Instant Win VS AI

jefejefejefe

I haven't played the online TCG for many years, but I decided to check it out today.  I found this hilarious:

19. It is now Ali's turn (Turn #2).
    20. Ali drew a card.
    21. Ali played Super Scoop Up.
    22. Ali flipped 1 coins resulting in 1 heads and 0 tails, for Super Scoop Up.

Ali had no damage, and nothing on the bench.  Why would the the computer do something that results in an instant loss?  I assume it's programmed to play whatever trainer cards it has at the beginning of the match?

I saw a bunch of other really bad moves today, like using professor oak (whatever the modern version is) before playing any other cards, sending pokemon with no energy attached when a more powerful one with full energy is on the bench, or sending out a pokemon that is weak to the active opponent, instead of one that is neutral.

I haven't played the online TCG for many years, but I decided to check it out today.  I found this hilarious:

Ali had no damage, and nothing on the bench.  Why would the the computer do something that results in an instant loss?  I assume it's programmed to play whatever trainer cards it has at the beginning of the match?

I saw a bunch of other really bad moves today, like using professor oak (whatever the modern version is) before playing any other cards, sending pokemon with no energy attached when a more powerful one with full energy is on the bench, or sending out a pokemon that is weak to the active opponent, instead of one that is neutral.

Well the thing is, these mistakes seem obvious, but it's simply hard to program a strong AI. The coding required for all the scenarios is just too much and too complex, and it is simply not easy to create a "smart" AI. Even if certain moves seem obvious to humans, programming them into a computer is much harder than it seems.

Archived