Kyurem EX/ Ariados/ Dragalge Deck

DotCopple44

Think about it, Kyurem Ex will not allow the opponent to attack next turn, but the problem with that strategy alone is that they can retreat and then the effect wears off. Use Ariados’s ability to poison both actives (trust me, its worth it), and then use Dragalge’s ability to not allow the opponent to retreat. It is foolproof

Actually its not too big of a deal if they retreat because you can typically KO them with his first attack on the bench. This is why the best way to run Kyurem-EX is with Muscle Band, because 130+20 = 150, and 150+30 = 180, so you can still KO most stuff.

Also, a much "cheaper" version of this, which I DO use with Kyurem/Palkia is to simply run Team Aqua's Secret Base, which ads 1 to the retreat cost. I then run Manaphy of course so I'm not effected. It's not quite as solid a retreat lock as Dragalge/Ariados, but all it requires is 3 cards (assuming you run 3 copies of the stadium), and its good enough. 

Actually its not too big of a deal if they retreat because you can typically KO them with his first attack on the bench. This is why the best way to run Kyurem-EX is with Muscle Band, because 130+20 = 150, and 150+30 = 180, so you can still KO most stuff.

Also, a much "cheaper" version of this, which I DO use with Kyurem/Palkia is to simply run Team Aqua's Secret Base, which ads 1 to the retreat cost. I then run Manaphy of course so I'm not effected. It's not quite as solid a retreat lock as Dragalge/Ariados, but all it requires is 3 cards (assuming you run 3 copies of the stadium), and its good enough. 

Or just run Raticate Break + Ariados.

Or just run Raticate Break + Ariados.

That's a completely different deck than works completely differently. It really isn't relevant here.

Raticate BREAK decks are glass cannon gimmick decks. While they are powerful, it is hard to keep running with them as your Raticates get taken down.

The point of Kyurem-EX is to be a fairly powerful attacker that disrupts your opponent by preventing them from attacking without switching.

Archived