Help out my Luxray BREAK deck?

Lahlia

Hi!

I have a lot of fun with this deck, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to take it into tournaments yet. It still plays weird sometimes. Any and all help appreciated!

Pokémon - 13

2 Luxray BREAK BKP 47
4 Shinx BKP 44
3 Luxio BKP 45
2 Luxray BKP 46
1 Stunfisk BKT 56
1 Voltorb ROS 21

Trainer Cards - 33

3 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
2 Rough Seas PRC 137
3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
2 Professor's Letter XY 123
3 Wally ROS 94
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
1 Brigette BKT 134
3 Evosoda XY 116
2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
3 Switch KSS 38
3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
1 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 14

10 Lightning Energy Energy 4
4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

The two major things that stick out immediately are Voltorb and Stunfisk. Those should probably be removed, and replaced with something better, maybe a couple Manectric-EX?

Unless of course, Voltorb and Stunfisk serve a purpose in this deck that I don't recognize, in which case I will eat a Voltorb card and a Stunfisk card as punishment for my stupidity.

Some people use Stunfisk as a revenge killer, but it's not that great IMO. It has one of those attacks that is stronger after one of your Pokemon died. No idea what Voltorb does.

I agree with the others. Stunfisk and Voltorb aren't all that useful. The only other suggestion I can think off is fitting in the Magnezone line to set up energy faster.

Imo the deck would be improved if you added 2 Manectric-EX and removed the stunfisk and voltorb. Or you can go with a 4-3-4-3 line and add trick coins, rare candies, switching the rough seas for shrine and memories and go full out paralyze.

Because Luxray Break, being a 4 stage mon, you need to buy lots of time. And I don't think that voltorb + bursting balloons + rough seas + crushing hammers buy you enough time.

Let us know what you'll be looking to change in the pokemons so that we can help you with the rest (the trainers needs lots of changes imo).

Ampharos-EX is too heavy on the energies to put on pressure, not like with Manectric-EX that can easily pressure with 1 or 2 energies and from there you can start charging shinx evolution line in the bench.

Ok, I'll give my suggestion to what change in your deck with the addition of Manectric-EX:

- 1 Stunfisk

- 1 Voltorb

+2 Manectric-EX

4 Shinx BKP -> 4 Shinx Flash Fire (just for the paralyze gaze)

+1 Luxray BKP

+1 Luxray Break BKP

-3 Bursting Balloon

-1 Rough Seas

+2 Shrine of Memories (yeah, suggesting 2 different fields is bold)

-3 Crushing Hammer

+2 Rare Candy

-2 Professor's Letter

-3 Wally

-1 Bridgette

-3 Evo soda

+4 Level Ball

+three Ultra Ball (for some reason +number is censored)

+1 Sacred Ash

+3 Trick Coin

+2 Muscle Band

-2 Pokemon Center Lady

-3 Switch

+1 Professor Birch

+1 Lysandre

+1 Hex Maniac

+1 Skyla

+4 Flash Energy

-6 Electric Energy

Main things: Trick coin always on shinx line, Rough seas just for some recovery in case you run into bats or something, rare candies to get out luxray faster, level balls to get out shinx and luxio faster, ultra balls to get out luxray and luxray break faster or even manectric if you feel you need it. Prioritize discarding supporters to get back with VS Seeker, avoid at all cost discarding super rod and sacred ash.

Make note that this may not work as intended, only through experience you'll find out what you need more, what cards you find more useless and can easily improve your deck if replaced.

The two major things that stick out immediately are Voltorb and Stunfisk. Those should probably be removed, and replaced with something better, maybe a couple Manectric-EX?

Unless of course, Voltorb and Stunfisk serve a purpose in this deck that I don't recognize, in which case I will eat a Voltorb card and a Stunfisk card as punishment for my stupidity.

Voltorb isn't all that useful, but Stunfisk has Revenge, which is a decent attack, and u should still eat the cards for the lulz.

Voltorb isn't all that useful, but Stunfisk has Revenge, which is a decent attack, and u should still eat the cards for the lulz.

We'll see. Electric-type Pokemon are so hard on my digestive system... :(

Poor guy!

That being said, I think most of what I would suggest has been suggested. Still figuring out the deck thing myself, but I'm thankful for the helpful community here. I suppose the one thing I can offer is: focus on the concept of what you want the end result to be, it will help strengthen the overall deck. That's one of the things I need to remind myself of with my Trevenant deck.

Toughen up fruitcake, I went swimming with Raikou once, and lived! Also had a water gun fight with Blastoise, barely survived that.

Toughen up fruitcake, I went swimming with Raikou once, and lived! Also had a water gun fight with Blastoise, barely survived that.

That deserved a like, hilarious LOL.

Haha! Thanks for the jokes and the help =) I'm having no luck on trades for Manetric-EX, so I may just have to open up packs with it.

Haha! Thanks for the jokes and the help =) I'm having no luck on trades for Manetric-EX, so I may just have to open up packs with it.

I would trade in a trade company in the item exchange part of this forum. I think there's 3 (?) companies active. Check out their prices, whoever is cheaper try to trade your packs for the manectric's there.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I tried something crazy in the hopes of making it better, but, ummm... yeah.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 21

1 Manectric-EX PHF 23
1 M Manectric-EX PHF 24
2 Raichu BREAK BKT 50
3 Pikachu ROS 20
1 Pikachu GEN 26
1 Raichu GEN 27
1 Raichu GEN 109
2 Raichu BKT 49
2 Luxray BREAK BKP 47
3 Shinx BKP 44
2 Luxio BKP 45
2 Luxray BKP 46

Trainer Cards - 28

4 Wally ROS 94
3 Evosoda XY 116
2 Rare Candy PRC 135
4 Level Ball NXD 89
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
3 Shauna PHF 104
2 Fisherman BKT 136
3 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 11

4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111
4 Flash Energy AOR 83
3 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

personally i run 2 manectric exs, with 2 head ringers, a 3 1 3 line of luxray break,and the use of team flare grunts it makes setting up a lot easier and you are still able to set up your luxrays with not as much trouble meanwhile being able to dish out some damage. i find in general if you are running a card with a high energy cost you got to run some sort of disruption card in your deck to make it work, otherwise with the fast pace of this meta your deck can get destroyed especially running a card that evolves 4 times to use. 

i think u should use shinx and luxio with paralize attacks and combine it with shrine of memories and trick coins.if u dont have enough energy to use wild fury,delay enemy by paralize it.

Archived