. The deck is slow on its own, it's gonna be needed some silent fear turns before aegislash comes out to finish the job, so you don't need to rush it.

Archived