pokemon tcg flaw?

max32td

When your opponent doesnt have pokemon in their hand, we are rewarded with a card draw.

For certain players with too little basic pokemon (their special strategy), we are rewarded with lots of card draws. But its kind of upset me when my deserved rewards gets throwned away with the use of 'n' just because that fellow first to play.

That is one of the reason why N is the best supporter since the start of the B&W era. It can erase mistakes, it can aid with comebacks, and it can simply hurt your opponent while helping you. There is a decent argument that it is a broken card, but obviously the real game developers don't see it that way since it is being reprinted in Fates Collide, meaning this problem will exist in both Standard and Expanded. 

Usually I suggest ways to counter it, but in this case, there really isn't one. All you can do is use the card yourself and reap it's benefits, and accept that sometimes the other player will benefit from it much more than you.

With N coming into play, players need to change their mentality, and take nothing they got in their hand for granted. Yeah it takes away the strategy part from this game, but the creators wanted this way, we'll just have to deal with it.

With N coming into play, players need to change their mentality, and take nothing they got in their hand for granted. Yeah it takes away the strategy part from this game, but the creators wanted this way, we'll just have to deal with it.

Nothing is safe anymore ;( you can no longer plan ahead what you will do, because there is a good chance it will be gone anyway. N ruins a lot of things that would have worked. But it also has the potential to give your opponent a great hand after they had a dud hand as well. It is a double edged sword for sure. One thing to remember is that with VS Seeker in the format as well, who knows how many times N will be used... Likely in an average competitive game we will see N played 6-10 times. 

That's why I hate N over all the cards released ever. And I know it helped me to win thousands of times but there are other thousand that destroy my already won matches.

So you need to to pluck up courage and deal with it in your own deck and facing in the opponents'. More now that is coming back :(

Archived