[Legacy] Nidoking + Nidoqueen Deck... please help!

Taschen88

Hi guys! I bought the limited offer worth 1,275 tokens in the Shop yesterday - the HGSS Royal Guard deck + 3 booster packs, and now I want to make a good deck with the help of those cards.

Currently I do not have that many HGSS era cards yet, 1 Nidoqueen is from PLF set (BW era) and the other is from TM (HGSS era). That said, I think the PLF Nidorina's 1st attack helps more with the poisoning theme.

The 'tool drop' Trubbish and 'garbotoxin' Garbador are there for support, specially Garbodor to block annoying abilities of opposing Keldeo-EX, Mew-EX, and Virizion-EX. I removed the Machamp and Marowak line as I've noticed most players I run have Psychic and/or Water types as their main attackers. Not sure if my Garbador are really worth putting there; alternatively I can put in 2 'safeguard' Sigilyph.

Please help in editing my deck! Thanks! :*

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 18

3 Nidoking TM 6

2 Giratina PR-BLW BW74

2 Nidoran ♀ TM 69

2 Nidorina PLF 41

1 Nidoqueen TM 28

1 Nidoqueen PLF 42

3 Nidoran ♂ TM 70

2 Nidorino TM 46

1 Trubbish PLS 65

1 Garbodor LTR 68

Trainer Cards - 21

1 Ghetsis PLF 115

2 Professor Oak's New Theory HS 101

1 Professor Elm's Training Method HS 100

4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123

2 Virbank City Gym PLS 126

2 Interviewer's Questions UL 77

1 Colress PLS 118

2 Twins TM 89

3 Float Stone BKT 137

2 Rare Candy PRC 135

1 Rock Guard PLF 108

Energy - 21

2 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

13 Psychic Energy HSEnergy 8

6 Fighting Energy HSEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

To be honest, I know this is a beginner's deck, but still I would say there are too many pokemon. Also 1-1 line of trubbish and garboder is difficult to play (since any 1 can be prized !)

Another suggestion, sir you are playing too many energy. Most decks play 14 (at most, unless its a super energy dependent deck)

Here are my suggestions, hope they help out !!

-2 Nidorina

-2 Nidorino

-1 Nidoking

-1 Professor Elm's trainer method

-1 Interviewer's Questions

-6 Psychic Energy

-2 Fighting Energy

+2 Trubbish

+1 Garboder

+1 Sigilyph (toolbox)

+1 Safeguard

+2 Rare Candy

+2 Ultra Ball

+2 Giant Capes

+2 Energy Search

+2 Professor Juniper

I tried to make it more consistent. But to be honest, Tool Drop trubbish and sigilyph tool box alone is a very godo deck. If you want to make it, I would be glad to help. Reply if you want a core for it. I would be happy to help.

Hope it helps :)

Thank you! :)

Unfortunately I have only 1 Garbodor and no 'toolbox' Sigilyph, so for now I will have to make adjustments to your edit. Did you mean 'safeguard' Sigilyph? I have 2 of those. Maybe for now I can also put in 1 Mewtwo-EX (LT) or Giratina (PLB, the one with Hex).

As for the trainer cards, hrmm Giant Cape never crossed my mind! Personally I'm more used to Rocky Helmet, but I will test that out if it works better. I mean, I guess KO prevention is better than KO revenge, lol. And since Legacy format doesn't have much going on for retrieving discarded cards, I'm quite reluctant in using Prof. Juniper, but will add 1 or 2 anyway. If I get any more Prof. Oak's New Theory, I'll definitely include them.

I thought having a lot of energy would be beneficial, because this is an older format, and Pokemon from HGSS era require more energy to use stronger attacks. But I will test out using a total of 14 Energy only. I've been playing Standard format since October when I installed the game on my pc, I like this new Legacy format (reminds me of my old physical cards back when I still had them).. But my issue with the format is that Energy gathering can be quite slow. Isn't Interviewer's Questions better than Energy Search though?

BTW if you have spare Garbodor and/or toolbox Sigilyph, I have cards for trade :)

Most of my fancy rare cards are from XY era but I know I have some from BW and HGSS, too.

Thanks again! :D

Thank you! :)

Unfortunately I have only 1 Garbodor and no 'toolbox' Sigilyph, so for now I will have to make adjustments to your edit. Did you mean 'safeguard' Sigilyph? I have 2 of those. Maybe for now I can also put in 1 Mewtwo-EX (LT) or Giratina (PLB, the one with Hex).

As for the trainer cards, hrmm Giant Cape never crossed my mind! Personally I'm more used to Rocky Helmet, but I will test that out if it works better. I mean, I guess KO prevention is better than KO revenge, lol. And since Legacy format doesn't have much going on for retrieving discarded cards, I'm quite reluctant in using Prof. Juniper, but will add 1 or 2 anyway. If I get any more Prof. Oak's New Theory, I'll definitely include them.

I thought having a lot of energy would be beneficial, because this is an older format, and Pokemon from HGSS era require more energy to use stronger attacks. But I will test out using a total of 14 Energy only. I've been playing Standard format since October when I installed the game on my pc, I like this new Legacy format (reminds me of my old physical cards back when I still had them).. But my issue with the format is that Energy gathering can be quite slow. Isn't Interviewer's Questions better than Energy Search though?

BTW if you have spare Garbodor and/or toolbox Sigilyph, I have cards for trade :)

Most of my fancy rare cards are from XY era but I know I have some from BW and HGSS, too.

Thanks again! :D

Well I have total of 3 garboders, but are trade locked. Don't have any sigilyph, sorry :(

The question about Interviewer and Energy search is, you can use only 1 supporter per turn. So using an item card would be better, I wish professor's letter was legal (2 energies is so good) but well yeah, you can get energy from the item card and yet use a supporter. As for Rocky helmets and Giant cape, I included Giant cape for tool box sigilyph, since rock guard and giant cape both are sort of equivalent for me.

But if you don't have tool box sigilyph, use safeguard one for now (you can atleast stall others while setting up)

I hope it works well for you. Have a nice day :)

Archived