"Replay" Games

pokemasterTz

Hello, PokeMastertz here! The game log feature is really great, but reading a game log can be weird and confusing at times. I would propose adding a "replay" feature where you can import a game log copied onto your clipboard, and have the PTCGO display the match, so you would be able to "see" matches that have already happened. You would be able to look a information normally not available like your opponents hand and your prize cards, and pause or fast forward/backward through the matches you watch. Being able to actually observe what is going on instead of just reading a 3-page long game log would be a huge help! Basically the game would re-create matches with a game log, and I think this would be fantastic for analysis of past games. I understand this might take a bit of coding, but I feel like it would be a welcomed and interesting feature. Thanks for your time!

This would be spectacular. It would be soo useful for people playing games as preparation for real life games/tournaments, as well as just for people who want to find ways to improve their decks. At the end of each game, it could have two options: one to replay right then, and that would be the only time you can view it again in game so each game doesn't take up a bunch of space. Then the second option could be to export it into a folder with the rest of the game files that you could watch later with whatever program you choose. I really hope they add this to their VLL(bunch of other letter). 

me too i love this idea.. i same copy a gamelog of a game in wordfile , in case i could replay a game.. sometimes we feel like showing our game.

I made a thread days ago about this no one replied, but this would be awesome

Oh, I didn't mean to copy, sorry, but it would be awesome!

Edit: I just looked, and noticed your suggestion was completely different, as you were talking about recording games, whereas this is something completely new!

We are glad to see a lot of enthusiasm for new ideas. This idea has been brought up before, and the development team is aware that this is a feature that the community would like to see in the game. I will leave this thread open for further discussion however. 

Hello, PokeMastertz here! The game log feature is really great, but reading a game log can be weird and confusing at times. I would propose adding a "replay" feature where you can import a game log copied onto your clipboard, and have the PTCGO display the match, so you would be able to "see" matches that have already happened. You would be able to look a information normally not available like your opponents hand and your prize cards, and pause or fast forward/backward through the matches you watch. Being able to actually observe what is going on instead of just reading a 3-page long game log would be a huge help! Basically the game would re-create matches with a game log, and I think this would be fantastic for analysis of past games. I understand this might take a bit of coding, but I feel like it would be a welcomed and interesting feature. Thanks for your time!

I would absolutely LOVE a replay feature.  I played a game the other day and I really wished I could have shown off my tactical brilliance to a friend next time he comes over.

Not sure if I should make a new thread or not, but I'll post here since the OP mentions the log.

The Game Log needs an update.  When my opponent plays an Ultra Ball (as a good example), it should be telling me not only what card the opponent fetched (most preferably with a mouse-over making the card pop up so I can see -as an example- which of the 25 different kinds of Eevee it was), but also which cards the opponent discarded.

Any time the opponent discards cards or retrieves cards from his deck (but obviously not for cards like Teammates or Reserved Ticket, where the opponent isn't shown what cards they retrieve) or discards, it really should specify which cards are being discarded or retrieved.

Not sure if I should make a new thread or not, but I'll post here since the OP mentions the log.

The Game Log needs an update.  When my opponent plays an Ultra Ball (as a good example), it should be telling me not only what card the opponent fetched (most preferably with a mouse-over making the card pop up so I can see -as an example- which of the 25 different kinds of Eevee it was), but also which cards the opponent discarded.

Any time the opponent discards cards or retrieves cards from his deck (but obviously not for cards like Teammates or Reserved Ticket, where the opponent isn't shown what cards they retrieve) or discards, it really should specify which cards are being discarded or retrieved.

That would be good, even though, you can always see them in the discard pile. The top cards are the one discarded.

That would be good, even though, you can always see them in the discard pile. The top cards are the one discarded.

It's not so much a matter of knowing what has been discarded as much as wanting to know when it was discarded.

A "save game log" feature at the game-summary screen would also be a boon.  Not quite as good as an actual replay, but probably something much easier to put in to hold us over 'til real replays can be implemented.  :shrug:

It's not so much a matter of knowing what has been discarded as much as wanting to know when it was discarded.

A "save game log" feature at the game-summary screen would also be a boon.  Not quite as good as an actual replay, but probably something much easier to put in to hold us over 'til real replays can be implemented.  :shrug:

You can export the game log at the end of a match, it copies it to your clipboard.

Archived