Need help building a deck

duelingxyzwwe12

i have started playing TCG online for like 1 and a half week i bought some codes ( around 25) and entered them i also played lots of matches and got packs ( around 20) I opened them and i got lots of ex'es. I made a deck out of Mewtwo ex,Espeon Ex and Gayrodos ex But i lose a lot can some one help me build a deck out of those? Also i am looking for Kyogere ex trading booster packs for them.

Cards for trade:

Houndoom ex.

Breakpoint boosterpacks.

Glalie Ex

Shaymin EX

I have lots more cards but the game is down right now so i will update it when it goes up.

I would suggest you to check out some decks that are out there and see and you like more. It's important to play something that you enjoy playing and not based in what you got in packs. The Shaymin EX that you have for trade is almost worth an entire decent deck.

Forget about Kyogere EX, don't even try to build a deck around that. 

Keep your Shaymin, it's one of the most important card you can have and it will be difficult to get a new one later when you realize you need it. 

Cards aren't good just because they are EXs and in fact EXs can lose you games faster than anything. Staring out you should just build your collection and play with non-EX decks IMO. Try to get 3 or 4 Garchomps and play Garchomp for a while. 

rgp151, on 12 Apr 2016 - 1:03 PM, said: Forget about Kyogere EX, don't even try to build a deck around that. Keep your Shaymin, it's one of the most important card you can have and it will be difficult to get a new one later when you realize you need it. Cards aren't good just because they are EXs and in fact EXs can lose you games faster than anything. Staring out you should just build your collection and play with non-EX decks IMO. Try to get 3 or 4 Garchomps and play Garchomp for a while.
How do i get a garchomp and my shaymen ex is a grass one not the colorless one.

Nevermind, it doesn't have nowhere near the value of colorless shaymin. xD 

You should really build a deck for your enjoyment and not follow a blind idea but whatever. The Garchomp he's talking about is the BreakThrough one, you get it by trading packs or cards (but mostly packs) in the trade ingame server or in a trade company.

I would suggest you to check out some decks that are out there and see and you like more. It's important to play something that you enjoy playing and not based in what you got in packs. The Shaymin EX that you have for trade is almost worth an entire decent deck.

Thank you i build a deck i like and i have been wining with it.

PTCG is based in what works and what not.

The collection is one thing. Tue competitive play is another different one.

Decks out there that are driving the game are:

Garchomp's

Trevenant (XY) Break (Item lock)

M Manectric EX + pals

Dark decks (Yveltal EX and more)

Greninja Break

Eventually M Mewtwo Y

About Kyogre EX, is possible, with Swampert (AT) and others. Better in Expanded mode with Blastoise and Archie's Ace in the hole. But actually never dominated the game even though you can get a nice W/L ratio..

Another way to start introducing itself in the competitive play is Lucario EX fighting decks. Fighting is quite easy to play. You can get some valuable fighting cards from the Dark Hammer theme deck and use it to build a custom.

Getting the shop 500 coins theme decks you'll get a lot of valuable trainers+some supporter pokémon to build custom decks.

Korrina and Landorus are in Dark Hammer

The core of any Fairy deck is in Resilient life + a Sycamore

Supporter Yveltal come in Destruction rush

Wave Slasher + XY Basic blue (you already got it) are perfect to build a Greninja Break.

You can get Wally in Electric Eye or Night Striker that comes also with a Skyla...

This all are "free". 500 gifted by the game coins is actually nothing. And you can get a huge amount of staple trainers+other useful pokémon. Just check the theme deck lists somewhere in the net and get the ones that contain what you look for.

So at the end, 3 Lucario EX + Landorus, Hawlucha (FUF), 4x Korrina, Fighting energies, Muscle Bands or FFbelts will hit hard quite fast without a complicated strategy.

Completing 4 stars Trainer challenges will give you +30 locked packs .

Open all locked packs you get (Vs ladder, daily log in, fortune wheel, and other rewards) and save the not locked ones to trade for EX and other cards you need.

Check companies prices in forums (at least 3 of them) to have an accurate idea of the value of any card and also check public trades. Get it from the cheaper place, build something you like.and enjoy :D

Chasista, on 13 Apr 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

PTCG is based in what works and what not.

The collection is one thing. Tue competitive play is another different one.

Decks out there that are driving the game are:

Garchomp's

Trevenant (XY) Break (Item lock)

M Manectric EX + pals

Dark decks (Yveltal EX and more)

Greninja Break

Eventually M Mewtwo Y

About Kyogre EX, is possible, with Swampert (AT) and others. Better in Expanded mode with Blastoise and Archie's Ace in the hole. But actually never dominated the game even though you can get a nice W/L ratio..

Another way to start introducing itself in the competitive play is Lucario EX fighting decks. Fighting is quite easy to play. You can get some valuable fighting cards from the Dark Hammer theme deck and use it to build a custom.

Getting the shop 500 coins theme decks you'll get a lot of valuable trainers+some supporter pokémon to build custom decks.

Korrina and Landorus are in Dark Hammer

The core of any Fairy deck is in Resilient life + a Sycamore

Supporter Yveltal come in Destruction rush

Wave Slasher + XY Basic blue (you already got it) are perfect to build a Greninja Break.

You can get Wally in Electric Eye or Night Striker that comes also with a Skyla...

This all are "free". 500 gifted by the game coins is actually nothing. And you can get a huge amount of staple trainers+other useful pokémon. Just check the theme deck lists somewhere in the net and get the ones that contain what you look for.

So at the end, 3 Lucario EX + Landorus, Hawlucha (****************, Fighting energies, Muscle Bands or FFbelts will hit hard quite fast without a complicated strategy.

Completing 4 stars Trainer challenges will give you +30 locked packs .

Open all locked packs you get (Vs ladder, daily log in, fortune wheel, and other rewards) and save the not locked ones to trade for EX and other cards you need.

Check companies prices in forums (at least 3 of them) to have an accurate idea of the value of any card and also check public trades. Get it from the cheaper place, build something you like.and enjoy :D

Thank You. I will, but the NPC are quite annoying and its not fun as playing against real people.

Archived