Regarding Android Phones

TPCi_Samhayne

Only one way to find out. Opt in to the beta and download the game and see if it works. If the app store says it is incompatible with your device, then you can use a backup I made in an earlier post.

(Post 43;scroll up)

(Post # in topright of each post)

I downloaded your APK and side-loaded onto her Fire.  Unfortunately, even though I can see it in my parent profile there's no way (that I could find) to select it as an app she can use in her child profile.  So - we have an agreement that she can play Pokemon TCG Online in my profile, but ALL OTHER USE is in hers.  And since it's managed I showed her that I would be able to tell if she wasn't using her profile LOL.  She's too scared of losing the access to the online game to disobey that rule - every other rule on the other hand.....I mean, she IS 12.  LOL  THANKS!

Since the moderators have not removed my link from Post #43 containing the backup of the APK I took, I have re-uploaded the APK to renew its expiration period of 7 days, as promised.

The app has not been updated so there is no need to re-download if you already have it.

Version 1.4 "we .tl/BSTA4LjcZm"

(Treat it like a url, because it is one; remove the space)
(This link will expire in 7 days at 5/9/16 07:22 AM EST)

Will a new one be needed after today's update?  Like, will I have to side-load this all over again for my daughter's kindle Fire? (I JUST got it done Sat night! LOL)

It's been updated on Google Play now.

Since when?  I ask because from a Kindle Fire I could see it on the Google Play App Store - but was not allowed to download it because it said I had no devices (even though I was on the app store from an Android device)....saw some threads on Amazon about side-loading the Google Play store, but couldn't figure it out.  (Not technically challenged, but I'm an all Apple person after working there for over 12 yrs - basically from the announcement of the first iPod until 10/2014 when I left to stay home with my girls and go back to school).......Android is not my wheelhouse.

I have a question, if I may.

In the OP, tcpi_samhayne lists some very good reasons for it not being normally available on phones officially. Namely, the interface isn't quite there yet (it's useable, but it's a little small for reading, even on my Nexus 6p), and the biggest offender, the bandwith eating monster that hides under the hood of the game.

Now, we've identified the problems, and from this thread and others, it seems clear that a phone version would be much appreciated by everyone. The question then remains: Will you be working on those two things so that we can finally be able to play on our phones? If hearthstone did it, I'm sure you guys can.

For a comparison, Pokemon TCGO uses 2mb at the start to load server settings, and then about 3MB for each game you will play. Hearthstone currently uses about 150kb for each game, meaning that 3mb would last you more than 4 hours of gameplay in Hearthstone. That is disheartening. 

Edited by SevenTales

I have a question, if I may.

In the OP, tcpi_samhayne lists some very good reasons for it not being normally available on phones officially. Namely, the interface isn't quite there yet (it's useable, but it's a little small for reading, even on my Nexus 6p), and the biggest offender, the bandwith eating monster that hides under the hood of the game.

Now, we've identified the problems, and from this thread and others, it seems clear that a phone version would be much appreciated by everyone. The question then remains: Will you be working on those two things so that we can finally be able to play on our phones? If hearthstone did it, I'm sure you guys can.

For a comparison, Pokemon TCGO uses 200mb at the start to load server settings, and then about 3MB for each game you will play. Hearthstone currently uses about 150kb for each game, meaning that 3mb would last you more than 4 hours of gameplay in Hearthstone. That is disheartening. 

On my Verizon Ellipsis 8 Tablet, the initial load on data (I measured it) is around 2.4 MB. Is it that much more on the phones?

On my Verizon Ellipsis 8 Tablet, the initial load on data (I measured it) is around 2.4 MB. Is it that much more on the phones?

Those zeros are not supposed to be there. I'll fix it, thanks! :)

So long as you have the Android 4.0 or higher OS you can download the apk and install directly by enabling unsigned apps works great on every droid phone I've tried so far which has been a half dozen or so between my friends and I

So long as you have the Android 4.0 or higher OS you can download the apk and install directly by enabling unsigned apps works great on every droid phone I've tried so far which has been a half dozen or so between my friends and I

Yes, but that's 1) unofficial and 2) a bandwidth hog in it's current state. Proper support would be really cool. We could even have a slight readability update that makes reading cards easier!

I played 3 matches on the beach on my 5 inches phone with edge(!) connection, and it was flawless.

The only problem I got that my finger covers the text of the card I want to read.

So I think they shouldn't confine this good program only for tablets.

Edited by Binczet

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, I would greatly appreciate feedback for this because I purchase cards frequently and support the entire pokemon concept fully.

Secondly, my feedback is not very positive. I have been playing this on my pc for about 4 months and have enjoyed it quite a bit..however ..the most recent update now freezes and closes immediatly as I open the program. Although I was stoked that the android tablet version was finally released, I have experienced the worst problems with the app possible..it closes mid match all the time. I have an ********* that does it, bought the new lg 8 inch to try it with high hopes, same thing. I returned that piece of junk and bought a nextbook 11 inch and STILL have the same issue. I don't know if anyone out there has had absolutely no problems with any particular tablet, but I'd like to know if there is one that supports this game in it's current version. I would also like to know if there is an update in the making to possibly solve this problem. I have force stopped, disabled and shut off all notifications I could that may have interfered with this devices performance but this is the only app I have ever had with a probem like this.

PLEASE write back to me and give me any feedback you can. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Kegan

thank you SOOO much to the person(s) that posted about the apk file transfer idea. it works perfect on my v10!! to be more specific for others, download an apk backup app, backup the pokemon tcg online app, and (my choice) use the send anywhere app to transfer between devices. go to your settings, open your security options and check the box that says install from unknown sources. next, open your file manager app, search for the send anywhere folder, find the pokemon tcg file you transfered to your phone, and run the install. boom, you can play on your phone.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the game works better in my Nexus 5 than in my iPad2... but, wait! My phone isn't compatible, right?

Also, preclude the "phone installations" is very tricky: I haven't a pc that runs Winzoz or a Mac, and with my iPad I can't redeem codes... so why limitate also the device compatibility when a phone can run the game and doesn't have the "Appstore issue" with redeem?

Like I said, on my Nexus 5 phone the game works better and has less connection problems than an iPad tablet!

Does the game still work on a Nexus 5, too?

• 2 weeks later...

[Edited by Mod_Turtle: Links to or recommendations to sites other than official Pokémon sites are not allowed on the forums]

Can u upload it in apk format. Im doing this with my phone and dont want to installing other apps

Edited by Mod_Turtle

Can u upload it in apk format. Im doing this with my phone and dont want to installing other apps

You can use b1 online archiver (use google) to extract the zip without any need to install any apps. Edited by BetaLeaf

• 1 month later...

[Edited by Mod_Turtle: Links to or recommendations to sites other than official Pokémon sites are not allowed on the forums]

Edited by Mod_Turtle
  • Upvote 1

Hello

I underdtand this but its not so hard to make this on smartphones

I have a apk from the internet on my smartphone its good and its not too small ..but its laag and crash many times because its for tablet

Pleas make it for smartphones ????