Packs in wheel getting rarer?

BowserLuigi

Ever since that 'maintenance', I haven't gotten a single pack from the wheel. I claim 8-9 boxes a day but they only contain tokens and tickets ******, most contain only 1 ticket). Before this, I could get at least 1 pack a day. Just wondering if it's just me.

And for today, 4 prizes claimed and they all contain 1 ticket each -_-

And no I forgot what I typed that got censored but I'm positive it's nothing offensive.

yeah it is definitely better off now than before with getting a pack i only remember a couple times before when i ever got a pack of cards. i've said it before though and i'll say it again the wheel is not consistent from day to day which is kind of annoying since some days your only getting 1 ticket boxes while others you are getting a balance of everything. Makes it pretty hard to get stuff in the shop.

yeah it is definitely better off now than before with getting a pack i only remember a couple times before when i ever got a pack of cards. i've said it before though and i'll say it again the wheel is not consistent from day to day which is kind of annoying since some days your only getting 1 ticket boxes while others you are getting a balance of everything. Makes it pretty hard to get stuff in the shop.

Bah... Just as I'm getting used to the new wheel then suddenly it pulls out such silliness. Just landed on claimed boxes 4 times in a row when I have 5 unclaimed. I understand it may be due to bad RNG but it's just... you know... depressing. 

I've already completed the ladder so there is almost no motivation to take on vs anymore....

The wheel prices post-maintenance really seem somewhat altered - at least in the probability department. Yesterday I got

6 x 1 ticket and

1 x 50 tokens.

Today I won

3 x 1 ticket

2 x 2 tickets

1 x 50 tokens.

Prior said maintenance this "bad luck" was unprecedented. Admittedly, my sample size is still too small to be sure but the prices at least "feel" somewhat different. Before it was like "I'm so excited - what may it be this time?", now it is more like "Let me guess, another ticket, right? Yup, I knew it..."

Pack pulls from the winner's wheel has DEFINITELY been reduced.  On day 1 I got 4 packs, day 2 I got 1 or 2, and have not gotten one since.  I got healthy coins on days 2 and 3, and have not gotten more than 150 coins since.  They netted us in by giving us the main course, now it seems all that are left are the crumbs.

Well, just had some funny stuff happen to me today. The wheel suddenly became really generous, giving out a pack in the first box and mostly tokens in the others (and only one box I claimed contains tickets!)...... after I complained about it in another topic! I think I need to complain more lol....

Now watch as I get garbage prizes again tomorrow XD

I'm sure it is just luck.  I pulled two packs out of 4-5 winners boxes last night, and I got 2 the day before as well.  

Its not all roses for me, though.  I am on a crazy long losing streak with opening packs.  I haven't pulled a single EX in probably my last 25+ packs, both locked an unlocked.  Anyone else having a harder time pulling ultra rares recently?  I can't imagine the actual ratios for opening packs has changed, but man my luck has been brutal.  

Its probably a nightmare from an execution standpoint, but it would be pretty cool if, instead of a RNG generated result from EVERY box, every wheel had 10 set outcomes that you could earn every night.  Something like:

1 pack

375 coins

100 coins

50 coins 

50 coins

4 tickets

2 tickets

2 tickets

1 ticket

1 ticket

If that were the case, I know I would probably keep working on my wheel every night until I at least crossed off the top 3-5 of that list.  As it is, I usually just quit when my odds get worse than 50-50 of getting a prize box.  

I'm sure it is just luck.  I pulled two packs out of 4-5 winners boxes last night, and I got 2 the day before as well.  

Its not all roses for me, though.  I am on a crazy long losing streak with opening packs.  I haven't pulled a single EX in probably my last 25+ packs, both locked an unlocked.  Anyone else having a harder time pulling ultra rares recently?  I can't imagine the actual ratios for opening packs has changed, but man my luck has been brutal.  

Its probably a nightmare from an execution standpoint, but it would be pretty cool if, instead of a RNG generated result from EVERY box, every wheel had 10 set outcomes that you could earn every night.  Something like:

1 pack

375 coins

100 coins

50 coins 

50 coins

4 tickets

2 tickets

2 tickets

1 ticket

1 ticket

If that were the case, I know I would probably keep working on my wheel every night until I at least crossed off the top 3-5 of that list.  As it is, I usually just quit when my odds get worse than 50-50 of getting a prize box.

Dunno much about packs but I don't see much change in luck when it comes to pack. Most contain unusable junk, with the occasional good stuff (pulled out a greninja break from a locked pack today). But yeah I won't trust packs for the most part. I have my eyes on some really expensive cards so I decided to save every tradable pack I can get before trying my luck on public trades (the trading companies aren't that useful to me). Only got 3 so far.

For me not at all. I am getting more than enough packs :)

Got 4 day before yesterday, 3 yesterday. Its all dependent on various luck. For me the wheel is super good. Gives me one or the other good prizes consistently. They have made the new wheel like pulling EXs in packs. So it all depends on luck. So we can't complain if we have a bad luck, happens to everyone. No need to worry, everyone will have a day with lots of bonus prize from the wheel.

Have patience, your reward will be sweet ;)

I know this isn't exactly the same, but I have to throw in a personal example that maybe people will be able to relate to: I play a lot of the pokemon games (my favorites where Fire Red and Leaf Green :D ). Sometimes, I know for 100% fact that I can get a certain pokemon in a specific area of grass. You can even find the rarity of them, and many are 5% (the same chances as getting a pack or 375 coins from the wheel). Sometimes, I will get 2-3 of those rare pokemon in a row. Other times, I will spend literally hours trying to get just one that I am looking for with no luck. 

Some days you will get very lucky, and maybe in 6 boxes you get 2 packs, 375 coins, 100 coins, and some tickets. Other days, you will get unlucky and get 1 ticket seemingly every time. That brings us back to the RNG issue (which officially is working just as it should, and I agree that it does appear to be functioning properly). 

Devs do change up the rewards from time to time, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did reduce the chance of packs or coins or whatever at some times and increase it at other times (they will never release that information to us though). But my guess is that it is just the RNG being just that: random. 

I hope this helps. Not sure how else to explain things. 

Pack pulls from the winner's wheel has DEFINITELY been reduced.  On day 1 I got 4 packs, day 2 I got 1 or 2, and have not gotten one since.  I got healthy coins on days 2 and 3, and have not gotten more than 150 coins since.  They netted us in by giving us the main course, now it seems all that are left are the crumbs.

Funny, because I was getting nothing but tickets the first two days, got mostly tickets for day 2 with 1 or 2 token boxes mixed in, and only now am I getting packs and large tokens. I have my doubts the rng is "bad", more likely it's right on and most are just mad that they get nothing useful one day, despite that being far from "impossible" as many try to claim.

Remember, we know that there is a 5% chance of getting both the pack box and the 375 token box. This means that if you get all 10 boxes every day, you should, on average, get one of those per day. You should get 1 pack every other day, and 375 tokens every other day (once again, as an average). If you only get 5 of your boxes per day, you should only get a pack once every 4 days. From what I've heard, it seems like people are doing quite well.

Remember, we know that there is a 5% chance of getting both the pack box and the 375 token box. This means that if you get all 10 boxes every day, you should, on average, get one of those per day. You should get 1 pack every other day, and 375 tokens every other day (once again, as an average). If you only get 5 of your boxes per day, you should only get a pack once every 4 days. From what I've heard, it seems like people are doing quite well.

Except that it would take hours to get all of the boxes. You can spend more than 4 hours doing nothing but playing vs and still not get them all. Ladderers won't mind of course since they are after those thunderbolts.

Well I dont know about the odds of getting 375 coins/packs but I have pulled 375 twice, since this new wheel was implemented, but I do usually get around a pack a day, until tonight that is, I managed to get 3 AO packs out of 5 boxes so far, so maybe its making up all the coins Ive been missing out on

Where does this 5% number come from? I didn't know that

has anyone gotten 4 or 5 packs of the same or is that a bug?

one day i gotten i think it was 4  or so of the same pack. it could be 3 but it happened like a few days after the update.

lately i been getting either 100 to 375 coins to a pack or 2 or so to tickets. but mostly tickets now. i think its about luck with the wheel. tho i like the older one better.

Archived