I need help with a starting deck for a newbie

SunkilleR

Hello everyone, im starting to play this game online (because im from Venezuela and the game does not exist irl). So, i've been playing for about a week or so and its been nice with the green starter deck but i cant play on tornaments with this deck because I'll always lose against a EX poke...

I'll appriciate ur advice and maybe in the future i can return the favor somehow.

Thanks.

SunkilleR

Hey,

Welcome.  I'd suggest you start with the tutorial tournaments and earn packs or play simply with the normal base starter sets and earn packs that you can trade.  Look to "yewtube' and find some tips there aswell to build a deck.  It'll take some time to win against those "Ex people." 

Good luck! 

You can play "Theme Deck" tournaments. And the XY Basic Green deck is the best deck for Theme Tournaments IMO.

But really, you need to complete the tutorial and complete the trainer challenge all the way through. May be a little boring, but in the end you'll get a lot of cards from doing it.

Playing theme decks is a good start and entering theme deck tourneys to get you packs for cards that you need! pokemon also has many away of yioyu getting packs and certain cards via prize wheel and the ladder which  gives 2 free exs and other cards and 9 packs of the current set, the wheel can also sometimes give you packs to. Tourneys are best ways to get tradeable packs for stuff you need. Hope this helped :) 

Honestly do what everyone says and invest in a couple more theme decks. Dark Hammer is a good one, plus if you beat 12 trainers in the trainer challenge with them you get another pack

Thanks for the info people!

Now muy problem its that the Theme tournament only gives tickets, does it change sometimes?

Because i have like 50 tickets...

And a started deck with exs? I saw a********* one but its really expensive...

So far i've got 2 rs packets and 1 xy.

Tournaments and the rewards/entrance fees rotate weekly, so just wait, there will be theme tourneys soon that you pay tickets for and get packs from. That is the best way for a new player to start. Once you have a decent collection, you can easily make (hate suggesting this) Night March, Garchomp, or other competitive decks that are not too expensive to make. 

Archived