Option to turn profanity on

WildfireInferno

I'm not even sure what to say in response... 

To put it simply, this is a game intended for young audiences, and you think it is a good idea be able to swear and use profane language?

To each his own I guess...

I'm not even sure what to say in response... 

To put it simply, this is a game intended for young audiences, and you think it is a good idea be able to swear and use profane language?

To each his own I guess...

No. just no.

Agreed, why would this ever add anything to the game? 

I think the censorship should be eased so that some mild phrases can be used...

For example, can anyone explain why

"You could run [the evolution of Kirlia that isn't Gardevoir]" would be censored?

Wildfireinferno. The troll Pokemon. Wildfireinferno likes to go onto Internet forums and suggest ridiculous ideas. Despite its name, it has no fire-based attacks.

I think the censorship should be eased so that some mild phrases can be used...

For example, can anyone explain why

"You could run [the evolution of Kirlia that isn't Gardevoir]" would be censored?

Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to the proper channels for review.

I think the suggestion provided by eevee was forwarded and not what the OP said !

While I do think this idea is too risky to implement, I'm not sure if you guys actually understand what this suggestion is.

They have it on another site I go to. It works like this:

People can say whatever they want. IF somebody has profanity filters turned on (which is default), then all the curse words get censored automatically. Only if someone goes into the Settings and turns their profanity filters OFF, then they can see uncensored posts.

It works pretty well on the other site I go to. It would be really hard to do here though. On these Forums, it would be fine since only random words in the middle of sentences get censored by asterixes (***), but it wouldn't really work at all in Game Chat where the whole message is replaced by that smiling emoji.

Yes I need the profanity to be bloody on now. Why? Because the damage swap (mewtwo EX) failed to work! I am **** sure there were no trainers, powers whatever that were on to prevent that. What a stinking BUG!

As I type here I am waiting for a stalling **** to finish her turn. The countdown timer was long ended and yet I have not been granted the Win! ***

Hello Trainers,

Just to reiterate that the Pokémon TCG Online is a place for all players, the young and the young at heart.  While we understand that no one likes to be censored, we ask that all chat in the game be profanity free.  If you feel you must engage in the use of profanity, please do it elsewhere.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

Archived