Are PTCGO coin flips biased towards the NPC?

Nyek

The reason I present this question is based on personal observation.

The NPC over 3 days of playing the game has received 131 head rolls and a pitiful 24 tails.... comparing that to my rolls of 19 heads and a ridiculous 117 tails.

Now I can see that those are roughly 50/50 when combining the two but surely the online games algorithm should be based on the individual players rolls instead of overall in the game? I cannot believe how frustrating this RNG is when playing against the NPC.

Now before anyone starts up "that's RNG get used to it" I have played Bloodbowl and Bloodbowl 2 which has some of the most brutal RNG of any game, even that is a walk in the park compared to this stuff.

So my question, is PTCGO totally biased towards the NPC?

I seem to be one of the few people that thinks the RNG is in fact a RNG. I do, however, agree that when facing the higher level npc's that they seem to get a higher flip rate in their favor. This may be intentionally done to make the higher ones more difficult, or maybe we are just biased because we do not have all the stats and have not seen the code itself. 

The reason I present this question is based on personal observation.

The NPC over 3 days of playing the game has received 131 head rolls and a pitiful 24 tails.... comparing that to my rolls of 19 heads and a ridiculous 117 tails.

Now I can see that those are roughly 50/50 when combining the two but surely the online games algorithm should be based on the individual players rolls instead of overall in the game? I cannot believe how frustrating this RNG is when playing against the NPC.

Now before anyone starts up "that's RNG get used to it" I have played Bloodbowl and Bloodbowl 2 which has some of the most brutal RNG of any game, even that is a walk in the park compared to this stuff.

So my question, is PTCGO totally biased towards the NPC?

Welcome to the dark side of PTCGO.  Though difficult to get a very good RNG calculation from a processor, it is quite obvious that other games do it better.  I just wish this could be one of the games which are looked to as one of the best for RNG.  And you would think so, with as much money goes into the Pokemon franchise, but I must admit I have no clue how much of that revenue gets to this part of said franchise.

I seem to be one of the few people that thinks the RNG is in fact a RNG. I do, however, agree that when facing the higher level npc's that they seem to get a higher flip rate in their favor. This may be intentionally done to make the higher ones more difficult, or maybe we are just biased because we do not have all the stats and have not seen the code itself. 

LOL, and we never will unless someone leaks it.  And I highly doubt that would ever happen with how tight-lipped development is of this game.

Archived