Game Timer vs. unskippable Animations

scenia

I just lost a tournament match in a slow matchup because my game timer ran down while I was helplessly watching, unable to do anything as I was waiting for my opponent's Supporter to resolve, the poison damage animation to occur, my card floating into my hand, all costing me about 5-10 seconds each turn (depending on the Supporter). The game was in total stalemate and I was winning because I had 12 cards left in my deck vs. his 1, but since he had the cards to stall a couple of turns, my remaining game time of 30 seconds wasn't enough to win the game even though I clickspammed the area where the end turn button appears. I literally clicked end turn as soon as I could for 5 straight turns and still lost to my timer running down.

This is a serious issue because it means slow decks are barely playable in tournaments. I really wouldn't mind if I had just mismanaged my time, but I didn't. Especially when coupled with the dreadfully slow animations of Energy or damage transfer abilities, this "dead time" effectively means you cannot win a game in a slow matchup including lock decks such as Gothitelle/Accelgor or ************** possibly even an Energy trans deck such as Aromatisse, Hydreigon or BLW Klingklang unless you're the favored deck and can just setup and stall.

Either way, the players' game time shouldn't run down while the respective player is unnable to act and is merely waiting for some game effect or animation to finally happen. Either let us turn off animations or pause the game timer while they're wasting out precious time.

was the timer stuck at after it reached 00:00? If so quit the game without conceding, then restart it, it happens a lot and this is one way of fixing that

Archived