Effort Over Purchase?

Kazuma89

In the future will there be more than basic decks that u can unlock thru winning a lot of battles such as points for boosters,theme decks,singles etc?

There are plenty of discussions about this. The point the people asking for cards for effort need to make is how this site is going to make money if they just give the cards away free.

I understand that the site needs to provide some sort of income, but providing only three or four starter decks to start with seems ridiculous, and isn't much incentive for me to continue playing. I wouldn't mind if buying boosters or cards with tokens was very expensive and difficult, as long as it was an option. Providing more ways to get an enjoyable experience without having to pay will ultimately bring in more people as friends tell their friends and so on, which creates more potential customers for the content that remains premium.

It could be implemented in a way that certain packs can only be gotten by redeeming codes from real packs, or certain cards are omitted from the set if you buy using tokens that you earn through free gameplay. Another possibility would be to have boosters that cost a very high amount of tokens and only provide half the amount of cards, providing a way to play for free but still plenty of incentive for people to continue to buy real cards.

I would doubt that real-life card sales would drop much, if at all, if there was a way to obtain free digital cards, simply due to the fact that most of the people buying the packs and redeeming codes now are collectors in real life anyway, to some extent.

In return of gaining profit, the game would get stronger community by giving out freebies.

Which one is a better game:

A game where everybody can play compettively, but those who have made purchases can get extra cake in the competition (more boosters, fancy decorations & coins) OR a game where everybody need to buy real life boosters, that those who play casually should stick with basic RGB and Yellow. I don't mind sticking to those in TC though. But at least sell a booster for tokens, please?

Archived