Deck Sharing

Photrius

Why is it an option to turn off this?  There's little as frustrating in this game as seeing that button greyed out after a loss.  I can't go in and figure out why I lost, did they just get good draws, did I see the breadth of their strategy or did they have more tricks they didn't even need to use?  I would perhaps understand deck secrecy in a hyper competitive situation, but this isn't such a setting (and even in such settings, every game you play lets more players see more of your deck, so it doesn't really stay secret for long).

Since the deck is his/her, he/she has the option to show it, or not. Like everything I own IRL. I'll show it to others if I want to, it's wrong to force something like that. It's common sense imo.

Under settings you can decide who can see your deck after a match. I like it how it is. I don't really want people to look at my decks after matches, so I have it set to friends only. As FlaFlaPT said, it is just like real life, which is what this game strives to be. 

Since the deck is his/her, he/she has the option to show it, or not. Like everything I own IRL. I'll show it to others if I want to, it's wrong to force something like that. It's common sense imo.

But this isn't IRL, and I sincerely doubt your ability to justify calling it "wrong" to not have an option to turn off deck-sharing.

Under settings you can decide who can see your deck after a match. I like it how it is. I don't really want people to look at my decks after matches, so I have it set to friends only. As FlaFlaPT said, it is just like real life, which is what this game strives to be. 

I know you can.  If I didn't know this, I wouldn't have made the thread.  Please explain why you don't want people to look at your deck.

It's wrong because the deck may be something that you created, therefore, you own it and have the legit right to deny that intel to others. Why are you even discussing this ?  :lol:

It's wrong because the deck may be something that you created, therefore, you own it and have the legit right to deny that intel to others. Why are you even discussing this ?  :lol:

Maybe because he doesn't know the reason that people hide their decks is because of what you said :P Also some people like tubers of the you that make videos want to keep the deck sharing off because they would not want to distribute the deck before the actual video

I'm pretty sure PTCGO owns our decks, our deck lists, and all our cards.  Please read your EULAs more closely.

I'm pretty sure PTCGO owns our decks, our deck lists, and all our cards.  Please read your EULAs more closely.

You are correct, PTCGO Does own everything that is in the game, but what they don't own is our Ideas which is an option that we may or may not share

I wasn't talking about the bites and bytes that the game is made of obviously (you're out of arguments to support your cause ?). TCGO (or anyone for that matter) doesn't own my ideas, creations and stupidities. They're mine, and it's up to me to reveal or hide them. Try to counter-argument that in the next post please.

The moment you input "your ideas" into PTCGO, they own it.  I'm sorry this upsets you.  But that's how this stuff works.  Please go educate yourself on License agreements.

They may own the deck lists, as well as everything that you input into the game, but as they are trying to emulate real life, they give you the option to not show your deck list to others. You are not required to show your opponent your Decks at the end of a match in real life. I personally ONLY share my deck lists in Friend Battle mode.

Now, having said my piece, I am going to leave this discussion before it degrades into a pointless flame war.

Good day,

seminc

They may own the deck lists, as well as everything that you input into the game, but as they are trying to emulate real life, they give you the option to not show your deck list to others. You are not required to show your opponent your Decks at the end of a match in real life. I personally ONLY share my deck lists in Friend Battle mode.

Now, having said my piece, I am going to leave this discussion before it degrades into a pointless flame war.

Good day,

seminc

Well, I would ask why you feel compelled to hide your deck (which, by the way, no one has actually answered with anything that doesn't boil down to  "BECAUSE!"), but you're already gone. Nice how the forum doesn't emulate real life and lets you just peace out uncontestedly, huh?

Even though PTCGO owns everything. They do support, that they don't share it with other players do they ? So that doesn't matter. What matters is what I created, I have the full right to allow who is gonna see it and who isn't. Since I agreed terms and conditions of PTCGO, with my own choice in conscientiousness I am allowing them to see, but I don't want you or other players to see. This is completely legit, otherwise everyone will end up copying good decks, which someone made on his own and DOESN'T want to share. 

I hope that clears why there is such an option.

If you want to know anything, there is an option called as "Game Chat" where you can respectfully ask the player about this deck. I use this feature all the time. Helps make new friends and gives a level to new ideas.

I know you can.  If I didn't know this, I wouldn't have made the thread.  Please explain why you don't want people to look at your deck.

I don't want people to be able to view my deck for a very simple reason. It is my deck, not theirs. If they want to base a deck off of what they saw from mine, very well. I encourage that. If they want to ask me personally about my deck, I am more than willing to share decklists and strategies with anyone. But I would much rather keep the unique workings of my decks to myself rather than having anyone be allowed to see it. If they want a copy paste deck, there are literally thousands out there. 

So it's that control and ego boost you want. You can't stand the idea of someone not having to prostrate themselves before almighty you to improve their game. Charming.

EDIT:  Good grief, why is that word filtered...

Well, that went from discussion of opinions to calling me personally egocentric. I'm sure you know that is not allowed on the forums, because it serves absolutely no purpose. This is an open thread in a discussion forum, so calling someone egocentric because their opinion differs from yours hardly seems productive.

It has nothing to do with ego, it is simply preference.

Now that I have clearly stated my opinion and my reasoning for it, what is your reasoning? You said that you had heard no reasons besides "because." I gave mine. Now what are your arguments besides "because I want to see other's decks" ?

Well, that went from discussion of opinions to calling me personally egocentric. I'm sure you know that is not allowed on the forums, because it serves absolutely no purpose. This is an open thread in a discussion forum, so calling someone egocentric because their opinion differs from yours hardly seems productive.

It has nothing to do with ego, it is simply preference.

Now that I have clearly stated my opinion and my reasoning for it, what is your reasoning? You said that you had heard no reasons besides "because." I gave mine. Now what are your arguments besides "because I want to see other's decks" ?

In before "Keep quiet you egotistic maniac! I demand to see your deck to make my game better whether you like it or not QQ"That's pretty much all I see coming from this so this thread is becoming pointless.

End statement: deck sharing is our option to choose not our option to be forced upon as decided by the pokemon tcgo company themselves. If you have a problem with non deck sharing I think you are arguing with the wrong people, it should be the game developers and not the players themselves. 

You are correct, PTCGO Does own everything that is in the game, but what they don't own is our Ideas which is an option that we may or may not share

THIS.

So it's that control and ego boost you want. You can't stand the idea of someone not having to prostrate themselves before almighty you to improve their game. Charming.

EDIT:  Good grief, why is that word filtered...

Improve your game by play testing, not by copying every deck you lose to. You sound like a spoiled little twit. Go play the game and learn. Nobody has to hand you a deck because you cannot come up with a winning strategy of your own.

Improve your game by play testing, not by copying every deck you lose to. You sound like a spoiled little twit. Go play the game and learn. Nobody has to hand you a deck because you cannot come up with a winning strategy of your own.

Creativity is key. Make a deck yourself, even if you must base it off what you see from others. If not, there are thousands of deck lists on this very forum for everyone's use. 

I am also still waiting for a response from (the player whom you quoted whom I will not name), because I honestly want to see what the other side of this is. But basically the argument has been "because I want to see their deck" vs "I don't want them  to see my deck." If you want something changed, you need logic and evidence that change would be better than the current system. As it stands, the current system seems to be completely fine, and dare I say bug and problem free. 

Hi guys,

Though I respect your opinions and can understand some merit in discussion, this topic is getting heated and doesn't seem to be going in a productive direction. Therefor, I'll be closing it from this point. 

Thanks for understanding.

Archived