HGSS Base-EP Tournament

chickenman2015

Overview:

As per wishes of GonzoMD1993 I am here to give some of his stuff away, and what better way then a tournament?! Anyway I am going to do a tournament and the only decks you can use will have HGSS base-EP cards as kinda a new challenge.

It will be best 3/5 and if possible, send me screenshots of the match. You will have 7 days to complete your matches.

Rules:

If your opponent cannot play then you will play against me.

Disconnection counts as a loss.

Sycamore may be used in place of Juniper and Tierno in place of Cheren.

Decks containing only HGSS Base-EP(emerging powers) cards will be allowed.

If you cannot play just contact me and I will work it out.

Feel free to change decks between rounds!

Entry Fee:

Free!

Prizes:

First - 10 RS packs

Second - FA Lysandre

Third - SR Gyarados-EX

Fourth - XY Pack

*Disclaimer: If I win any of the prizes I will pass it to the person below me

Entering:

This will be an 8 Man, double elimination tourney, just post your timezone and *********** name) below if you would like to be in. Tourney will start once all 8 slots are taken.

1. - Chickenman2015

2. - Mirak1994

3. - TreTorMud

4. - SharKing319

5. - Sthakkar

6. - Awesome_Guy

7. - Iyado166

8. - 20tornadus03

Pairings:

Using a RNG I have decided the pairings-

Round 1:

Chickenman2015 vs Awesome_Guy

Iyado166 vs Sharking319

20tornadus03 vs Sthakkar

Mirak1994 vs TreTorMud

Round 2 Winners Bracket:

Sharking319 vs Mirak1994

Round 2 Losers Bracket:

Iyado166 vs TreTorMud

Sign me up!

I'm in the Eastern US time zone, of course. And I don't know why an IGN is needed when everyone's forum names match their IGNs due to being linked to the same account.

Sign me up!

I'm in the Eastern US time zone, of course. And I don't know why an IGN is needed when everyone's forum names match their IGNs due to being linked to the same account.

There is a few people who use separate accounts on the forums lol, but I will sing you up!

I would like to enter BUT, I need to check if I have enough cards to build whatever so... I'll say yes or no later if possible (and if complete, no problem)

Hey add me. IGN sthakkar

Added. :)

hey :) i'd like to join

ign: awesome_guy

timezone: ist

Added! :)

I would like to enter BUT, I need to check if I have enough cards to build whatever so... I'll say yes or no later if possible (and if complete, no problem)

Ok, can't save the spot but if you can make it that would be great!

can we use rare candy other than from HS-unleashed?

Yep! You can use reprints as long as they have an art in HGSS-EP, like you can use the BP catcher if you wish, cause EP also has catcher. :)

i just had doubts since the 2 rare candies do not have the same text;

all cleared :D

Thanks

Lol no worries! :)

One spot left then we can start!

iyado166 and I went underway a couple hours ago, but we were only able to get one game in.

He had Super Rod in his deck, and I had to point out to him that the card was not legal in a HGSS-EP format (he was led to believe that Dragon Vault came before EP because of its weird placement in PTCGO's set filters). It was an honest mistake on his part, and he owned up to it and took a loss for it. He also said to me that he'd change his deck and get back to me, but I haven't seen him online since.

As it stands right now, it's 1-0.

iyado166 and I went underway a couple hours ago, but we were only able to get one game in.

He had Super Rod in his deck, and I had to point out to him that the card was not legal in a HGSS-EP format (he was led to believe that Dragon Vault came before EP because of its weird placement in PTCGO's set filters). It was an honest mistake on his part, and he owned up to it and took a loss for it. He also said to me that he'd change his deck and get back to me, but I haven't seen him online since.

As it stands right now, it's 1-0.

Hey, I changed my deck to make it fit the format.

Let me know when you can play

That sounds like you played one game. It makes me wonder whether or not you played a best-of-5 set, as outlined in the original post.

hey chicken :) when are you free.. I think we shouldn't have a prob finding each other :D

Lol sorry I couldn't get to you before, i should be open any other time. :)

Archived