Android Beta doesn't work for Kindle Fire

Gemenii2188

It's really unfortunate that Amazon won't allow Google play apps to download. I have a Kindle Fire HDX and was excited for the Android Beta, only to realize it isn't compatible. Oh well.

What do you mean by side loading? Amazon doesn't have the app, therefore I can't use it on my Kindle even though it is an android tablet.

i have a fire and am playing now.  just download the play store sir.  there are tutorial on internet how to do it.  it was the first thing i did when i got my fire.  the amazon store is garbage.  

i have a fire and am playing now.  just download the play store sir.  there are tutorial on internet how to do it.  it was the first thing i did when i got my fire.  the amazon store is garbage.  

Was thinking about getting the Kindle Fire 7" and its pretty good as far as price goes, how well does the client run on your Kindle Fire? Also is the screen big enough? I would think a 7" display would be too small but idk

A 7 inch display is not too small as my "unsupported" Nexus 5's 5 inch screen is fine.

Resolution is a big issue though.  My device is OK because I have a 1080p screen (1920 x 1080) if horizontal.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you download the play store?

Never mind - I FINALLY GOT IT INSTALLED ON A DEVICE MY DAUGHTER CAN USE!!!!!  I'm about to get the "Mother-of-the-Century" award from her, and that's saying A LOT because once that child turned 12 it was like the entire "teenage attitude" thing blossomed overnight.   :o  :P

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I came here to find - Does it work on the cheap $50 Kindle Fire or would you recommend one of the higher spec ones?

I've heard it works on the newer cheaper Kindles but as I said my Kindle Fire HDX 7" from 2013 it doesn't work, even when I tried to side load it. The Google apps would show but never open, so I gave up.

Archived