Help with Y.Z.G.

FurryGah777

Hey all, I've been lurking here for a little while to try to get the feel of deck building. Here's one of the decks I've been working on, Y.Z.G. (Yveltal Zoroark Gallade). It's been working okay so far, but I've had issues with strong or really bulky Pokemon. I also don't have Shaymin EX, and I doubt anything I have for trade will amount to the 2 Shaymin I need. Anyway, here's the deck list, constructive criticism and comments are welcome.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 12

1 Yveltal GEN 116
1 Yveltal BKT 94
2 Yveltal XY 78
2 Yveltal-EX PR-XY XY08
2 Zorua XY 72
2 Zoroark BKT 91
2 Gallade BKT 84

Trainer Cards - 36

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Lysandre FLF (Ninety)
(Four) Acro Bike PRC 122
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Xerosic PHF 110
1 Judge BKT 143
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 133
2 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Muscle Band XY 121
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 12

8 Darkness Energy XYEnergy 1
4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Any time yo want to play Maxies it's best to include 4 Ulrta Ball, 1 Professor's Letter, and 2-4 Maintenance. Also, I'd switch the Acro Bikes for Max Elixir. 

Honestly, though, if I were you I'd at least try a version without Gallade and Maxies. Just run basically what you have, except put in 3 EXs, and 1 Zoroark Break.

Then revise your Trainers. Put in 4 Max Elixir, and do various other stuff to make it more rational without running Maxies. Personally I don't think Maxies > Gallade is worth it. 

I really appreciate your input, but I'm not a fan of Maintenance, and Gallade has been working well for me so far, so I think I'll stick with it for now. I made some changes and put the updated deck list in the OP.

Gallade can be the deciding factor in many games, ohko on Shaymin, turning around matches against the very fast Mega Manectric, which also easily kos Zoroark also with assault laser when float stone is equipped, a virtual auto loss. The same engine can be used in expanded with *********** and one Archeops, making it nearly unbeatable: Archeops cripples any deck except Yzg and night march and gallade wrecks lightning decks. I'd consider Max Elixir seriously though, it's an excellent substitute for acro bike, which sometimes isn't great... I like to bring Seismitoad Ex, since you can pivot him ********** with Zoroark and really mess up someone else's game, the option is certainly worth say, one acro bike.

The best advice I think would be to give up on muscle band, Fighting whatever belt is awesome, imagine the horror of playing against a 220 hp seismitoad, or a 210 hp yveltal. Gross.

I like the Seismitoad idea. I'll give Belt a chance, but the reason I like Muscle Band is because it can also be equipped to Zoroark and the extra damage could be clutch.

Drop the acro for 4 Elixirs (Acros are too chancy when it comes to discarding a random deck card)

Drop 1 Sycamore and 1 Battle Compressor for either 2 Fighting Fury Belts or 2 Headringers.

You're biggest problem isn't the opponents bulky cards, it's your lack of disruption and resources to counter-play.

3-4 Elixir will allow you to get some energy onto benched pokemon quicker than attaching. 2 Fighting Fury Belts make Yveltal EX a 210 wall that dishes out unholy amounts of damage (Hence why he's the Legendary of Destruction).

4 Compressors only works with the Queen's March. 4 in your deck will clog pretty horribly. 3 is still high but if you rely on them then go for it.

I suggested Headringers because 90% of the meta is EX-built decks. "Oh hey, that's a nice Seismitoad. I'd be a shame if someone headringered it" and now your opponent has to sacrifice a DCE or another basic energy.

I highly suggest Headringers over Fighting Fury belts, but it's whatever you deem appropriate for your deck. They also prevent the opponent from getting FFB or MB on their pokemon.

I like having 4 battle compressor and 4 vs seeker. If maxie 's can't be done on turn 1 it can get you a sycamore. I think they're important for consistency. Ffb really improves the night March match-up. Head ringer can be less valuable with decks like raikou and greninja out there and of course N M.

It still makes for a good ultra ball in those cases but Ffb is useful in every match-up.

Anyways a muscle band Ffb split isn't terrible either

Zoroark is so good with float stone you would really rather not be attacking with it anyhow. I could see opting for muscle band if you ran more or a Zoroark break maybe. I agree with your sentiment on maintenance. You can't control the card you draw.

I think the control aspect of this deck is the versatility of attacker and disruption comes in the form of diverse weakness and resistance and the mobility provided by Zoroark with float stone. Thoughts?

Archived