HGSS/CoL - Holo vs Reverse-Holo value?

JimBobIII

I'm looking to get rid of a handful of duplicate legacy rares, something I probably should've done back when they started adding those packs to the tourney rewards. Is there any particular difference in value for a reverse-holo version of a rare or holo rare card? I would assume they're slightly harder to get a hold of, but I've also never actually seen stats on the drop rates.

Imo it's almost the same.

Even though rev holo should be a little more valuable as harder to pull, the value it's not a lot more. Maybe you can ask for 1-2 packs more as much. As the holo looks nice  anyway (and better because some rev holo are almost impossible to see it shine and usually the holos look great), some or most of the people won't pay too much more for a rev instead of a holo.

Summaring:

If a card is rare non holo always, the rev holo will cost more. This happens a lot with commons and uncommons as they usually don't have holo version.

if a card is always rare holo, the rev holo value is (should be) practically the same.

if a card have standard are, rare holo and (of course, all the cards have) rev holo, the standard rare will cost less than the holo and rev holo.

if a card have standard rare, rare holo and (of course, all the cards have) rev holo, the standard rare will cost less than the holo and rev holo.

This is only true if the Standard Rare is the card you can actually pull from the set. In these circumstances, there is a regular version, a theme deck version, and a rev holo version.

The theme deck version is always worth the most :)

Archived