Fates Collide

Eevee_Fairy

Okay so with the new set on the horizon, I'm wondering what decks the standard format is looking towards. Plus I'm still unsure myself about what would be a good lump of cards to go for when I go to my local pre release event.

So any help/ ideas with the new set are welcome.

Just a few thing I have noticed in my initial set review:

M Alakazam EX will likely be tier 2, with the potential to be competitive with a lot of work.

Zygarde EX will be very good. It will replace Lucario EX assuming Furious Fists gets rotated. Although that would also mean the loss of Strong Energy, so it may not be a meta deck. But I would say it is worth getting 3-4. My personal favorite card in the set. 

Omaster BREAK could be the most annoying, rage-quite enducing deck in the format. Imagine pairing it with 4 Target Whistles and letting every Shaymin EX deck go up in flames. 

Umbreon EX could be the best gamble deck ever. 4 prize cards for knocking out a Mega?? That is insane! But, if your opponent isn't running and Mega's, well that's that.

Team Rocket's Handiwork will be used in all mill decks, and could be useful in Omaster BREAK decks as well. I like that it is a full art, but it won't be a staple sadly.

Mega Catcher will obviously be used with Umbreon EX, but besides that, I don't see many reasons to use it.

Some reprints like Devolution Spray and N will be used. 

Chaos Tower could make Ariados useful in many decks. 

I probably missed some obvious things, I didn't go into great detail on the non-ultra cards yet, but I am sure there will be some playable rares out there.

• Upvote 2

Strong energy is getting re-printed, and I don't think anything from XY is getting rotated yet. Fighting will be out of control.

I hadn't heard about Strong Energy reprint. That does change things a lot. But in September with rotations, the best bet is that standard will be PhF on. Although there have been years with no rotation, it sees unlikely his year that that will be the case.

I hadn't heard about Strong Energy reprint. That does change things a lot. But in September with rotations, the best bet is that standard will be PhF on. Although there have been years with no rotation, it sees unlikely his year that that will be the case.

Confirmation of the strong Energy reprint. It was in the Zygarde-EX Battle Deck.

Daaaaang, they're reprinting EVERYTHING! What's up with that?

Bored card developers. I can understand reprinting something that is not currently in Standard to bring it back, but really? was this necessary?

Edited by seminc

Makes sense that I missed it then, as I hadn't gotten this deck yet, and I don't pay all that much attention to products like that in real life. So that forsure then makes Zygarde EX a legit tier 1 deck, especially since his friend Machamp got reprinted in generations. The Lucario EX deck will basically be around for at least another year and a half. Personally, I love that, since it is one of my top 5 favorite decks. But I agree they could come up with more original ideas and reprint less old things (and this one isn't even old lol). My theory is they are quickly running out of ideas for new generations of pokemon for the games, ideas for the card game, etc. But I shall keep my theory rants to a minimum unless time proves me right. 

In short, get 3 Zygarde lol. It will be very good.

N is going to be in ALL formats now.

That makes me vomit.

Agreed. As much as I love the card, it stinks that there is no way at all to play without it now. I won't miss Standard format not including it.

I seriously hate N, but in general I don't mind the reprints. IMO, losing Strong Energy makes Fighting not Fighting any more. I'm glad they reprinted. I hope they also reprint Korrina.

I seriously hate N, but in general I don't mind the reprints. IMO, losing Strong Energy makes Fighting not Fighting any more. I'm glad they reprinted. I hope they also reprint Korrina.

Korrina was reprinted in Japan in the same set as Night March (CP4: Premium Champions Set)

Cards that I really want from this new expansión are

Fire Deck and Dark Deck

Delphox Break plus ( flaeron from generations )

moltres

umbreon Ex

Psychic Deck and Water Deck

Alakazam Ex and His Mega plus (zubat + and his evolving line)

Glaceon Ex plus ( Greninja Shuriken Yeah )

this deck will rock on

Fighting Deck and Fairy Deck

Carbink Turbo

Altaria EX and his Mega

Diancie Ex

Zygarade Ex *** PV and his Support All Cell burn 200 TECH

this deck is up to new level of fighting type deck

Dragon Deck Type

a partner to dragonite type Deck

Kingdra EX

Metal Deck and Normal Type Deck

Genest Ex

Bronzong Turbo

Lugia Turbo

Suport Cards Lifesavers

N has saved me several times why not to put at standard format the only problem that I See it's march nocturn

Chaos tower gonna blow away all decks Plants / poisions

mega cátcher plus umbreon it's gonna be a headache

Twisted Spoon will be a help instead Regice

I'm Saving 6000 tokens and more to this Waiting for 2 May

Edited by 19525840

N is going to be in ALL formats now.

That makes me vomit.

Oy. While I don't mind the card as much as some - N was a staple when I first started playing and I just grew accustomed to it - I really enjoyed how the lack of constant disruptors allowed for different gameplay mechanics and meta in Standard format. Also, it seems like N will render fairly useless several recent cards and deck builds (e.g. Steven, Noctowl/Metagross). On the other hand, N might make it slightly more difficult for fighting decks to spam Korrina/Seeker/Rare Candy for the onslaught of Machamp and Garchomp evolutions?

• Upvote 1

On the other hand, N might make it slightly more difficult for fighting decks to spam Korrina/Seeker/Rare Candy for the onslaught of Machamp and Garchomp evolutions?

Good point, I haven't really thought about that. I guess if you had a gible in play, and drew into a Korrina on turn 2 you could pull it off.
  • Upvote 2

Korrina was reprinted in Japan in the same set as Night March (CP4: Premium Champions Set)

Of all the reprints this is the only one that really bothers me. I mean, I do play a lot with NM but honestly, why not let the format grow out of that? Do they want to stagnate the format so much?

Anyway, on topic: I'm very interested in Glaceon-EX. Maybe it will find some success with M Manectric and Jolteon-EX?

Just a few thing I have noticed in my initial set review:

M Alakazam EX will likely be tier 2, with the potential to be competitive with a lot of work.

Zygarde EX will be very good. It will replace Lucario EX assuming Furious Fists gets rotated. Although that would also mean the loss of Strong Energy, so it may not be a meta deck. But I would say it is worth getting 3-4. My personal favorite card in the set. 

Omaster BREAK could be the most annoying, rage-quite enducing deck in the format. Imagine pairing it with 4 Target Whistles and letting every Shaymin EX deck go up in flames. 

Umbreon EX could be the best gamble deck ever. 4 prize cards for knocking out a Mega?? That is insane! But, if your opponent isn't running and Mega's, well that's that.

Team Rocket's Handiwork will be used in all mill decks, and could be useful in Omaster BREAK decks as well. I like that it is a full art, but it won't be a staple sadly.

Mega Catcher will obviously be used with Umbreon EX, but besides that, I don't see many reasons to use it.

Some reprints like Devolution Spray and N will be used. 

Chaos Tower could make Ariados useful in many decks. 

I probably missed some obvious things, I didn't go into great detail on the non-ultra cards yet, but I am sure there will be some playable rares out there.

Man you forgot Glaceon-EX and Carbink as well as Carbink Break XD

Man you forgot Glaceon-EX and Carbink as well as Carbink Break XD

Glaceon EX I see, and literally just forgot it. 

The reason I didn't include Carbink Break is becuase I was thinking, wrongly of course, that Carbink was stage 1, meaning the break would be slow to set up. That was just a laps in memory and it defenitely should have been included. 

So, you are very correct for calling me out on missing these two cards lol. They will both be staples (maybe not Glaceon.. we will see. 

Glaceon EX I see, and literally just forgot it. 

The reason I didn't include Carbink Break is becuase I was thinking, wrongly of course, that Carbink was stage 1, meaning the break would be slow to set up. That was just a laps in memory and it defenitely should have been included. 

So, you are very correct for calling me out on missing these two cards lol. They will both be staples (maybe not Glaceon.. we will see. 

Glaceon might be good with Jolteon EX as an attacking substitute for archeops and might do well with Jolteon ex, and the 2 carbinks are great XD One has safeguard which is huge in this format with all the ex's and off the top of my head I can't remember the other one though, it is a great tech XD Carbink Break though will be sooooo op with safeguard, and the attack power to give 2 more energies, not just basic!

Glaceon might be good with Jolteon EX as an attacking substitute for archeops and might do well with Jolteon ex, and the 2 carbinks are great XD One has safeguard which is huge in this format with all the ex's and off the top of my head I can't remember the other one though, it is a great tech XD Carbink Break though will be sooooo op with safeguard, and the attack power to give 2 more energies, not just basic!

I completely agree. As someone who runs a large amount of fighting decks (mainly Lucario EX), I am not super excited for Carbink/BREAK, as well as the reprints :D

I am really looking forward for basic mew fates collide, it will enchance greatly my night march deck.

I been saving my trainer points for future mass purchase of fates collide. Bout 7000 points already.

I wonder if trainer tokens have any max limit

I am really looking forward for basic mew fates collide, it will enchance greatly my night march deck.

I been saving my trainer points for future mass purchase of fates collide. Bout 7000 points already.

I wonder if trainer tokens have any max limit

The current Trainer Token cap is 25000, but some individuals have gotten to 25001 due to a stack overflow glitch.

Can anyone confirm the claims about rotation? I don't see any official news about a rotation. I kinda wish there would be a rotation, because IMO XY Trevenant is really messing things up. Trevenant pretty much single-handedly takes Mega Mewtwo X out of the Meta, and we really need Mega Mewtwo X IMO.

I think Mega Rayquaza/Jolteon/Glaceon is going to be a big deal.

Mega Manectric/Jolteon/Glaceon may be a thing too, but I think Fighting will keep that in line. 

There are going to be so many Safeguarders that Mega Mewtwo X would really be a good deck if not for Trevenant.

If the Safeguarders are too bad I may go back to playing Mega Mewtwo X anyway, I've been running it a little again lately just for fun, and at least on PTCGO it seems that fewer people are running Trev now,  but its really still just as powerful I think people just got bored with it.