Fates Collide

Eevee_Fairy

Can anyone confirm the claims about rotation? I don't see any official news about a rotation. I kinda wish there would be a rotation, because IMO XY Trevenant is really messing things up. Trevenant pretty much single-handedly takes Mega Mewtwo X out of the Meta, and we really need Mega Mewtwo X IMO.

I think Mega Rayquaza/Jolteon/Glaceon is going to be a big deal.

Mega Manectric/Jolteon/Glaceon may be a thing too, but I think Fighting will keep that in line. 

There are going to be so many Safeguarders that Mega Mewtwo X would really be a good deck if not for Trevenant.

If the Safeguarders are too bad I may go back to playing Mega Mewtwo X anyway, I've been running it a little again lately just for fun, and at least on PTCGO it seems that fewer people are running Trev now,  but its really still just as powerful I think people just got bored with it.

Although I can't "confirm" rotation, because what it will be has not been released, I can for sure say that every single September a rotation takes place. At least once in the past the rotation announcement was that nothing would rotate, but that has only happened I believe once, and is very likely to happen this year. But a rotation of some sorts will happen. Most speculate that it will remove the first 4 XY era sets (base, FlF, FuF, PhF), but that is just speculation. 

Yikes, I hope they don't rotate Phantom Forces! If they just Rotate XY and Flashfire :P But if they do rotate Furious Fists I guess I could deal with that, but I really hope they don't rotate Phantom Forces, that would mess up a lot of potential decks.

Regardless, I'm putting my money on Mega Rayquaza/Jolten/Glaceon. That deck is going to super expensive and super out of control, especially if Trevenant XY is gone (but even if it isn't).

Don't forget KSS. The P!P Rotations team proved that they consider it a main set (even though there are no rarity symbols) by rotating to it instead of XY Base last year. My money is in a PHF-on Standard format for 2017.

Yikes, I hope they don't rotate Phantom Forces! If they just Rotate XY and Flashfire :P But if they do rotate Furious Fists I guess I could deal with that, but I really hope they don't rotate Phantom Forces, that would mess up a lot of potential decks.

Regardless, I'm putting my money on Mega Rayquaza/Jolten/Glaceon. That deck is going to super expensive and super out of control, especially if Trevenant XY is gone (but even if it isn't).

they reprinting all the important cards from those sets why worry?

If you do, tell me. I can ingest my statement that Mega Audino is a terrible card.

Will do :P Just another thing to look forward to when code redemption returns... 

I actually own the Japanese Mega Audino EX Battle Deck. Now if only that came with a code.

Mega Audino is ok.... not the best but not the worst... its mega attack is somewhat similar to gallade but targets the bench which might make it useful against nightmarch, 3 colorless does seem like a lot though... The fact that it has a spirit link and 220 HP is kind of reassuring though, Cant really say that much about the regular Audino-EX though, that is not great at all XD

What are people's opinions on Delphox BREAK? Yes, it can be a bit of a hassle to get out, but I think it combos well with the XY and Fates Collide versions, as both use Energy to increase their damage output.

What are people's opinions on Delphox BREAK? Yes, it can be a bit of a hassle to get out, but I think it combos well with the XY and Fates Collide versions, as both use Energy to increase their damage output.

its not bad but unlike greninja it has a much slower setup and 2 retreat cost

yes it can dish out amazing damage once set up but it wont be able to heal off damage without rough seas + max potion which greninja enjoys.

imo not as flexible slow 2+3rd stage card that might see play as a supporter rather then main 

All honesty it doesn't matter what they rotate. The meta is being reprinted in a mini set anyways (As far as I know)

Nightmarch wont be hit hard, TinaToad, if anything, will get even more terrifying now, and above all Eeveelution decks will see massive play.

God I hate Jolteon Ex...

Of all the reprints this is the only one that really bothers me. I mean, I do play a lot with NM but honestly, why not let the format grow out of that? Do they want to stagnate the format so much?

Anyway, on topic: I'm very interested in Glaceon-EX. Maybe it will find some success with M Manectric and Jolteon-EX?

Oh a grill that plays nm ...but honestly..

God I hate Jolteon Ex...

Second that. All the more because its so hard to get, which is both good and bad. If ti were easier to get it would be everywhere, but as ti is it's kind of unfair because for the people who have it is a huge advantage. 

When Fates comes out I'll probably try out combinations of:

Regice/Glaceon-EX

Regice/Glaceon-EX/Jolteon-EX

Glaceon-EX/Jolteon-EX

Mega Rayquaza/Jolteon-EX

Mega Rayquaza/Jolteon-EX/Glaceon-EX

I hope that Toad and XY Trevenant rotate out so I can play Mega Mewtwo X to deal with these guys.

Second that. All the more because its so hard to get, which is both good and bad. If ti were easier to get it would be everywhere, but as ti is it's kind of unfair because for the people who have it is a huge advantage. 

When Fates comes out I'll probably try out combinations of:

Regice/Glaceon-EX

Regice/Glaceon-EX/Jolteon-EX

Glaceon-EX/Jolteon-EX

Mega Rayquaza/Jolteon-EX

Mega Rayquaza/Jolteon-EX/Glaceon-EX

I hope that Toad and XY Trevenant rotate out so I can play Mega Mewtwo X to deal with these guys.

Toad is being reprinted. Idk on XY Trevenant.

Nightmarch is going to get a massive boost from Umbreon EX as well.

Glaceon/Jolteon/Manetric is going to hit meta (It's already hit my local area) and it is a truly terrifying deck.

Toad is being reprinted. Idk on XY Trevenant.

Nightmarch is going to get a massive boost from Umbreon EX as well.

Glaceon/Jolteon/Manetric is going to hit meta (It's already hit my local area) and it is a truly terrifying deck.

I hate all these stupid lock card. I don't get it. Why so many cards that prevent play? The only thing about Mega Manectric (as opposed to Mega Rayquaza) is that Fighting weakness seems pretty bad. It looks like Fighting is going to be pretty powerful. Garchomp will still be chomping, plus lots o other new goodies. Even if Fighting loses Korrina (I think I heard its getting re-printed) Fighting will still be pretty darn powerful.

Garchomp/Regirock-EX or something like that I think would still take down Glaceon/Jolteon/Manectic I would think (I assume you mean Mega Manectric).

I hate all these stupid lock card. I don't get it. Why so many cards that prevent play?

Well, they give amateur and lousy players like me a fighting chance against all those hyperaggressive decks like Night March and M Mewtwo-Ex X

I can tell you, it's not fun losing to those decks all the time, and even if I do pull off the item lock, it doesn't necessarily guarantee me a win because my opponents sometimes draw an awesome hand.

Most of the times, I just laugh when I am finally able to retaliate against the Night March decks that have been stomping me before I got hold of Trevenant.

This is a game for kids and the most devastating tactics are often the simplest. Try running yveltal ex and energy or seismitoad. The winningest strategies are often the simplest combined with a consistent draw engine.

Tried serperior. Results underwhelming. Serperior lacks knockout power and isn't beefy enough to hang tough. It hits any decks for weakness but fails to stand up to many meta decks. If the second attack didn't have such a terrible condition or it's retreat cost were one less it would be excellent, or if it had been released one year ago it could have been world beating, but it falls flat in a world of fighting fury belt and ex pokemon with 120+ damage turn 2 attacks.

Archived