Android Phone - Working Phones list

Panda_Greg

To better help the developers, I believe that those of us that have tested the app on an "incompatible, non-tablet Android device" and got it working without issues should post our Android phone model and operating system version so that the developers will know to whitelist the devices and allow other players with those models to download the app from Google Play.

Disclaimer:  We realize that the app is intended for tablets only.  We also realize that it is up to the development team as to whether or not they decide to start whitelisting devices.  Because our devices are not "officially supported", we realize that we may not be able to receive help from the developers if the app breaks on our devices.  The goal of this post is to help others that want to play the game to be able to have access to the game.

My phone info:

Nexus 5

Android Version 6.0.1

It works good on my phone too. Actually it is more reliable than the PC client. On PC, I couldn't start some battle with the newly unlocked AI trainers, but I can do this on my phone.

Doogee X5 Pro

Samsung Edge 6+ , android version 5.1.1 - works like a charm. Much smoother than the PC client. No crashing.

Motorola Razr HD, android version Cyanogen Mod - some minor graphic issues with certain attacks, otherwise working fine. No crashing.

Works on Nexus 6P (Marshmallow) too but the game works on Android, tablet or not.

The restriction is not there because the game could not work on phones, it's there because some phones don't have a screen big enough for the game.

Works on Nexus 6P (Marshmallow) too but the game works on Android, tablet or not.

The restriction is not there because the game could not work on phones, it's there because some phones don't have a screen big enough for the game.

Also because the hardware on tablets is typically more robust than a phone. I have a coby 5inch tablet that can install the game from the playstore but can't run it. Where's the logic there?

To better help the developers, I believe that those of us that have tested the app on an "incompatible, non-tablet Android device" and got it working without issues should post our Android phone model and operating system version so that the developers will know to whitelist the devices and allow other players with those models to download the app from Google Play.

Disclaimer:  We realize that the app is intended for tablets only.  We also realize that it is up to the development team as to whether or not they decide to start whitelisting devices.  Because our devices are not "officially supported", we realize that we may not be able to receive help from the developers if the app breaks on our devices.  The goal of this post is to help others that want to play the game to be able to have access to the game.

My phone info:

Nexus 5

Android Version 6.0.1

That's exactly my device + Android Version ^^

I'm using a Galaxy Note 5 to run the game that was suposed to be a phablet, but I need to find the apk by my own method and install it, because the Google Play don't recognize my phone as a phablet. I don't know how I will manage to install the patches in the future but for now, the game is running perfectly fine!

M1zzl3 reporting.

Running PTCGO with absolutly no issues on a ************** NOTE 3.

Also hoping for PHONE compatibility for future updates/patches.

Come on pokemon company... our phones and our money is just as good as anybody else's. Lets get this thing going yeah.

OnePlus One on CM13 (marshmallow).

Works about 99.9%. Issue with special energy cards not showing up when they're in my hand, but there's a space (literally a blank spot) where they should go

How do I go ahead and install on my phone if Google play store tells me I can't? My phone had the same O S as my tablet on which it runs excellent BTW. Finally something decently done by development team.

Works fine on my Galaxy Note 5 with 3 issues:

1. QR Code Reader does not want to auto focus. This is probably a device issue as auto focus fails to focus on targets within an inch from the camera. My suggestion: Add 2 buttons; Manual Focus & Flashlight.

2. Occasionally I have trouble getting the game to respond because it loses it connection to the server. Most of the time I get the Yellow Wifi Icon with a ? in it on the bottom right corner and very seldomly I get a Red X Wifi Icon. I will test more on this later today and edit my post with the results.

Edit: I'm back and it seemed to be a server-side issue. I no longer have this issue.

3. S-Pen does not fully work. Dragging and dropping cards as well as click and hold to inspect cards works as intended, however click on buttons, such as the End Turn button, results in nothing, except for the sound effect. I must tap these buttons with my finger.

Additionally, to those of you that do not know how to get the apk, I have written up a tutorial on how to get it yourself.

At the top-left of this page, click on in order:

"Pokémon TCG Online Forums" >

"Android Tablet Beta Test Discussion" >

"Regarding Android Phones" (Pinned) >

Page 2 Post 36.

I would link you directly, but these forums auto-censor even it's own forum's links. 

Finally, if you don't want to go thru all that hassle, just pm me and I'll send you my copy that I obtained using the method in the tutorial mentioned above.

Works on galaxy S5

Was Working on Most Recent Firmware Update

as beta said the camera is wonky with focusing on codes,

i also noticed a weird glitch with the wi-fi that i had to uninstall and reinstall the entire thing to fix it

just my two cents

Worked fine with my prepaid $100 ZTE zmax 2 running Android 5.1. Well, until the update. Looking for that updated apk

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Moto G 2015

tested and working on android 5.1 and 6.0.1

works sideloading apk and rooting to install folder mount so you can move the game files to external sd

works sideloading apk and installing sd as internal memory

Archived